doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Thruxton Auction at Stroud, UK - 03/29/21 06:23 PM
Just have a look at these estimates and weep. There seems to be little value attached to many of these guns, even as learning projects.

https://bid.stroudauctions.co.uk/auctions/7778/srstr10103?items=Gun&page=1&pageSize=60
Posted By: SKB Re: Auction at Stroud, UK - 03/29/21 06:47 PM
Hard saying what something brings at auction until the hammer falls. The last Holt's auction I was shocked at how high things went for. In the last couple of weeks I have done well at smaller auctions. I have a few items I am watching and will be bidding on at Stroud.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Auction at Stroud, UK - 03/29/21 07:12 PM
I wonder if some values are just low to encourage bidding but a friend if mine near there just gave me crap for “paying” too much for non ejector box lock. Even with shipping I was happy but he assured me they struggle to sell at any price right now. The market is weak on low grades but still decent for quality.
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Auction at Stroud, UK - 03/30/21 05:09 AM
Yes,non ejectors are giveaway guns now ,no demand at all .Quality does sell but the market is way down on any S/sides due to the impending loss of lead shot .
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Auction at Stroud, UK - 03/30/21 05:41 AM
Even quality can be had for a lot less than I expected. I saw a couple guns sell for less than 20K pounds which I was assured would cost, if made today, about 100K pounds. Wonder if double values will crash completely in three to four years? Loss of lead shot is going to be a killer. The younger shooter wanting O/U has already hurt them a lot.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com