doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: eightbore Double Gun Journal, Third Index and Reader - 04/17/22 12:19 PM
Rumor has it that a third edition of the DGJ Index and Reader is in the works. Is this mentioned in a recent issue of the Double Gun Journal? Where can we find out about it?
If so, I think Dave would need to post a >>Sticky<< to keep us all abreast.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Daniel and I years ago had discussed the fact that a third edition was long overdue but that he and Joanna were completely tied up in editing and producing the DGJ along with other commitments.

I sincerely hope we see one in the next couple of years.
Originally Posted by DAM16SXS
Daniel and I years ago had discussed the fact that a third edition was long overdue but that he and Joanna were completely tied up in editing and producing the DGJ along with other commitments.

Which in turn leads to to the question of what happens to DGJ when Daniel and Joanna retire? I look forward to receiving each issue and have saved all of them. They are wonderful to just pull off the shelf at random and go browsing through.
Originally Posted by Remington40x
Originally Posted by DAM16SXS

Which in turn leads to to the question of what happens to DGJ when Daniel and Joanna retire? I look forward to receiving each issue and have saved all of them. They are wonderful to just pull off the shelf at random and go browsing through.

I doubt it will continue in it's present form. It is a labour of love, not a cash cow (most likely) as evidenced by the lack of resources to get what now should be the third and fourth editions of the index and Reader. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
I don't need a third index & reader. What I would like to see would be the PGCA, Baker, Remington and Lefever web sites do an index of articles for their makes like the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, Inc. has.
Originally Posted by Researcher
I don't need a third index & reader. What I would like to see would be the PGCA, Baker, Remington and Lefever web sites do an index of articles for their makes like the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, Inc. has.

Well said, and I agree. I have the first Index and Reader, but have bought no more, since.
For all of you who wish to be kept informed....

I have been advised directly this morning that Double Gun Journal Index and reader #3 is currently in process and will be published before the end of 2023.

I am happy to periodically post updates the status of this endeavor.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

Well said, and I agree. I have the first Index and Reader, but have bought no more, since.

Well, I find mine useful and will be placing an order for the third as soon as it comes available. In the meantime I made a home-made searchable index of subsequent issues by taking screen shots of the index pages of each issue on the DG site where they advertise back issues for sale. Not nearly as detailed as the official indices but helpful nevertheless.
Thanks Dave for following along with our whims on our little playground.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Dave Weber, That's excellent news! I had almost lost hope.

Researcher - The PGCA website www.parkerguns.org in its Members Only section has begun a Parker Pages On-Line Archive and it's pretty darn good for all practical purposes. Included is every page of every issue from the beginning in 1993 through the last issue of 2021.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com