doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: HomelessjOe Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 12:24 PM
Georgia dove season is just a few weeks away.

It was great to see Stanford Hillis invite one of our fellow comrades on a once in a life time dove hunt.

I'd like to donate $25 bucks towards Foxes airline ticket.

Fox have you been in the phone with Stanford and worked out the details....is he going to put you up at his house or are you staying at a local motel ?

Is he picking you up at the airport or are you going to have to rent a car ?

I could raise my donation to $75 bucks if need be.....
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 01:03 PM
I haven’t been following this, so I don’t know if it’s a joke or not.

But if the fox needs some support to have a once in a lifetime experience shooting doves with Stan, I’ll contribute.

Set up a place to send a check.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 01:14 PM
I’ll match whatever jOe puts up.

When you’re checking into the hotel, Fox, just keep walking.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper

But if the fox needs some support to have a once in a lifetime experience shooting doves with Stan, I’ll contribute.

No jOke on my part....I hope Stanford wasn't making joke when he invited Fox.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 02:44 PM
Not a very good joke I don't think. Embarrassing to Foxy and Stan both I would think. jOe's idea of great fun, I guess. This would be a good thread to make disappear...Geo
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper

No jOke on my part....I hope Stanford wasn't making joke when he invited Fox.

They ought to put together a dove shoot for real and have a ball, just to spite you.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 03:00 PM
Well Dave, I'm pretty sure it's time to give ol' HoJoE the boot from this site. These threads and posts of his taking a dump on us need to be eliminated. Especially his vendetta of harassing Stan Hillis. Thanks for listening.
JR
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
…This would be a good thread to make disappear...Geo

Probably for the best, Geo.

Before craigd starts that hockey countdown again.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 03:17 PM
Not a very good joke I don't think. Embarrassing to Foxy and Stan both I would think. jOe's idea of great fun, I guess. This would be a good thread to make disappear...Geo

George I guess you missed the post where Stanford invited Fox...or maybe you're just jealous you didn't get an invite.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 03:19 PM
You need to get over yourself John Roberts....

Put up/donate or shut up.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 03:46 PM

George I guess you missed the post where Stanford invited Fox...or maybe you're just jealous you didn't get an invite.

Easy to miss something that didn't happen...Geo
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 04:30 PM
My favorite current movie-- Tommy Lee Jones as the old-time Sheriff- although it is hard to imagine being a sworn law enforcement officer in Texas and not being armed-- "If ain't the real mess, it'll have to do until the real one comes along" Of course I related to the central character, played by Jeff Brolin?? He was a welder by trade, happened upon a drug transaction gone South, and packed off a satchel with a transponder stashed inside-- ?? He bought a 12 gauge pumpgun and some buckshot loads in his escape plans- then went to a motel, and hacksawed the barrel down to riot gun configuration- but somehow amputated the buttstock at the rear of the grip-looked like a Winchetser 1200 to me- but how did the cut off and re-set the steel thru bolt that runs from the stock cavaity to the rear threaded steel receiver lug--?? Just being observant is all. RWTF
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 04:35 PM
A great movie, eh, Fox.

I related mostly to the kids on the bikes after Sugar got T-boned at the intersection.

Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 04:37 PM
I bought a used but in 85% condition Foxy Sterly 20 bore about 10 years ago, in hopes that MI would be getting a dove season soon- didn't happen, most likely never will in my lifetime. Would love to use it on doves, quail and smallish ducks down in Dixie- but with covid 19 etc. affecting airline travel, and my phobia about being packed in with strangers in CQC on some @#$$%^airplane- not probably gonna happen, but I appreciate the Southern Hospitality. I'll ask Mae to make up Jim Dandy instant grits for supper tonight- doing "shrimp on the Barbie" for supper tonight. RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 04:54 PM
foxie need two ticket, round trip...

ah match you dolla fur dolla jOe...

cum on guys lets make dis appen...

so dees two malcontents have sum joy in der unhappy existences...
Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:07 PM
an jOe, speakin uv malcontents, watt eva appen to the duello you were supposed to ave wid ?...

ah forgot...witch one o dees jokers here wuz hit here dat issued you duh challenge here...
Posted By: Buzz Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:07 PM
You could always drive it Fox if afraid re Covid and air travel. I live in IN and drive straight through to FL passing through GA. It’s not that bad of a drive and you would see some neat country.
Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:11 PM
jes don go anywares near ludowici on 301 north of jessup...um um...don go der boy...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
an jOe, speakin uv malcontents, watt eva appen to the duello you were supposed to ave wid ?...

ah forgot...witch one o dees jokers here wuz hit here dat issued you duh challenge here...

