doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: eeb Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 01:28 PM
I’m looking for information on the shoot they have in April. It’s not on their website. Anyone here have info on this? Thanks
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 02:03 PM
They haven't hosted it in a couple of years due to Covid. I haven't emailed them to see if it will be on this year or not, but it is always held the weekend before the Spring Southern, in April.

Nice shoot with lots of exhibitors. It is by invitation only, but all you have to do to get invited is email the right person and ask.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Nice shoot with lots of exhibitors. It is by invitation only, but all you have to do to get invited is email the right person and ask.

I was going to buy a condo there but the golf course ruined it for me. Would have preferred a track where you could do some sandrailing.

Posted By: Carl46 Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by lonesome roads

I was going to buy a condo there but the golf course ruined it for me. Would have preferred a track where you could do some sandrailing.

LOL. They probably didn't like your jet ski either.:-)
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Carl46

LOL. They probably didn't like your jet ski either.:-)

I’m just glad I didn’t ask if I could park the race boat in the front yard.

Posted By: Mills Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 07:23 PM
Hopefully this show will come back. I always enjoyed it
Posted By: eightbore Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 10:12 PM
Anywhere there is golf in a retirement community, you are paying for it with your clay target money. Best to buy a nice home close to a good gun club and search for other amenities elsewhere. Mills, your opinion?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/01/22 10:54 PM

No condos for sale on Brays Island that I am aware of, only very expensive homes. Maybe you need to do your homework a little better before making up your fantastic lies.
Posted By: Carl46 Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/02/22 12:04 AM
I hope the shoot happens, I hope some of you get to go, and I hope you take pictures to share with the rest of us. It looks like a beautiful venue.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Brays Island Shoot - 02/02/22 12:16 AM
It's one of the prettiest courses I've ever shot, Carl. The number of exhibitors was astounding for such a small shoot, because they recognized the potential (read $$$$) there on Bray's Island, and they could combine it with the trip up to Sanford, NC the next weekend for the Spring Southern.

I'm emailing my contact there to find out the news about it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com