doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Travis S Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/16/21 02:19 AM
I have a 1921 16 ga ejector gun with 30 inch barrels full/full.

I found a set of uncut 26" barrels with cylinder/ full choked barrels marked 0 and 4/4 respectively but they are extractor barrels not ejector barrels.

the 26" barrels are now fitted to the frame.

My question is what issues will I have just using the ejector forearm on the extractor barrels? Or is there a better way to accomplish this second set of barrels on my gun? Obviulsy I am fine with the shorted barrel being extractor only.

Thanks

Travis
Posted By: bsteele Re: Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/16/21 02:38 AM
I’d be tempted to find a local machine shop with a wire EDM and have them split your extractor into two ejectors. I’m not exactly familiar with Ithaca ejectors and whether there may be other differences between extractor and ejector barrels, so please don’t hate me if that’s nonsense.
Posted By: keith Re: Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/16/21 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by bsteele
I’d be tempted to find a local machine shop with a wire EDM and have them split your extractor into two ejectors. I’m not exactly familiar with Ithaca ejectors and whether there may be other differences between extractor and ejector barrels, so please don’t hate me if that’s nonsense.

The only problem I see here is that wire edm cuts are not like a nice clean scalpel cut where material can simply be split with zero dimensional loss. You have to factor in kerf width and surface roughness, that will then need to be machined and polished off.

Sorry, but I can't tell you the best way to disable the ejectors on a Flues Ithaca, and simply use it as an extractor gun. But that sounds like a good option until you can find or have well fitted ejectors made for your extra barrels.
Posted By: mc Re: Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/16/21 02:05 PM
I think I would see if the lifters from the ejector gun fit the extractor bbl. If it does find set of ejector lifters for the extractor bbl.
Posted By: Walter C. Snyder Re: Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/18/21 01:41 AM
I suggest removing the ejector springs from the FA and use both barrels as extractor barrels.
Posted By: bsteele Re: Ithaca flues 16 GA ejector ? - 09/18/21 11:56 AM
A wire EDM kerf is usually around .004”. The finish may not be a mirror, but a few strokes on a diamond hone will make them slip just fine. Likely less than .010” total loss. A sheet of paper is around .005”.

If you want both to be ejector barrels that’s your best bet.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com