Stanton made the shootout challenge then he was a no show Ed....
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:30 PM

Here ya go George.

I think we should take up a collection and get Fox an airline ticket to your dove hunt.

Stanfords reply

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Knock yourself out (so to speak wink ).

This was posted in Stanton's Dove count down....so here we are.
Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:42 PM
jOe...good job stan no show...hit wooda ben messy ah spect...doubt if eider of youse wooda walked ah way clean...so to speak...
Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 05:47 PM
dollas fur foxie an mae...

cum on boys...pony up...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 06:10 PM

Here ya go George.

I think we should take up a collection and get Fox an airline ticket to your dove hunt.

Stanfords reply

What do you make of it George...sounds like an invite to me.
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 06:32 PM
[quote=Geo. Newbern]Not a very good joke I don't think. Embarrassing to Foxy and Stan both I would think. jOe's idea of great fun, I guess. This would be a good thread to make disappear...Geo

Here ya go George.

Stanfords reply

What do you make of it George...sounds like an invite to me.[/quote]

Quite a stretch to call that an invite
More of a dismissal of your idea.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tom Findrick
[quote=HomelessjOe][quote=Geo. Newbern]Not a very good joke I don't think. Embarrassing to Foxy and Stan both I would think. jOe's idea of great fun, I guess. This would be a good thread to make disappear...Geo

Here ya go George.

Stanfords reply

What do you make of it George...sounds like an invite to me.[/quote]

Quite a stretch to call that an invite
More of a dismissal of your idea.[/quote]

It was an implicit invite. And jOe better be careful. Geo was a lawyer and I bet he can twist this all around so that jOe ends up in jail in Ludowici. He’ll be eating hot boloney, eggs and gravy twice a day for a month.

Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 07:08 PM

Stanfords reply

This was posted in Stanton's Dove count down....so here we are.[/quote]

It was an implicit invite. And jOe better be careful. Geo was a lawyer and I bet he can twist this all around so that jOe ends up in jail in Ludowici. He’ll be eating hot boloney, eggs and gravy twice a day for a month.

HoJoe suggested a collection and was invited to piss up a rope.
That’s the only invite I see inferred.

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 08:31 PM
I see you edited your post for clarity.

Did you mean inferred or implied?

Piss up a rope. I like that. Put your words up here for everyone to read…

Posted By: ed good Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 08:51 PM
don git lost in duh details boys...

are we sendin foxie an duh mrs to jawja or not?
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by lonesome roads

I removed some spaced empty lines so you wouldn’t have to remove your finger from your nose longer than necessary to follow along.
Remember; you asked.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 10:49 PM

I removed some spaced empty lines so you wouldn’t have to remove your finger from your nose longer than necessary to follow along.
Remember; you asked.

Try pulling your head out of yer arse long enough and answer the fookin’ question, laddie.

Posted By: Buzz Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 10:55 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Fox fixed Stan up with a nice 32” LC Smith some time back. I’m sure Stan is thankful and wouldn’t give a second thought to offering such a guy who lives in a state where dove hunting is forbidden, a chance to hunt. In fact, I thought that offer had already been made until I read all the negative statements about a supposed offer. Well, at any rate, if there is such an offer, I would like to make a contribution to see it happen. Fox has mentioned numerous times how much he would like to hunt doves, esp in southern style, and with that in mind, I’d like to see it happen.
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 11:18 PM

Remember; you asked.

Try pulling your head out of yer arse long enough and answer the fookin’ question, laddie.

You Detroit people talk funny.
I’ll have to consult my urban dictionary.
And “implied” or “inferred” are both appropriate in the form used, if that answers your obsessively burning “question”.
I once worked with a guy who got worked into a lather about “questions” like that. He was diagnosed soon after.
Posted By: Tom Findrick Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/06/21 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Buzz
I could be wrong, but I think Fox fixed Stan up with a nice 32” LC Smith some time back. I’m sure Stan is thankful and wouldn’t give a second thought to offering such a guy who lives in a state where dove hunting is forbidden, a chance to hunt. In fact, I thought that offer had already been made until I read all the negative statements about a supposed offer. Well, at any rate, if there is such an offer, I would like to make a contribution to see it happen. Fox has mentioned numerous times how much he would like to hunt doves, esp in southern style, and with that in mind, I’d like to see it happen.

