doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gil russell FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/01/21 08:55 PM
I HAVE BEEN USING EASTERN INSURANCE FOR FIREARM INSURANCE, AND JUST IT'S ABOUT TIME TO RENEW. IS THAT STILL ONE OF THE BETTER CHOICES? I'VE NEVER HAD A CLAIM, THANKFULLY SO I DON'T HAVE MUCH TO COMPARE IT TO. FOR INSTANCE, IF ONE IS DAMAGED/LOST IN SHIPPING, I FIND IT AMBIGUOUS AS TO WHETHER IT IS COVERED.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/01/21 09:39 PM
It will be covered in any situation you can think of. Give them a call and ask for yourself.

I just renewed my Eastern Firearms Insurance policy two weeks ago.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/02/21 12:17 AM
I am with Safeco on their most expensive home insurance package. Guns at this level are covered at cents on a hundred, contents. I have better coverage at a savings of over $1000 a year over the best deal I could find befor.

bill
Posted By: dogon Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/02/21 01:46 PM
I just renewed my Eastern policy as well. I'm very happy with it other than it doesn't cover government confiscation of your guns.

I had an issue with a Parker that I bought off a gun broker auction. The gun was reported stolen six months after I had taken possession of the gun. A local cop showed up at my door with a court order from the state it was stolen from to recover the gun and send it back to that court system. Because it was a court order Eastern wouldn't cover the loss. If your state has a red flag law. The confiscation of your guns wouldn't be covered as well.

Just some food for thought.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/02/21 02:33 PM
Would Eastern cover a gun that you own, sold, shipped
and was lost, damaged or stolen during shipping?
Posted By: Hal Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/03/21 01:28 AM
Coverage on my guns and collectibles goes way down with theft.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/03/21 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Cash
Would Eastern cover a gun that you own, sold, shipped
and was lost, damaged or stolen during shipping?

My understanding of that particular scenario is that it is covered until it is signed for at the shipping destination.
Posted By: keith Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/03/21 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hal
Coverage on my guns and collectibles goes way down with theft.

Really??? What Insurance company does that? Why would a loss due to theft be any different than fire, flood, etc.?

Are you perhaps factoring in the deductible?
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/04/21 03:14 PM
So you like your insurance companies. Lets get some input from people who have had to file a claim. That is what really matters. Money flows to them, but what about in the other direction.

John Boyd
Posted By: SKB Re: FIREARM INSURANCE - 04/04/21 03:20 PM
These guys pay, I filed 3 huge claims with them due to damage during shipping and they could not have been better to work with. The amount they paid out was large enough that they would not re-new my policy(this was quite a few years ago) but pay they did.

https://corevensguninsurance.com/our-team
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com