doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Run With The Fox WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/30/22 09:40 PM
For the 1950 M70 .220 Swift I recently purchased. 10X-12-X dull finish steel tube- Leupold, Redfield, Weaver, Stith, Lyman- No Japanese mfg-- German mfg fine if with 1" dia tube- max Bell dia. 50MM- will mount in either Leupold lo rings and bases, or Buehler--I initially posted this in the custom rifles section, so kindly overlook the duplication here. I have given up on E-Bay, its a con game-- the posted price is subject to last minute "upbidding" by shills- just like gun auctions- RWTF
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/30/22 09:47 PM
Glad you have given up on ebay. One less competitor is good for me, and I have had VERY good luck there.

However, if you are determined to pay a premium, these guys might be worth it.
https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/
Posted By: ed good Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 12:17 AM
foxie, you are sounding paranoid...

1950 vintage says lyman target spot to me...

will you pay $1000 for one in wooden box with rings and bases...
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 12:29 AM
They're not shills, they're snipers. Shills try to build up the price early, snipers bid late to keep the price down.
Posted By: CJF Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 01:09 AM
I've gotten 2 early Weavers recently. Once from ebay and the other from Gunbroker. Both very nice bluing on the K4-60B and K3-60B. Each was under $100 at the close of the auction and under $120 to my door. I don't get burned often but I always ask about something if I'm uncertain, and ask for add'l pics if an important aspect isn't pictured. I'm ok if some get bid up past where I'm wanting to go. The key to happiness for me is not getting overly attached to a specific one so long as they keep showing up for auction...patience is savings. Good luck.

I'm posting just to encourage you to give these sources another try. Not saying these are what you're looking for. BTW, these were both acquired this year.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 12:26 PM
maybe, do you have one for sale, Edmundo? RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 12:34 PM
foxie, no...but i know where one is, that could be for sale...
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 12:50 PM
So, Edmundo, what % finder's fee% do you charge, if, in theory, this older scope should be for sale-"down the road" RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 01:54 PM
neva mind...
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 06:51 PM
How does "bidding late" work to keep the price down? RWTF
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 03/31/22 11:46 PM
You see an item on Ebay you're interested in. There's two days left and the starting bid is $20. Only one other person is interested in this item, and they put in the first bid for $22, no one else is interested or going to bid. The item is worth $50 to you, so you put in a $50 bid. The other bidder puts his old woman hat on, and starts bidding, $22, $24, $26 and so on until they beat your $50 bid. If you bid again for $60, they either start bidding again until they beat you, or you end up paying $50 or more. If you had sniped, waited until the last few seconds to bid, you would have beaten their opening $22 bid and gotten the item for $23 because they wouldn't have time to bid again. Now, if someone else was also sniping on that, you might have lost, or paid more, but that's the breaks. If you want to see the price on an item go up, bid early and often.
'
Posted By: keith Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 04/01/22 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
How does "bidding late" work to keep the price down? RWTF

It doesn't. But bidding early and often gives the competition lots of time to think things over, and time to decide to bid higher and higher. I feel it is stupid to bid early if you are interested in winning something at auction for the lowest possible price. You might as well play poker with your cards turned facing the other players.

The people who bid early in auctions are often those same fools who are resigned to the notion that it is perfectly normal to lose money when buying guns.
Posted By: skeettx Re: WTB- used fixed power scope - 04/01/22 01:13 PM
If you do not like end of auction games,
Search for Buy It Now listings

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=k12+weaver&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Alternately, you can use the Best Offer option

Send this seller an offer and see if he accepts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334386879092?hash=item4ddb02da74:g:jiYAAOSwTZFiRkyt
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com