doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Karl Graebner Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/28/21 11:21 PM
As a fellow Veteran, I wish to thank and remember those who served. Let us remember those still serving and who didn't return.
Karl

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/28/21 11:30 PM
Hear, hear. My sentiments too, Karl.

Make an effort to thank a Vietnam Vet for his/her service tomorrow. It's only too late to show appreciation if they die before you do so. Don't wait.

Stan
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/29/21 12:02 AM
Didn't realize there was a VN Veterans Day....I always gnash my teeth on 29 April....fall of Saigon 1975, overthrow of Da'ud Khan in Kabul in 1978. - crappy day!!

It's hard to believe I shipped out to Vietnam in July 1966.... 55 years ago. 55 years. Had someone mentioned 55 years in the past back in 1966 he'd be talking pre-WWI - (Reilly' was still in existence). But it was the best of times, worst of times...we tried...the leadership failed; that's life and it's history.

Jack and I at Kontum B-24 Memorial Day 1968. I was at MACV-SOG FOB-2 at the time - he was at Dak Pek (A-242) having just moved from Ben Het (A-244) (note the Jeh tribe necklace). (note Jack in the type 1 jungle fatigue - no rip-stop, epaulets, exposed buttons and me in type 2 jungle fatigues, rip-stop, epaulets, no exposed buttons).
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: Mark II Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/29/21 03:19 PM
Absent Comrades!
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/29/21 03:37 PM
At every American Legion meeting, we have a lone table, set and ready, for POW/MIAs, to honor and memorialize them. This is very important to those that have been to war and lost comrades, as it is always in their mind, " It could have been me". We must not forget-Ever.
Mike
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/29/21 04:53 PM
Lost friends.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com