been included in the legislation. The good news for our members
is that the authors of the legislation have graciously included in the list of
firearms that aren't assault weapons -- H&H Royals, Westley Richards
with detachable locks and Boss guns.

Now for the perplexing element. The Rigby 401 sidelock is also identified
as a non-assault weapon. As I serve a Rigby's company historian, that
model didn't 'ring a bell' - so I put the question to our managing director
in London. His response - and I quote was "HAHAHA."

For those of you who fancy rifles - the Ruger Mini-14 is NOT an assault weapon.

What a great country!
Posted By: keith Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/17/21 08:33 PM
Whoa there Steve, we can't have the truth about anti-gun Democrat sponsored anti-gun legislation posted here. And hey...,Democrats promised to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens.

"Promises made---Promises kept!"

The truth is offensive to the gun owners who voted for Biden and other anti-gun Democrats, so the truth must therefore be "moderated" into oblivion. After all, we gotta appease those Libtards who are aiding and abetting the demise of our gun rights!
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/17/21 09:10 PM
Sleazy Joe and Kneepads Harris are going to start another civil war if they dont stop their madness. I would venture a guess that this one wont be civil either!!! But, it will likely be to the death!!!
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/17/21 10:19 PM
Here you go 125 pages of the finest bullshit Feinstein (long term hostess of Chinese spy) and the rest of the comrades can muster.

Read it...Don't be naïve our fine assault doubles, drillings and combination guns are on the list too...just not now.

Proposed Assault Ban 2021 by comrade Feinstein & the anti-constitutional Demo_rats.

This is a step on their ladder...Being true progressives the doubles are up around step 5 but they are on the block in 10 years unless this is kyboshed.

I would urge you to write or ping electronically your congress person and senator to vehemently oppose this soon to be active legislation.

Thank you.
Posted By: ed good Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 02:32 AM
laws are only as effective as the willingness of the people to obey them...

the failure of federal alcohol prohibition laws is an example of the people's willingness to ignore such laws...as is the failure of current unenforced federal marijawana prohibition laws...

hopefully, the senators will block passage of any new anti gun legislation, particularly those up for re election in 2022...

an dont count on the supreme court for help...when was the last time the supremes nullified a federal law?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 10:44 AM
I fail to see the good news. Any ban on any legally obtained firearm in America is a loss for all ........period. No ifs, ands or buts. What we have to defeat is the anti-gun movement's power, and not allow it to gain momentum. If they succeed in banning any type of now legal firearms that are in the hands of American citizens the snowball will have begun to roll downhill. It's always much easier to keep something from moving than it is to stop it once it does.

Work NOW! Don't be sorry later that you didn't. A defeat for them now will take some wind out of their sail.

Stan
Posted By: craigd Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by ed good
laws are only as effective as the willingness of the people to obey them...
What law, aren't we just seeing strategies to reduce the will to exercise a right. It is also looking like the tools are being put in place to criminalize and penalize those that have not been grandfathered in by birth date. What's going to happen if a twenty something year old shows up to a classic side by side fun shoot down the road, who couldn't have been eighteen years old in 2021 and has no record of having a background check. Let me guess, they'll take grandpa's Parker over to the RST booth and decide to go home because they didn't realize how high the taxes had gotten on ammo. Just kidding ed, why would RST bother to send more than a few flyers because of probable waiting periods to buy ammo.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 03:23 PM
"Pray for peace......prepare for war"
Posted By: lagopus Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 03:42 PM
Known as the 'Salami' method. One small slice at a time so you don't really notice. First one small thing and not many object because not many are involved; then another small cut and so on until it's all gone! Lagopus.….
Posted By: Replacement Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 03:58 PM
It's Kalifornia on a national level.
Posted By: ed good Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/18/21 05:03 PM
if you are a citizen of a state with one or two dim senators, like i am...lobby the hell out of them, by putting the fear of losing the 2022 election into their pandering souls...

other than that, what more can we do now? except hope for a miracle...
Posted By: Brian Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/19/21 04:13 PM
We all knew this was coming. We were told it was coming. I find it interesting that the usual Biden/Dem party supporters of this board are so far silent.
I know, they will chime in with “its only assault weapons” (whatever that means since there is no legal definition for semi automatic forearms) what’s the big deal. No one needs them anyway.
Or: they only want to register them. Not take them away.
Or : its only registration, not confiscation.
Or: you only need a psych exam, what’s the big deal?
Or: you only have to buy insurance, and from the government so that’s cheaper, so whats the bog deal?
Stevie Wonder could see this coming.
Posted By: btdtst Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 12:14 AM
Yes, Brian, the Biden supporters are rather quiet. One of them that posts here very frequently ( to the tune of 10,883 posts so far ) cheerfully admits on another gun/shooting forum that he gladly voted for Biden and supports the new administration. Very strange.
Posted By: keith Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by Brian
We all knew this was coming. We were told it was coming. I find it interesting that the usual Biden/Dem party supporters of this board are so far silent....

I find that silence from the Biden supporters interesting too, and revealing as well. But you aren't allowed to tell the truth about that. In addition to the one btdst mentions above, who could forget the self-described "Independent Moderate" who crowed for several days straight when he falsely claimed Donald Trump was going to turn on gun owners, and raise the legal age to buy long guns?

Then there were a few who cried and wrung their hands over Wayne LaPierre of the NRA getting a decent salary and some nice suits and perks for doing a great job, yet remaining totally silent about exorbitant speaking fees paid to the Clintons, or the massive salary Biden's son got for being on the Board of Directors of a Ukranian gas company, after Daddy got a mean old Ukranian prosecutor fired for looking into corruption.

