doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SXS 40 Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/22/21 11:37 PM
Looking for recommendations for someone who can PROPERLY relay ribs and reblack British barrels here in the US.

Thanks
Posted By: dogon Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/23/21 01:40 PM
Kirk Merrington Kerrville Tx.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/23/21 03:10 PM
I don’t know if Kirk is still working or not. Didn’t get an answer on the phone, last I called.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/23/21 03:20 PM
If Kirk doesn’t work out…. Give Del Whitman a call. I had him strip, relay and brown a set of best grade damascus Lancaster barrels and they turned out excellent. Del has a very nice set up for relaying ribs, a skill he perfected while regulating barrels at Rigbys. Beautiful work.
Posted By: ed good Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/23/21 03:33 PM
gunter pfrommer...540-484-5555, in va...
Posted By: keith Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/23/21 06:18 PM
Dewey Vicknair in Lititz, Pa. does outstanding work. You will find none better.

Once upon a time, he had post here that had details and pics of the fixture he built and used when soldering ribs.

Unfortunately, he decided this place wasn't for him, and he left us. He simply got disgusted with the antics of the Liberals here. When he left, he apparently had his registration shut off, because none of his posts remain in the archives. It was a huge loss that may well be forbidden to even mention these days. Thou shalt not speak the truth!

https://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot.com/?m=1
Posted By: dogon Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/24/21 01:58 PM
Kirk is relaying the ribs on a model 21 of mine at present. He can be a little difficult to get on the phone at times. Be sure to use the correct phone # because there is two different web sites for him with two different phone numbers.

This is the one I use 830-367-1325
Posted By: susjwp Re: Barrel Work Recommendation - 10/27/21 12:00 PM
Spoke with him yesterday. Picked up the phone on the second ring.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com