doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John Roberts OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 05:02 PM
If anyone here runs up on one for sale, let me know please. Blued frame version only. I want to buy one for my son, Ross.
601-479-3163.Thanks guys.
JR
Posted By: skeettx Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 05:45 PM
Are you taking about these??

https://www.gunbroker.com/Single-Sh...=13&View=1&Ch-Caliber=20%20Gauge
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 05:54 PM
We have reached a point where a new, 20 gauge, exposed hammer, single shot costs $600?

When the hell did that happen? Doesn’t feel like I slept for 20 years.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 06:19 PM
Weren't the Henry singles recalled for failure of the hammer interrupters. That is feature common to most singles now days which blocks the hammer from striking the firing pin unless your finger is still on the trigger. What I've read indicates the Henry rifles and shotgun singles have a defect which prevents the system from reliably working...Geo
Posted By: John Roberts Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by skeettx

Yes, but I'm not interested in a bidding situation. Thusly, I shall wait...
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Weren't the Henry singles recalled for failure of the hammer interrupters. That is feature common to most singles now days which blocks the hammer from striking the firing pin unless your finger is still on the trigger. What I've read indicates the Henry rifles and shotgun singles have a defect which prevents the system from reliably working...Geo

https://www.henryusa.com/recall/
JR
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern

https://www.henryusa.com/recall/
JR

JR, I'm glad to see that Henry is offering the free upgrade. I don't see where it is limited to the original buyer, so I would certainly take advantage of it if I bought a used one.

I began my hunting with a Stevens model 94 Youth single .410. I was small and the hammer gave me some trouble. I can remember having the hammer slip once on the way back and the gun firing when a rabbit crossed the railroad track. For that reason I started my boys on hammerless single shots. That also served to introduce them to the mechanism of a sxs...Geo
Posted By: GLS Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 08:01 PM
Geo, I see you mentioned "rabbit". At some point it would be great if you would share your childhood rabbit hunting story with your two field trial beagles, Deacon's Dynamite and Upson Sport, that your grandfather gave you. The story is a great trip down memory lane. I'm sure you had a double and not a lever action .410 with you at the time so crossing the OT line wouldn't be that bad and the story is worth it. Gil
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/25/21 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by GLS
Geo, I see you mentioned "rabbit". At some point it would be great if you would share your childhood rabbit hunting story with your two field trial beagles, Deacon's Dynamite and Upson Sport, that your grandfather gave you. The story is a great trip down memory lane. I'm sure you had a double and not a lever action .410 with you at the time so crossing the OT line wouldn't be that bad and the story is worth it. Gil
Now this I would love to hear
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: OT-Henry single shot 20 ga. - 03/26/21 01:25 AM
Me too.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com