doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: liverwort Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/10/21 10:41 PM
I deleted the listings so I'll do my best to describe what I saw. Single seller NR rating 3 guns. A Beretta 686 Silver pigeon 1 28ga, 28", Factory new" with a Graco type adjustable stock, not fitted well. A browning Citori very high-grade with game scene relief engraving, gold inlaid elk, a two-barrel set shotgun/rifle 20ga/3006, and a Browning sporting clays 20ga (?) 725? The Beretta had a Buy Now of $2300 "no reserve" and went for $905. The other two guns were ended with "reserve not met" but I'm pretty sure they originally didn't have reserves. So what do you think? Was this a group of scam adds GB shut down or did the seller get burned on the Beretta and bailout on the others? Does GB allow sellers to get out if they error? All of the guns had bids.
Posted By: ed good Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/10/21 11:39 PM
are the mets still having ah winnin season?

watt bout dem bronx bums? how day doin?
Posted By: GLS Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 11:38 AM
Less sophisticated scammers use old photos that can often be found by searching the "properties" of the photo. Some sellers reserve the right to remove items for sale if sold first at their brick and mortar store. Gil
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 12:07 PM
I see you are somewhat of a baseball fan, Eddie. here's 2 baseball trivia ?? for you, test your knowledge of "America's pasttime: (1) Dem Bums- back at Ebbetts Field- How did the Dodgers get their name? (2) My Stae- the Tigers first stadium (Navin Field) was located in a section of Motown known as Corktown. where did that come from? Wanna give it a shot?? RWTF
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 12:44 PM
A guy comes onto this double gun forum and asks a legit question, and Ed Good and Run With The Fox(whatever that means) take a dump on it with some asinine off-topic sports subject wanting attention. Rude and worthless.
JR
Posted By: mc Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 01:18 PM
Unless the gunbroker add is edds.and it is an idiotic way of changing the subject
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 02:03 PM
Beware of any seller with no rating. Buyer as well if you are the seller but the seller can hold the gun until he gets his money. The seller has to send money, wait and hope the seller has been honest and that the gun arrives in good condition. If the listing disappeared many times you can assume that is a person you don’t want to do business with. Past that it’s all speculation. If you see a gun listed and have interest get a contact number and do your research first.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
Beware of any seller with no rating. Buyer as well if you are the seller but the seller can hold the gun until he gets his money. The seller has to send money, wait and hope the seller has been honest and that the gun arrives in good condition.

"The BUYER has to send money, wait and hope..."
JR
Posted By: liverwort Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 03:27 PM
Thank you to all who offered help and educated advice. A friend w/o the internet asked me to try and find him a 28ga Beretta and that got me to the postings. I don't deal much with the auction site but I find it educational and a bit entertaining. I actually thought of one poster here as a possible source of knowledge as I know he uses GB but I don't know what I was thinking. The appearance of the "reserve not met" when there were originally no reserves got me to wonder how liberal GB was with sellers. I did get some helpful educated opinions here so thanks very much!
Posted By: ed good Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 04:25 PM
liver: still tryin to figure out watt the ell you are tryin to say here... next time, try axin yo questions in a clear concise manor...less words are better...an watt goes on on gb aint none of our bid ness on dis fine forum...better yet, take it up wid gb customer service...

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000711653-Live-Chat-Support
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 04:37 PM
Gunbroker is a seller friendly auction. Buyer problems are not well addressed. So I do not find it impossible to see a listing altered or withdrawn if the seller wants to do it. It is buyer beware and do your homework.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 05:40 PM
Actually there is no mechanism I could find to shut a GB auction down once there's bid. I tried to email them to do it, typically, no response.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 08:53 PM
So, John- you are NOT either a baseball nor a sports trivia fan I take it. FYI- the "run with the Fox" has nothing to do with A>H> Fox shotty guns, it's a private joke from my USMC days-- we had some special nicknames for our USMC buddies-- "The Tennessee Turtle Tracker", well, you and I didn't serve together, so why go on? But baseball-that's one of the things that made America great, when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn, The Yankees in the Bronx, and Joltin'Joe was bangin' Marilyn Monroe--RWTF
Posted By: topgun Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 08:57 PM
"Vintage, turn-of-the-century shotgun. It has a 28” Damascus-steel barrel. ‘Syracuse Arms Company, Syracuse, New York’ stamped on the top of the left barrel, and ‘New Twist’ stamped on top of the right barrel. The number 1 stamped on the gun barrel indicates grade. 1s were a lightweight model and produced prior to 1897. Gun production likely ceased altogether around 1905. ‘24722’ is shown on the trigger guard strap and beneath the detachable forearm. All original parts. See photos for detail and proof markings."

