doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Swamp_Yankee Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/03/21 07:36 PM
I have a Cole Poli. It is not working well as the second shell does not fire. Gunsmith put in new firing pins but that did not help. My understanding is that the receiver would need to be rebuilt or have the factory parts added to fix it. can you tell from the serial number if there are parts available for this gun?
The serial number is 376KEL530.Can you tell from the serial number if there are parts available for this gun. Thank you
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/03/21 08:48 PM
Gunter Pfrommer was authorized by Fratelli Poli for repairs in the past.
You might discuss the problem with him
540-484-5555
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/03/21 11:38 PM
No help, but I've heard of nothing but problems from what few of these I've run across. Sorry you're having trouble with yours.
JR
Posted By: KDGJ Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/04/21 01:37 PM
Did you call Coles?

Ken
Posted By: Swamp_Yankee Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/05/21 08:07 PM
Coles said they no longer have records on them unless I can find out if parts are available . They want to have it sent in so they can estimate the cost of making the parts
Posted By: Joe in Charlotte Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/08/21 05:55 PM
Kevins of Thomasville is the current importer of Poli. He should have a gunsmith to cover warranty work of the guns he sells. A phone call will find out.

Robin Hollow has had a bunch of Poli guns going through their store. See if they have any recommendations.

I have a 12 ga Poli Sporting Clays gun and my 3 gauge (28, 32, .410) small gun. Never any issues. I had an early 12 BLE game gun. That gun had a similar problem. A friend, who posts here, took the hammer out and removed some metal. I don't remember where it was, maybe the arc of the hammer. The gun's firing pin is part of the hammer.

The gun worked perfectly after the repair. Maybe my friend will offer the details of the repair.

I half thought that maybe ammo is your issue. Metric vs Standard hulls. I have had Euro shells slip past my extractors on more than one gun..

Cheap fix, try different ammo. Your modern Poli can shoot anything. Shop around for other stuff to shoot in it, if you can find it in today's market. I have had guns that did not like rounded primers, others flat primers. I don't think I have ever owned the right combination of guns that could all share the same ammo.

All Best,

Joe in Charlotte
Posted By: Swamp_Yankee Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/15/21 10:40 PM
TX Joe, I struck out with Kevin,he says send it to Coles.will try different ammo
Posted By: Swamp_Yankee Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/16/21 04:18 PM
Thank You, I just spoke with Gunter
. It was obvious that he knows these guns ******NOW ***** if we send this to him and spend $500 to $650 (maybe less)

What is the value of the gun? I am thinking it will be good for another 50 - 60k rounds

What do you guys think? sell it as is for short money ?? or depending on your estimate sell it for what it is worth?

Thank You
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/16/21 04:32 PM
Get it fixed. It probably needs a new mainspring, etc. sounds like your mainspring for that side of the gun has lost a bit of of its power. It’s not a tough fix at all. Gunter will have it up and running in no time. He’s an amazing gunmaker. These aren’t complicated guns. They’re rather simplistic actually.
Posted By: Swamp_Yankee Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/17/21 01:08 PM
What is is worth Fixed? Or As is?
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Cole Poli 12 Ga SxS - 09/17/21 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee
What is is worth Fixed? Or As is?

Have no idea. Haven’t seen this particular gun. Have no idea of the model, grade, etc.

Ones got to think it’s worth a lot more money properly repaired than as single shot with two barrels, regardless of how fancy or plain the gun is.

I don’t know many people that would be willing buy a broken gun. Most would take a hard pass.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com