doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: liverwort Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 12:51 PM
12 gauge SXS 28-inch C/F "good condition. What reputation do they have as older guns? I know Miroku = Browning. Price is around $600. Thanks
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 01:34 PM
Probably a well-made gun. As I understand it, "My Luck" was made for domestic use and was not intended for export.
Posted By: Mark II Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 01:35 PM
They started out good quality. Some have been rode hard and put up wet. If it is tight and the bores are good, probably a decent deal.
Posted By: ChiefAmungum Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 01:59 PM
I've owned two, a very nice sidelock 20, Model F that needed to be restocked to fit. The other probably very similar to the gun you're considering. As stated if it's tight, not beat or pitted you're just OK if a 12, good price for a 20. They usually have chopper lump barrels and occasionally decent wood.
Posted By: gunut Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 03:05 PM
it has oil soaked wood....lever slightly left of center....light barrel exterior pitting....needs a clean up....I would ask of it still locks up tight.....
Posted By: liverwort Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/09/21 08:20 PM
Thank you all for the recommendations. I appreciate it!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/10/21 07:52 AM
A friend has a My Luck 32" 12 gauge in high condition. It is a wonderful gun, all blue and quite nice lookiing. I would own it if he were willing to part with it.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/11/21 02:04 PM
Nice guns. Best wishes if you jump on it.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/11/21 08:31 PM
I think My Luck was the original name for Miroku. Then they "Japanized" that to Miroku. Thus the My Luck guns are likely somewhat older . . . which doesn't mean they can't be good buys.
Posted By: NCTarheel Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/12/21 03:30 AM
Kawaguchiya was the first name used, then BC My Luck...and BC Miroku. All are good buys...especially the SxS sidelocks...Model F, Model FE and Model FE II.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/12/21 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by NCTarheel
Kawaguchiya was the first name used, then BC My Luck...and BC Miroku. All are good buys...especially the SxS sidelocks...Model F, Model FE and Model FE II.

Thanks for the correction. I temporarily forgot about Kawaguchiya. I think they wanted a name that would work in the States. Hence the name changes. If they'd stuck with Kawaguchiya, we'd probably be calling them "Kawas" today. Like Uggie for Ugartechea.
Posted By: NCTarheel Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/12/21 07:52 PM
Kawaguchiya Firearms is the parent company...BC Miroku Manufacturing now does the firearms manufacturing. I think after the relationship with Browning was established they finalized the brand name under the BC Miroku label.

Here is a Kawaguchiya Model F:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...f-12-gauge-exc-cond.cfm?gun_id=101668905
Posted By: eightbore Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/14/21 03:40 PM
KFC is the acronym. Regular or Extra Crispy.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? - 06/15/21 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by eightbore
A friend has a My Luck 32" 12 gauge in high condition. It is a wonderful gun, all blue and quite nice lookiing. I would own it if he were willing to part with it.

I'd like to see one of those. I've wished for a 32" BSS 12 gauge, for ducks and clays, for years. But, alas and alack, they were never made.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com