doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JBLondon Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 07:24 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/904732950

Interesting in the sense that it's a scam. Anyone recognize the seller?
This guy lifted my photos from an ad I'm running in Canada, copy/pasted most of the description, and lowered the price.
I'm spitting mad! Reported the fraud to their support email but no reply so far.
Is this a common occurrence on that site?
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 07:32 PM
Most Likely- only deal directly- easier from one State to Another in the USA (excepting: CO, CA, Il, NY and MS) than trying to sell something for Canada to a USA address- nice looking Atkin indeed, but at least you spotted the scam and posted a warning- Takes cojones grande hechan de laton to pull a scam of this magnitude. El Zorro
Posted By: Carl46 Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 08:08 PM
The sale has ended without bid, so I guess Gunbroker squelched it. Nice gun, thanks for the warning.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 08:19 PM
What a beautiful gun! I can't imagine bidding thousands of dollars on an seller with no feedback though. Glad no one was taken in by the ruse.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 10:28 PM
What is "sympathetic restoration." ?
Posted By: SKB Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/26/21 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Recoil Rob

Not tarted up. Wood re-oiled but not over sanded, reblued in a factory manner. Another way of saying a gun has had proper but mild restoration work done.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/27/21 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by Recoil Rob

Not tarted up. Wood re-oiled but not over sanded, reblued in a factory manner. Another way of saying a gun has had proper but mild restoration work done.

Steve, could you not also say that it's what the British have historically done for their fine guns as a part of proper maintenance?
Posted By: SKB Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/27/21 11:07 AM
You sure could Stan.
Steve
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/27/21 12:01 PM
Probably one where the restorer was/is a fan of classical music- played any or all of these great pieces while in the workshop with this ??? fine Atkin on his bench: Air in D by Bach, Patique by Beethoven, and if the gent doing the restoration?-- happened to be Jewish, then Bach's "Goldberg Variations" and played by the late Vlad Horowitz.. That's just my SWAG here- when I'm working in my "man cave" cleaning firearms, I usually listed to: Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, Pink Floyd and Journey- eclectic? whom can say?? RWTF
Posted By: mc Re: Interesting gun on GunBroker - 08/27/21 01:39 PM
Naw,Jimi Hendrix or some Peter green blastin
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com