doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Joe Wood ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 01/27/22 03:10 AM
The Rocky Mountain Vintagers have scheduled another great weekend of shooting double guns, great fellowship, and plenty of good food (and evening beverages) at the incomparable facilities of the NRA Whittington Center near Raton, New Mexico. Probably some of the greatest views to be found in America. Nestled in the foothills of the Rockies to the west and almost limitless views of the great American prairie and the Santa Fe trail provide a spectacular background. And the three sporting clay courses abound in wildlife. Not unusual to have to wait a few minutes on a station while antelope or deer graze by! Very comfortable lodging. But great motels are also available in Raton, seven miles away.

This is always my favorite shoot for the year and this is our 15 this year. All have been amazing and we have people traveling from a number of other states to join the activities and some hang around to enjoy the high country pines. Beautiful country!

Come join us! This is not a fancy shoot and no scores are kept so lie to your hearts content. wink

April 22-24, 2022.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: skeettx Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 01/27/22 05:10 AM
wink I am going
Posted By: muchatrucha Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/05/22 04:19 PM
Yes, I’ll be there too. This is our 15th annual gathering. Lovely venue, great people and lots of fine doubles to admire. Anyone interested in seeing and shooting vintage double guns should not miss this event! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Posted By: KS16ga Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 12:03 AM
I would be interested in this event but at that time I will be in North Carolina at the Southern Side by Side Classic. Maybe if it was later in the year I could make it.
Posted By: muchatrucha Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 12:45 AM
We have in the past held our event in the summer. Too many conflicts. Summer kids shooting events, summer adventure camps, “He-man” shoots, family vacations, etc. plus there is the heat…
Cannot please everyone but we are trying our best to avoid a time when MANY people are using the facilities.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 01:47 AM
We are so blessed that men such as yourselves work so hard to make it possible for all of us shotgun officianados to have MORE shoots per season than we can possibly attend.

I just wanted to say thanks.
Posted By: muchatrucha Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 04:16 PM
Thank you CZ. It IS a lot of work but always worth it. I’ve been organizing this event for 15 years now and it’s a great load of fun for all who attend.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by muchatrucha
We have in the past held our event in the summer. Too many conflicts. Summer kids shooting events, summer adventure camps, “He-man” shoots, family vacations, etc. plus there is the heat…
Cannot please everyone but we are trying our best to avoid a time when MANY people are using the facilities.

Sounds like fun. Summers are indeed busy.

What, pray tell, is a "He-man" shoot?
Posted By: muchatrucha Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/27/22 08:54 PM
Not exactly sure but it includes lots of modern black guns and testosterone.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/28/22 12:33 AM
Strange name. Kinda derogatary, whatever the source.
Posted By: skeettx Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/28/22 01:42 AM
This event is for those who like the big guns. He-Men use .308's (A division is available for both scoped, or iron/1x), .45's and 12 gauge pump shotguns.

https://www.nrawc.org/events/items/he-man-3-gun-national-championship/

https://www.facebook.com/HemanNationals/
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/28/22 12:23 PM
Interesting. Thanks, Mike. I MISread between the lines.

I'd fit right in I guess, tho' I'm far from being a He-Man. I do carry a .45 and have a Rock River .458 SOCOM.
Posted By: skeettx Re: ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGER SHOOT - 02/28/22 02:59 PM
You are a He-Man to me smile
And I would say you also shoot a 12 gauge at times
Enjoy the day
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com