doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 11:08 AM
,,,,,,,,,,for your recent efforts to "clean up" this forum. It has been so much more civil in the past few weeks. It is much appreciated.

Stan
Posted By: SKB Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 11:30 AM
+1
Posted By: dogon Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 01:44 PM
Ditto!!!!!!!
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 02:01 PM
+2
Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 02:48 PM
+3
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 03:34 PM
+4
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 03:51 PM
Make that +5
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 03:52 PM
šŸ‘
Posted By: LGF Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 04:12 PM
Great improvement.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 04:15 PM
Amen!
JR
Posted By: Buzz Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 08:50 PM
Twitter and Facebook censor too, even the President of the United States, if thatā€™s what you are talking about, Stan.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 09:50 PM
Consider this payback, Buzz.
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 10:59 PM
No, that's not what I'm talking about at all, buzz. I'm talking about this forum. This forum. Not Facebook and not Twitter. Actually, I could care less about them.

I intended no implications whatsoever.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 11:25 PM
Aha Stanton, well if itā€™s any consolation for you, I know of at least one of the individuals who has been ā€˜cleanedā€™ actually was saddened when you drowned and was hopeful for your survival. So, there you go. Twitter and Facebook are run by a bunch of left wing loonies, and Iā€™m glad you pointed out this forum is not the same.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/06/21 11:38 PM
Rudeness and insults have a place and a time...but here on DGS it got out of hand with self-appointed "hall monitors" watching your posts like the NKVD political police and invading substantive lines every time a person they had a feud with posted anything. Readers fled the site...donors...long-tine members dried up. I don't know how many real adults with significant positions in the gun world as authors, collectors, owners told me they had abandoned DGS. A cleanup was long needed and certain people had to grow up too. The site has been retaken from the yobs. And by the way, censorship doesn't have anything to do with this....it's just following the rules of the site - just like one does on every other gun site that I know of. Thanks Dave.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by Buzz
Aha Stanton, well if itā€™s any consolation for you, I know of at least one of the individuals who has been ā€˜cleanedā€™ actually was saddened when you drowned and was hopeful for your survival. So, there you go. Twitter and Facebook are run by a bunch of left wing loonies, and Iā€™m glad you pointed out this forum is not the same.

I'm done with this back and forth, here. See your private messages, please..
Posted By: ed good Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 12:29 AM
yawn...
Posted By: Hal Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 03:04 AM
Count me in. Crusaders have many other forums at their disposal.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 04:16 AM
Cleaner, yes...like that old commercial,
Interesting, well, not so much......
Posted By: eightbore Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 01:32 PM
Some of us, active posters, don't know what is going on. Who are the guilty parties and how were they chastised?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 02:06 PM
I don't know what steps have been taken, but the result seems to be a better environment around here. Thank God political season is pretty much over for a while...Geo
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Thank God political season is pretty much over for a while...Geo

Iā€™ll boycott Georgia next week.
The Masters starts tomorrow.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Argo44
Rudeness and insults have a place and a time...but here on DGS it got out of hand with self-appointed "hall monitors" watching your posts like the NKVD political police and invading substantive lines every time a person they had a feud with posted anything. Readers fled the site...donors...long-tine members dried up. I don't know how many real adults with significant positions in the gun world as authors, collectors, owners told me they had abandoned DGS. A cleanup was long needed and certain people had to grow up too. The site has been retaken from the yobs. And by the way, censorship doesn't have anything to do with this....it's just following the rules of the site - just like one does on every other gun site that I know of. Thanks Dave.

Ironically, the NKVD monitor is not being moderated at all. The relative calm has been achieved by stifling opinion that the proprietor disagrees with.
Posted By: SKB Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by nca225
Originally Posted by Argo44

Ironically, the NKVD monitor is being moderated at all. The relative calm has been achieved by stifling opinion that the proprietor disagrees with.

I disagree in that members expressing opinions on both sides of the political spectrum have had posts moderated. I'm all for the clean up.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/07/21 10:36 PM
More than once I have considered leaving this forum but hung in there hoping for a change. Hopefully in time if this site remains civil many will rejoin us.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/08/21 11:56 AM
Definitely works best if it remains a "no politics" zone. Obviously, we're all here because we own, use, and enjoy guns. Enjoy discussing and learning about guns. There are other places for the other stuff.
Posted By: ed good Re: Thanks, Dave - 04/09/21 03:20 AM
discussing politics is fun, entertaining and educational...

too bad some here cannot refrain from personal attacks...

would like to see a return of the misfires forum, but without the personal attacks...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Thanks, Dave - 06/11/21 12:09 PM

I know you're not talking about me.
Posted By: SKB Re: Thanks, Dave - 06/14/21 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe

I know you're not talking about me.

Zero class, as usual.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com