doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SXS 40 Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 03:54 AM
Are Dickinsonarms side by sides currently available? I don’t see any advertised.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 04:09 AM
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/dickinson-shotguns.c1249_p1_o6.cfm

JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 10:40 AM
A few here:

https://pacificsportingarms.com
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 03:31 PM
Fieldsport generally has a few in stock in each gauge/.410 bore.
Posted By: Hal M Hare Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 07:39 PM
Try this link

https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=5&q=Dickson+shotguns

Maybe this will help
Posted By: Cold Iron Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 09:52 PM
Fieldsport just got a shipment in the last week. John at Pacific Sporting Arms has had a 16 ga. Plantation Sporter on order for a year and a half now for me. They show up in spurts but not big ones.

SKB SxS are made by Dickinson and they were in the middle of redesigning them before the Roid hit. Selective triggers, Winchester 21 forearm, choke tubes with slots instead of Teague style and a few other things modified from previous runs. Nothing coming in there as of the last year plus.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/01/21 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Cold Iron
SKB SxS are made by Dickinson

I was under the impression that both SKB and Dickinson were made by AKUS. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
Posted By: gjw Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

I was under the impression that both SKB and Dickinson were made by AKUS. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

They both are. They are basically the same gun, different name
Posted By: Cold Iron Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:18 AM

SKB is more of an importer now, much like Charles Daly and in the same way are made to specs and price points. SKB imports both akus and Akdas shotguns. Link takes you to the story of SKB and history.

The rest of the US such as PSA and Fieldsport, etc. go through Dickinson USA in Ca. I talked to them about a 16/20 combo and they told me no way. They have a lifetime warranty and use a company in Oregon for gunsmithing.

3 years ago I picked up a 32" Plantation Sporter from PSA.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Like you if I am going to shoot a 12 I'm going to shoot a 12 damn it LOL. Had an ISIS recoil reducer added and adjustable comb cut. LIked it so much a year later picked up a 30" 20 ga. Plantation Sporter from John at PSA again.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I shoot it lights out, better than any other gun I own and I own more than a few. A 16 ga. 32" should fit right in the middle and be the goldilocks of them. At least in theory. For the last 2 years I have been shooting these guns almost exclusively on clays and I shoot a lot of clays.

Called SKB and talked to them about getting SK chokes for my 20 because Dickinson USA was out. Ended up talking to the gunsmith and he gave me the usually no guarantees they will fit etc. and I said you want to bet money on it? He laughed and we had a good conversation about the future of SKB guns. SKB does their own gunsmithing for warranty work. At the end of the conversation I told him SKB is dropping the ball by not offering any 16 ga. guns. He felt they never would but that things could change down the road.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:27 AM
Interesting, but you said Dickinson makes SKBs. Can you support that?

The link you provided says this: "The new line of SKB Shotguns are being produced, under a license agreement, by two factories in Turkey. The Akus and Akdas factories are considered to be two of Turkey’s best shotgun manufacturers, with a history of producing quality products for both the US and European markets".

How do you derive from the above that Dickinson makes them?
Posted By: Cold Iron Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:39 AM
Interesting, but you said Dickinson makes SKBs. Can you support that?

The link you provided says this "The new line of SKB Shotguns are being produced, under a license agreement, by two factories in Turkey. The Akus and Akdas factories are considered to be two of Turkey’s best shotgun manufacturers, with a history of producing quality products for both the US and European markets".

How do you derive from the above that Dickinson makes them?

Akus makes both the SKB SxS and Dickinson USA shotguns. They are from the same factory and same design. No matter what SKB calls it still an Estate, Plantation or Prestige. They are all made the same and in the same factory. Variations in grades of wood exist but nothing beyond that. Dickinson USA can order anything you see on the SKB website.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 02:17 AM
Agreed. I said from the start that AKUS made them both. By your line of reasoning one could also say that SKB makes Dickinsons.

One last time. Will you please show why you said Dickinson makes SKBs, or recant it? What's so hard about this?
Posted By: Cold Iron Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 02:54 AM
Really Stan? OK in the morning why don't you call Dickinson and tell them you want a gun identical to a SKB XXYY. They will most likely send you to PSA, Fieldsport or Elk County, etc. and also give you a custom order form too. Their are a lot of custom options available. If you stick to the SKB model which is ordered in large batches you don't have to even fill out anything. It will mirror the SKB gun the only difference when you get it is that it will not have SKB stamped on the bbl. Dickinson is the US face\distributor for AKUS SxS guns.

Call SKB while you are at it and tell them you want to order one of their guns from them. Let me know how that goes they haven't had any ordered for a couple of years now. SKB is not the distributor for AKUS in the US. Just a batch importer. Like Cabelas was before the BP take over although those were stamped Dickinson. There was also the S&W Elite. And Webley and Scott. Dickinson can have any of those reproduced if you so desire. If you try to talk to AKUS directly they will send you to Dickinson. Try it.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 11:07 AM
None of my discussion with you has dealt with who imports what, how to order, or how Dickinson and SKB are related in any way, other than your statement that SKBs are made by Dickinson, which they are not. But, you are too hardheaded to admit your are wrong about that, and keep muddying the water with who distributes what. Distribution isn't the topic. Who makes, and does not make, SKBs is.

post 602180

post 602201

Dickinson is the US face\distributor for AKUS SxS guns.

I will accept the second post quoted as an admission of error in the first. It's as close as we're going to get, evidently.

I have had a Dickinson for several years, having ordered it through Cabela's' Sidney store, and dealt with Tom Bryant to do so. You can save all your suggestions for me calling this place and that.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 11:44 AM
Cold iron you do know Stan is a junk shotgun X'spurt.

Ask him about his Yiltzis.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 11:46 AM
Agreed. I said from the start that AKUS made them both. By your line of reasoning one could also say that SKB makes Dickinsons.

One last time. Will you please show why you said Dickinson makes SKBs, or recant it? What's so hard about this?

Stan are you the judge and the jury now ?

Myself I think you have just about lOst it.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Myself I think you have just about lOst it.

Internally conflicted. Can’t decide whether he wants to be Moses (let me lead you to the Promised Land)
or Mao Tse-Tung (Revolution! Revolution!)

Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:11 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:17 PM
Here you go, Stan…

Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/02/21 01:48 PM
Copycat

🙀
Posted By: bls Re: Dickinson SXS availability ? - 09/03/21 03:18 AM
personally, I've been drooling over this 28ga 30" Dickinson at my local shop...(not my gun)
https://secure.arnzenarms.com/produ...s-ejectors-english-straight-stock-double

However, I'd really rather save my money for a Dickson...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com