doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ellenbr ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:14 AM
I know there are a few crossover folks that post here. But has the forum on ShotgunWorld changed? Seems that the threads I generally watch are somewhere else?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:32 AM
Looks the same to me just slow posting
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:35 AM
Thanks for the response.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: FelixD Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:52 AM
The only change is the forum has grown duller than ever before. It looks as if anyone with real knowledge is often berated by some "shotgun expert" who's knowledge is limited to new pumps and autos or to whatever company gave him a free trip to their factory. It has really lost a lot of shine over the last few years.
Posted By: ed good Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 01:03 AM
much more fun here...lickin frozen flag poles...

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...-if-it-really-works-says-actor-1.4931724
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 11:49 AM
Where in NH do you find them frozen flag poles in July, Edward?
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 11:57 AM
My Board Index completely changed.
You can still access the General forum here
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=2
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:07 PM
Mine too.....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 12:17 PM
But the typical form where I viewed seems to be hidden in some manner??

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=5

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Researcher Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 01:41 PM
It appears to me that about the first three or four forums including the "Shotgun ID and Value" that I usually look at are gone.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 02:08 PM
The reloading subform is also gone.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 03:22 PM
I just logged in and found them all at the bottom of the page
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 03:24 PM
For some reason waterfowl hunting is down there too
Posted By: gunut Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 03:36 PM
no reason for them to shuffle the deck like that....bet they have been hacked....
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 07/28/21 08:58 PM
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/vi...amp;sid=2745d1e1247d40b25aae67d623110a1c

Software update. Keep scrolling he says....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/06/21 01:09 PM
Um, has anyone attempted to navigate thru the >>New<< Shotgunworld format? Seems you have to click on the form tab in the right upper corner near the >>Login / Join<< tab of the 1st page?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: KDGJ Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/06/21 01:30 PM
Yes and it takes some getting used to. I don't understand why they wanted to make you select the full forum. It should be displayed first. Also, the thumbnail posts on the forum overview page don't provide as much information as before. Just minor things to get use to with the new software.

Ken
Posted By: AZMike Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/09/21 11:13 PM
Anyone that enjoys TS.com will surely be at home with the new Shotgunworld forum---AND you can put up photos very easy!
Posted By: ed good Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/10/21 07:39 PM
maybe if more of youse guys anteed up an kicked in more often, maybe dave would rent some storage cabinets to file pictures...in...
Posted By: keith Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by ed good
maybe if more of youse guys anteed up an kicked in more often, maybe dave would rent some storage cabinets to file pictures...in...

Ed, it takes all of 15 seconds to post an image here if it is already stored on your PC. It doesn't require storing your photos on an image hosting site, and the process couldn't be much easier than it is right now. Posting a photo directly from my phone is s little more tedious, and might take a minute or two..

Dave would be nuts to make a change to store or host images here. With all of the whiners and crybabies we have, if anything ever happened to cause the loss of those images, he and we would never hear the end of it.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by keith

Ed, it takes all of 15 seconds to post an image here if it is already stored on your PC. It doesn't require storing your photos on an image hosting site, and the process couldn't be much easier than it is right now. Posting a photo directly from my phone is s little more tedious, and might take a minute or two..

Dave would be nuts to make a change to store or host images here. With all of the whiners and crybabies we have, if anything ever happened to cause the loss of those images, he and we would never hear the end of it.

+ 1, well said.

Ed Good has a long history here of wanting someone else to do everything for him, for example, asking simple to answer questions that he could easily research himself, under the guise of "making doublegun conversation".
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 12:53 PM
Dont be jumping on Ed now he's old....least he ain't got the Goverment paying for planting his dove fields.
Posted By: ed good Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 01:09 PM
keith, last i heard we cannot copy images direct from our files to here...mine are on google cloud...can i now go direct from there to here?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 02:50 PM
Go to imgur....its free and simple.

I upload from my phone then post from my computer.
Posted By: keith Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/11/21 07:27 PM
keith, last i heard we cannot copy images direct from our files to here...mine are on google cloud...can i now go direct from there to here?

No Ed, you have to do as jOe said, and upload your image to a free photo hosting site. But you don't have to join or store your images there. Thus, there is no chance that your images will be lost if the site crashes, is hacked, or simply decides to hold your images unless you pay an exorbitant fee. As I said before, the process takes me about 15 seconds, and even less to add additional pics to the same post.
Posted By: ed good Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/12/21 01:59 PM
whine, whine, whine...

still an extra step...i wanna be able to transfer image files direct from google cloud to here...jes like i do on gi and gb...

whine, whine,whine...
Posted By: ed good Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/12/21 02:08 PM
and yes stan, i do want someone else to do everything for me...

a good manager of people should have nothing to do, except listen to the complaints of others...

so, tell us stan...watt else is buggin yah? that you are not doin ah better job out there...
Posted By: Salopian Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/13/21 12:33 PM
Shotgunworld forum is now as useful as a chocolate fire guard or perhaps even udders on a bull!
Posted By: ellenbr Re: ShotgunWorld Forum Change? - 09/13/21 04:30 PM
I must say, I am impressed with the colourful description / metaphor / simile.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com