doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KY Jon Browning single/double repair. - 02/14/22 03:59 PM
My Browning Super, single/double, experienced a bit of trigger malfunctioning this weekend. I am going to give it a detailed trigger cleaning to see if that fixes the problem. It has never been a problem before and I hope that’s enough. But if not who can and will work on them without removing the single/double feature? I know for years Browning would convert every one they worked on so they may not be the best repair option. Looking for other options if I end up needing one.
Posted By: GLS Re: Browning single/double repair. - 02/14/22 04:10 PM
https://artsgunshop.com/
This is who I'd ask. If they can't, they might know who can. Gil
Posted By: eightbore Re: Browning single/double repair. - 02/14/22 05:51 PM
I have never had one that didn't work well. Think "dirt". For gosh sakes, don't let anyone convert it to a single trigger.
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Browning single/double repair. - 02/14/22 07:10 PM
Maybe spray sone gun scrubber on the trigger group
Posted By: skeettx Re: Browning single/double repair. - 02/14/22 09:10 PM
Vibratory cleaner is what I would use.
Mike
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Browning single/double repair. - 02/15/22 03:35 AM
I cleaned it out and will see if that is all it was.Was nothing extra that I saw but after 80 years it might just have needed a little love. Stock fit still seems not a problem for function. I refuse to let anyone convert it from the original design that is why I asked if anyone had a smith who could repair it if needed. My local smith might fix a lot of things well but he is not a trigger man. Funny thing is he does everything else very well but I doubt he has seen two of these single/double Brownings' if that. Several people have PM suggestions for whom to send it to if needed.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com