Absolutely.
I suggested in an earlier post that they should get together for a dove shoot and have a ball with it. Michigan’s lack of a dove season is a great reason to go under any circumstances; dove shooting, like quail hunting over Pointers, provides a great opportunity for fellowship as well as sport.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/07/21 12:20 AM
I have invited numerous folks from this board and another, over the years, to shoot doves with me. Some have already been able to come, some are waiting until it is opportune, some may never be able to. Those who have come have enjoyed themselves, I think. All have been appreciative of the opportunity. Who has been invited is not a topic for public discussion, by me anyway. I have been shown kindnesses by members here so many times that I have lost count. I have tried to reciprocate, and try to just pay it forward when I can't.

Those miserable peOple who constantly try to steal joy from those of us who have it are struggling in vain. Their misery takes nothing away from the joy I have at being alive, happy, and sharing it with others. I guess they just want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/07/21 12:35 AM
Those miserable peOple who constantly try to steal joy from those of us who have it are struggling in vain. Their misery takes nothing away from the joy I have at being alive, happy, and sharing it with others. I guess they just want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

What are you implying?

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/07/21 01:05 AM
He lost me....Stan might be skeerd Fox will out shoot his foe'tin with his model 12.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/07/21 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Buzz
Fox has mentioned numerous times how much he would like to hunt doves, esp in southern style, and with that in mind, I’d like to see it happen.

Stan said "go for it" I thought he was serious about Fox coming.

Maybe he was joking....

Heck of a joke to pull Stanley
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/07/21 09:04 PM
You are correct- April 2019 Stan and I finished the deal on a 12 ga. 3E fully optioned L.C. Smith-He wanted the 32" F&F barrels, which were added later, matched to the frame at the factory. I dated it by 2 known Smithian factors or benchmarks-- The Smith ventilated rib was offered as an option sometime in the late 1920's- after Gifford Simmonds (Simmonds Saw Co.) had bought the struggling gun works from the Hunter Boys-- and it also had a factory beavertail with the later mid-1930's forearm release escutcheon, formerly the "banjo" shaped, changed to a rectangular shape, perhaps as a cost cutting move.. It was the smoothest deal, handled by Bachelder here in MI, since about 12 years ago, when my pal Brad was still with us, and I had him sell the 2 grade 6 12 bore Parker guns my grandfather willed to me.

I don't want to steal Stan's thunder here, or anywhere else, but fro my end, it was the smoothest gun transaction I have participated in-whoops, grammar time-better make that "the smoothest gun transaction in which I have ever been a part of" whew!! Stan is a first class Southern gent'man, and if it ever did work out, I would look forward to it like a boy at Christmas, hoping Santa brought him a Lionel train set.RWTF
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/08/21 12:58 AM
I tried Fox.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/08/21 02:45 AM
Well, Foxy, I haven't been following this series of threads, so did you get an invitation from my friend, Stan, or not? If so, are you taking him up on it? 9-1 is right on top of us.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/08/21 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by eightbore
Well, Foxy, I haven't been following this series of threads, so did you get an invitation from my friend, Stan, or not? If so, are you taking him up on it? 9-1 is right on top of us.

Checked my pm’s. Just the usual hate mail.

(bit of poetry that was on the stall at a truck stop in Oklahoma)
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/08/21 12:52 PM
Eddie- interesting thought- but I'll pass on the "invite" to miss a few doves in DeepDixie, this year. why don't you consider taking your "donation to de cause there" and do something really worthwhile, like donating it to the Saint Jude's Children's Hospital, right in Memphis, say- that's HoJo's home State isn't it?"" RWTF
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 07:02 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Fox you might not have liked it....
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 09:02 PM
"People who write on shithouse walls- should roll their turds into tiny balls- and those that read those words of wit-should eat those little balls of shit__"" Turds took on a new meaning for me at MCRD San Diego- military term, meaning: Trainees Undergoing Recruit Discipline. RWTF
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 09:37 PM
Good lord, have we really been reduced to this?
JR
Posted By: Carl46 Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 10:53 PM
This was a pretty sophisticated place when I was here several years ago. Now, I read the poster's name before deciding whether to read the post.
Posted By: keith Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Good lord, have we really been reduced to this?
JR

John, are you really going to act all indignant because RWTF, an elderly U.S. Combat veteran made an amusing reference to turds???

