doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John Roberts CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 12:54 AM
I think it is.
https://connecticutshotgun.co/black...;mc_cid=4b024413ab&mc_eid=3bf4469961
Fwiw, I'm not promoting their products, just got the email about this and put it up for all to see in case someone might be interested...
JR
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 01:03 AM
No deal.
Posted By: eeb Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 01:09 AM
How could that not be a deal at $799? How bad could it be?
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 01:27 AM
Thanks John, I ordered two.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 01:39 AM
Turkish or USA.

bill
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 01:57 AM
Turkish. ATA Arms.
Posted By: builder Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 02:50 AM
I have the ATA Super Sport which looks similar to the pictures on the website. Mine has some red lettering and an adjustable comb purchased six months ago from British Sporting Arms for $1075 plus tax. I have shot maybe 600 rounds including today and it is still stiff to open. feels very solid. 32" barrels and 8 lbs.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by builder
I have the ATA Super Sport which looks similar to the pictures on the website. Mine has some red lettering and an adjustable comb purchased six months ago from British Sporting Arms for $1075 plus tax. I have shot maybe 600 rounds including today and it is still stiff to open. feels very solid. 32" barrels and 8 lbs.

Milt, what can you say about the trigger? Any issues, decent pull weight?
Posted By: builder Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 02:58 PM
Stan, honestly never noticed the trigger so I would say it is good. It is a single selective and is changed with a Browning type motion. I have been told several times that it is a Beretta clone however I see it more as mixture of Beretta and Browning. It feels more like a Browning when shooting. I bought it with rainy days in mind.

If it is important to you I can weigh the trigger with an electronic device I bought years ago and check for creep.
Posted By: claycrusher1900 Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 07:59 PM
The one pictured has very nice walnut on it, and a nice tight pistol grip!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by builder
Stan, honestly never noticed the trigger so I would say it is good. It is a single selective and is changed with a Browning type motion. I have been told several times that it is a Beretta clone however I see it more as mixture of Beretta and Browning. It feels more like a Browning when shooting. I bought it with rainy days in mind.

If it is important to you I can weigh the trigger with an electronic device I bought years ago and check for creep.

Don't go to any trouble, Milt. I was more interested in any failures to function than weight of trigger pull. Not many guns I buy have a trigger that I don't have tuned for pull weight, anyway. I've seen so many lesser priced Turkish O/Us with single trigger troubles that I was just curious. I figured they'd get it straightened out eventually.

I think the action profile resembles a Beretta.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/03/21 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I think the action profile resembles a Beretta.

Agree.

But with the Beretta the frame and barrel set look a good bit more like they belong to the same gun...
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/06/21 01:16 PM
I thought the English shooting channel gave ATA sporting shotguns a favorable review.

Last week, CSMC did their yearly cyber sale. I was in there neck of the woods last week as my mother in law unexpectedly passed away. While waiting for my wife and sisters to finish up getting there hair done up. I pulled the trigger on an Inverness deluxe.

Figured why not!

Rich
Posted By: liverwort Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 12/07/21 09:04 PM
I believe it is the same gun as the Weatherby Orion, of which Randy Wakeman did a review stating the triggers were a bit heavy and mentioning that while the receiver is similar to a Beretta in appearance it is internally different.
Posted By: liverwort Re: CSMC Black Beauty sale: Deal? - 02/11/22 07:03 PM
I wanted to add to this thread that if this gun is the exact same as the Weatherby Orion I discovered the triggers are adjustable.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com