As is demonstrated by this current dealer posting for a humble low grade example of the Syracuse Arms double gun; if you're a GB buyer you'd be wise to do your homework in advance of any purchase; and if you're a seller the gun should be represented honestly. As regards the above gun I assumed the seller didn't know any better, so I sent him a private mail several days ago to inform him as to the accurate description of his gun; which as of just now has not been changed, so this dealer clearly doesn't care. This gun is clearly marked as a Grade O gun and is not a Grade 1 as alleged. No one knows exactly what the "1" stamp on the barrel tubes denote; but that stamp most likely denotes a frame size or barrel weight. This gun was not produced prior to 1897 as alleged; its serial number and production features dates this gun to 1902/03 production. And its promotion as "all original parts" is also incorrect as Syracuse never placed caps over round knob grips. This cap looks like it came from a Syracuse era Lefever; is crudely fitted and looks totally out of place. It's a pity that whoever winds up with this Syracuse will be getting something other than what he was thinking he'd purchased, especially AFTER the dealer was notified what he should do to correct his listing.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
So, John- you are NOT either a baseball nor a sports trivia fan I take it. FYI- the "run with the Fox" has nothing to do with A>H> Fox shotty guns, it's a private joke from my USMC days-- we had some special nicknames for our USMC buddies-- "The Tennessee Turtle Tracker", well, you and I didn't serve together, so why go on? But baseball-that's one of the things that made America great, when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn, The Yankees in the Bronx, and Joltin'Joe was bangin' Marilyn Monroe--RWTF

I get all that. But why follow Ed's stupid look-at-me off-topic remark about baseball and insert it into Liverwort's thread seeking input about Gunbroker?
You've still got some legitimacy here, unlike Ed, so why tarnish it?
JR
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/11/21 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by John Roberts
JR

https://images.app.goo.gl/Kvbo2HMRAtLGLm5S9

… we had some special nicknames for our USMC buddies-- "The Tennessee Turtle Tracker"…

One of my best Marine buddies was from Lebanon, TN. Never called him by his name, just hillbilly.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jP7hCFAGutEZhVLM6
Posted By: Carl46 Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 12:44 AM
[quote=lonesome roads]

One of my best Marine buddies was from Lebanon, TN. Never called him by his name, just hillbilly.

Sounds like a Hank Jr. song.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 12:51 AM
Both of us are fans.

Still one of the best concerts I ever went to. David Allen Coe opened for him at UNC-Willmington.

Posted By: ed good Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 02:03 AM
yawn...
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by ed good
yawn...

ed, check out the pattern efficiency thread.

Crickey.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 05:19 AM
It's about as useful as the lighting thread or lead #9 thread or teets on a bOre hawg.

How many times can you rehash hash before it becomes trash?
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 12:00 PM
Teats, HoJo. Unless you Vol State lads usually spell it TEETS_ RWTF
Posted By: topgun Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/12/21 01:51 PM
The correct spelling and pronunciation here in the South Brother Runz is "Tits".
Posted By: CJF Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/14/21 02:41 PM
I looked in completed gunbroker auctions (you have to sign in to look at completed ones) and I couldn't find either the Beretta or the browning Citori. As a seller you can't end an auction with bids. You can if you are selling with a reserve and the bids are still under the reserve.

When I've reported fraudulent listing to GB they are terrible about acting on them quickly.

Your best bet if you want to know what happened with these is to look in your internet browser history to find the listing and see if you see any feedback now for the seller.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by John Roberts

I get all that. But why follow Ed's stupid look-at-me off-topic remark about baseball and insert it into Liverwort's thread seeking input about Gunbroker?
JR

What John is is a troubled man he finds hate and vitriol in any type of humor unless his....

Fox it's a sad thing to go through life just laughing at your own humor.

I think that runs on the Robert's side of my family....bitter taste for life after the Cival War I suspect.

Lighten up cOusin John Roberts the war is over.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 11:04 AM
Gunbroker tip....

I have a feedback rating on Gunbroker and have never had any issues buying or selling on there.

They're are two more sites I've bought guns off of...GunsAmerica and Gunsinternational.

Never had the first issue with any Gun I sold or purchased except with a few missed descriptions that cost me time and trouble and the cost of return shipping. Believe it or not there are some people that think once you went through the trouble of buying something you'll keep it if the fault is not too bad some hope you'll miss the issure and go past the 3 day inspection.

Key is never leave the gun shop/FFL you had it mailed to and never fill out any paper work until you have looked her over good....

Communication is another key.....ask lots of questions if they don't have answers you will have to be the judge of why.
Ask the right questions and if you can talk to them over the phone with the gun in their hands.

I have the uncanny ability of being able to read people....that helps.

Anyone need their palm read ?

What sAy John Roberts
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
I think that runs on the Robert's side of my family....bitter taste for life after the Cival Wat I suspect.

Lighten up cOusin John Roberts the war is over.

Good advice, jOe.

There’s a gun slingin’, hydro-shockin’, fast boat drivin’ wanna-be revolutionary somwers in Jawja that should listen to you.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 01:11 PM
You left out switch blade toting and Bible thumping..
Posted By: Mills Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 02:20 PM
After a few too many clear scams on Gunbroker earlier this year, I avoid it for the most part and have not bought anything there this year. If I get interested on anything online, it will be from a known seller
Posted By: ed good Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/16/21 09:55 PM
been buyin an sellin on gb since 2001...

most of the crooked sellers weeded out years ago...

new deadbeat buyers still appear from time to time...

check feedback. proceed accordingly...

ask others to treat you as you would treat them. if they refuse, walk away...

gb is one of the two best places to do gun bidness, gi bein de udder...
Posted By: PawleysJim Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/17/21 10:32 PM
About a month ago I had an interest in a gun on GB. Turns out it was a scam. Contacted GB Security and got the auto response, "thanks, we'll get back to you within...' Next communique was "resolved". The seller and 3 other guns showing the same pictures where nowhere to be found.

If there is a sketchy feel to the transaction...it is!
Posted By: ed good Re: Occurrence on GunBroker?? - 08/18/21 01:13 PM
if in doubt, ask seller if he will accept use of escrow service to hold funds until released by you...

crooks usually dont respond...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com