Surely you must have noticed that Queen Stevie SKB and his buddy cryin' Bob Cash have made numerous posts referencing poop, turds, and shit eating over the last couple weeks. Here's a couple to refresh your memory:

Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by LeFusil
7 flats of hunting shells? Like in 1750 shells? I don’t know where you’re hunting, but for most, that’s a lifetime supply, maybe two lifetimes. :-) If a guy shot 100 upland game birds a year (not counting doves), well that 7 flats should last about 17 years. Maybe a Valley quail hunter who gets a 10 bird limit every trip or an Alaskan shooting Ptarmigan off the Dalton Hwy where the limit is 20 or 50 per day. You get the idea, I think you’re set for a good while.
If you’re an occasional waterfowler, bismuth makes sense, if you’re a hardcore waterfowler who puts months on the water & field…plus throw in being a broke & humble civil servant, you gotta shoot Steel. No other economical choice.
Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

He's full of it....

frAnk...maybe you should stick to topics to know something about, like playing with your own excrement.

Originally Posted by SKB
Those old looking cases prove my point....why don't you sell them to someone that shoots.

Besides that ammo looks a little on the stout side for your old H&H beater gun.

A couple boxes of shells would supply you for a couple of years...

You should stick to playing with your poop.

Cryin' Bob Cash's references to turds and poop were in a now Deleted Thread, and they were also directed at jOe, so perhaps that makes it OK since you don't really like him.

I thought it was amusing that Cryin' Bob and Queen Stevie both gave each other "Likes" for engaging in more of their name-calling and poop slinging. I felt that was typically hypocritical since both of them have fed Dave absolute BULLSHIT about how much they appreciate his recent "Moderation" and censorship. They are fine with "moderation" so long as it doesn't silence their own name-calling and rule breaking.

Really it's hard to believe that Dave doesn't recall all of the Posts and Threads he had to delete or lock over the past couple years that were chock full of name-calling, personal attacks, disruptions, and even gutless internet doxxing, that was repeatedly posted by Queen Stevie SKB and Cryin' Bob Cash. It doesn't take a lot of searching to find plenty of examples that were not deleted. But meanwhile, the Double Standard continues here. I do wish Dave would consider my advice to start accepting paid advertising to fund the operation of this forum, like the Indiana Gun Owners Forum. INGO advertising is a very minor and tolerable distraction, and it is certainly better than pandering to a group of lying Libtards who use their infrequent little donations as a tool to silence their Conservative Republican enemies.

I wish Dave would spend a little time over on INGO, so he could see the amount of site traffic and the number of posts and threads generated weekly on this small regional gun forum. And he could see the real truth about gun forums and 2nd Amendment and Political Topics, and see that they certainly do not chase people away. The fact is that the Libtard Democrats simply do not want attention brought to their support of the Democrat Party that is doing all it can to take away our Gun Rights.

But apparently none of the poop slinging, name-calling, and rule breaking matters John, when it is done by the likes of Queen Stevie and Cryin' Bob Cash. And you will probably never see this post, even though it is 100% factual, and the QUOTES I provided are verbatim and unedited. For some odd and mysterious reason Dave seems reluctant to post the truth, and he does nothing more to the Libtard Liars who have fed him so much bullshit than to delete their posts or lock a thread. Our Libtards really hated me using the QUOTE function here, because that made it so easy to prove how dishonest they are, and who was telling the truth. Now they have "Moderation" and Censorship to silence me.

Now they have Dave on their side, covering up the very behavior that they all pretended was so bad that it was allegedly driving people away. And the fact that Dave is protecting and excusing that misbehavior from a couple well known Trump-hating Libtards is one of those things that makes you say, "Hmmmmm? What is really going on here???"
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 11:22 PM
For the first time in nearly 20 years on this board I have begun to use the ignore feature. Buddies that are much smarter than I advised me to do that long ago, but I thought I knew better.

"Don't feed the trolls" is good advice. I've finally listened.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/15/21 11:51 PM
Stan you are the one that invited Fox then renigged.... ignoring that fact won't make it go away.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Fox in Sanfords hen hOuse... - 08/16/21 12:01 AM
Stan you are the one that invited Fox then renigged.... ignoring that fact won't make it go away.

I figured it was Canadian. They’re pretty weird.
They invented hockey after all.