doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Good Day for Looking #5 - 12/31/21 02:36 PM
It's another cold day in Montana, the dog is inside, so I'll post some pics you might enjoy. This is an Ithaca Crass, Grade 5. It has most of it's original finishes. The Crass period seemed to have a very high engraving quality.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: ellenbr Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 12/31/21 03:21 PM
Nothing wrong with a Crass for sure. That depiction of a Setter is great. Reminds me of the several I have had under my command.

Still muggy & mosquitoes here but they promise cooler temps & snow by Sunday afternoon?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Hal Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 12/31/21 03:45 PM
Beautiful shotgun! -22F here now, but thankfully calm. At least I have a new DGJ to read.
Posted By: Parabola Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 12/31/21 07:52 PM
Happy New Year to All.

Good to know there is a new DGJ on its way, having just finished reading the Autumn issue. I ration myself to make it last longer.

What a beautiful gun!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 12/31/21 11:22 PM
My new DGJ came today. I scanned through the index and saw that there is a long article by one of my favorite Southern writers, Roger Pinckney, on the Christmas traditions at Middleton Plantation, near Charleston.

I'm anxious to read it!
Posted By: John E Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 01/01/22 03:34 PM
Daryl,

Thank you for sharing these with us this past week. This Qlty 5 is an amazing example of the work being put out by the folks at Fall Creek at this time period. It is a 2nd type Crass frame and appears to be an extractor model, which should have been an option on a Qlty 5. Is there another animal on the trigger guard as well?

Thanks again,

John
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 01/01/22 04:39 PM
John, thanks for your thoughts. Here's the trigger guard.

Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Good Day for Looking #5 - 01/01/22 06:10 PM
I'll go with Archibal dRutlege, Nash Buckingham, Havilah Babcock and Wm. Faulkner-- Also Robert Ruark and Charles Nicholson-- loved his hard-lucl character "Cholly Dorman" --Nothing against G.B. Evans and Wm. Hardon Foster either-- RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com