doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Sergent Greener worth anything? - 05/16/22 04:04 AM
Cleaning out my father-in-law's house in AK, I found a Greener 20ga sxs. The serial # appears to be 58358 (the 1st "8" is a more angular shape than the 2nd). There appears to be a letter "G" on the other side of the screw. The gun is in rough condition. My question is: Is it worth having someone look at it or should I give it away with his other guns(also poor condition)? I don't want to ship it to CA.
Posted By: Parabola Re: Greener worth anything? - 05/16/22 08:41 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

Depends what you mean by “rough”. Some photos would help.

Is there a number following the letter “G” that you mention?

If so it will indicate the original price in Guineas, going up from 10 Guineas for a plain sound gun to 70 plus for the really fine grades.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Greener worth anything? - 05/17/22 12:04 AM
Dear Mr. Sergent,

If your gun's serial # is 58358, then according to Graham Greener's excellent book, "The Greener Story", your gun would have been made in 1910.

Are there any numbers behind the letter "G"? A high grade 20 gauge Greener from that era would be pretty rare.

Does the gun have a top safety or side safety?

As the previous poster mentioned pictures would help.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Greener worth anything? - 05/17/22 10:50 PM
Welcome aboard! Definitely post some pictures for us to help with
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Greener worth anything? - 05/22/22 02:42 AM
If you give a more detailed description or some photos I'll give you a valuation. My valuation system uses Brand Value (BV), Original Quality Grade (OQ), and Current Condition (CC). Greener is BV2. If we can get to an estimate of OQ and CC I can use a look-up table for a value estimate. Greener guns spanned the full range of "milord's best work guns" to "keeper's/farmer's guns" for OQ. CC is all about the use and care the gun got.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com