doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 Father's Day - 06/20/21 05:35 PM
Sitting here on the deck, surrounded by my wife's bountiful flowers and herbs. The sun is shining but a cool breeze is keeping things comfy. Brunch is on it's way and I'm feeling very blessed. Hope all you fathers out there are being similarly honored!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: canvasback Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 05:58 PM
My son and my ex wife did what is a bit of a tradition they have created for me. They came and filled all my planters with flowering and other plants that are all over my back deck. 24 planters and pots at last count.

Now my son and I are going gun shopping.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 06:30 PM
James: That sounds like a good way to spend the day. I've also been given the gift of a few days to go flyfishing up in Wyoming. My cup runneth over...
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 08:12 PM
For a few years we, wife son and I, have gone to Nicollet Island in Minneapolis, to partake in the Blind Lizard Picnic. The Blind Lizard motorcycle club has one meeting a year, on Father’s Day. It is an unusual club in that there are few outlaw bikers who participate, and, collectible bicycles are welcome. We brought a 1941 Colson Scout, a 1969 Raleigh DL1 Roadster, and Mommas 5 Speed Robin Hood. Free brats if you are a dad, beer for sale. We passed on the food and left early.
If the family isn’t interested in participating, I can ride the FJ1200, but, I put 1K miles on it over the last two days, running to Lake Michigan with two other FJers.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

We stopped at a decent Mexican Restaurant, Saturday, for nachos and a beer before we had a hot ride back to Lomira, WI.

Even though we knew rain was coming, we went and had some fun today, looking at antique bikes and motorcycles.
Dinner out, last night, dinner at a friends home, tonight. Back to work, tomorrow.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend, as well.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 09:07 PM
Brunch with My father, his son, my son and his son. Mommies too.

Got these for F.D.

and will teach myself to BBQ this...

Cast Iron Pizza hot off the grill,
Happy Fathers Day to all!
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 10:31 PM
Where are the grits and shrimp??
Posted By: oskar Re: Father's Day - 06/20/21 10:58 PM
Spending the day home with my wife, the greatest gift today was rain, the first real rain since last year, the desert SW needed it badly and will need a lot more. Hope it was in time for the quail.

I never had children so Fathers Day hasn't been a big deal but with my second marriage I inherited a daughter and granddaughter and they treats me like a dad, I got a travel spinning rod for on my motorcycle in the mail yesterday, and they made me a T-shirt that says "Fishing is my Yoga" they have good taste in gifts.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Father's Day - 06/24/21 04:39 PM

My belated Father's Day gift...one of several.

Warm and windy, but a number of good fish landed. Crowded at times (God save me from lard-asses in drift boats!) but still productive. This fish was foul hooked on an anal fin and took me on a wild ride. No tape available but well-over 20-inches.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com