But they won't be totally silent... You can bet your ass they will cry to Dave that you and I are alienating valued members by pointing out how they are helping anti-gun Democrats slowly eliminate our 2nd Amendment Rights. The other "tool" frequently used is to just disrupt gun rights threads so they get locked or deleted. Same old same old...
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 05:20 AM
I hope his is the first door kicked in during the middle of the night by the gun confiscation gestapo.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 03:13 PM
The Chinese have accurately called them who they are, noted after the b1tch slapping Tony Blinken and staff received at the hands of the Chinese delegation in Alaska. “Baizuo”.

https://wentworthreport.com/2021/03/20/the-chinese-have-the-western-left-nailed-baizuo/

It is who they are, every one of them, our own quiet at the moment little band of them as well.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: craigd Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 04:06 PM
Well now Ted, didn't you know that this is how slip-n-fall is reestablishing world credibility. I noticed the russians are also trembling, giving up their nuk ambitions if jo agrees to debate vlad to the bone. May you folks have a quiet and calm summer, relative to whatever is supposed to be the new normal.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 04:28 PM
Not three months in to the Presidency, we have the disaster in Alaska, the crisis at the border, Ford Motor Company realizing that the teeth put into the new trade bill have been pulled by the Harris administration, and moving production to Mexico, a fresh attempt on the second amendment (of course, when you have stupid Baizuo RIGHT HERE proclaiming a woman’s right to kill her baby trumps the second amendment) wholesale assault on the employees of the energy sector, with an outstanding demonstration in Texas of what happens when you rely on green energy (morons) and pretty much every bad actor State, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, etc. declining the overtures of the Harris administration, realizing it is weak and stupid.

Thought the boy and I would participate in a buddy trap league this spring, but, I really wonder if I can come up with the 42 lousy boxes of trap loads it would take. Hunting loads, I’m good on, at least a lifetime on hand. I’ve been helping friends out with .22 rimfire, have more than enough of that, too.

Happy summer to you too, Craig. The money I used to send to the the Republican Party all goes to the Convention of States effort.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 04:51 PM
What's the "Convention of States" movement?...Geo
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
What's the "Convention of States" movement?...Geo

https://conventionofstates.com/

Elimination of career bureaucrats through mandatory term limits, and law requiring the budget be balanced.

Simple, elegant, to the point, and vehemently opposed by Baizuo everywhere.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Replacement Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 08:35 PM
Elimination of career bureaucrats through mandatory term limits,

California has had mandatory term limits for most state and many local offices for a long time and it is a complete cluster [censored]. Just rotates these fools through a series of offices that they are not qualified for, and by the time their bad decisions can catch up with them, they have moved on to another office where they can implement a new set of bad decisions. Many here believe that the term limits, combined with the jungle primaries, have led this state to the somewhat invincible Dem super majority that currently exists. How's that working out?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 08:54 PM
I’d have to guess that bad election law, in the form of ranked choice primaries, which have led to no Republicans being on the ballet, has had a dramatic effect on California. Also, California is clearly missing any notion of a balanced budget being a requirement.

You need to have a serious look at your election law. Voter ID and some sort of accountability to local politicians seems to be long overdue, everywhere, but, especially in California.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Replacement Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 09:12 PM
California is clearly missing any notion of a balanced budget being a requirement.

Not a requirement, but no one in gooberment cares because they are taxing us to death. Example: As bad as 2020 was for the economy (mostly because of the pandemic), CA still wound up with a budget surplus of about $19 billion. And that is after the state agencies pissed away something on the order of $31 billion on fraudulent unemployment compensation payments to prison inmates, illegals, dead people, out-of-state residents, and foreigners. State government and most of the state agencies are completely inept, run by thieves and whores (see Gavin Newsom and his Dem minions). And what do they want to do? Increase taxes again. In the most highly taxed state in the nation.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/20/21 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Replacement
California is clearly missing any notion of a balanced budget being a requirement.

Not a requirement, but no one in gooberment cares because they are taxing us to death. Example: As bad as 2020 was for the economy (mostly because of the pandemic), CA still wound up with a budget surplus of about $19 billion. And that is after the state agencies pissed away something on the order of $31 billion on fraudulent unemployment compensation payments to prison inmates, illegals, dead people, out-of-state residents, and foreigners. State government and most of the state agencies are completely inept, run by thieves and whores (see Gavin Newsom and his Dem minions). And what do they want to do? Increase taxes again. In the most highly taxed state in the nation.

Is State tax still counted as a deduction from Federal Income Tax? Weren't New York and California both running up their State Tax bills to keep their money in State rather than have the resident's tax money used by the federal government?...Geo
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Replacement

If you are truly dealing with that level of idiocy, (you’ll get no argument from me) might be time to pull up stakes and try it somewhere else.

I have no illusions of trying to live in Minnesota after we are retired. It is corrupt as hell. I have a job here, but, that won’t be forever. My Dad left the east coast to escape the same nonsense, and before he died, he was worried it was time to move, again.

He was right. He just moved on without the moving van, so to speak.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: mc Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 01:32 AM
As far as I know California has unfunded mandates far exceeding the tax windfall.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 07:18 PM
As far as I know California has unfunded mandates far exceeding the tax windfall.

True, but those "unfunded mandates" are mostly related to public employee pension obligations. The unfunded portion can be excluded from the annual state budgets because because the CalPERS (govt ees) and CalSTRS (teachers) systems have been using wildly optimistic assumptions for their expected investment performance. This all harkens back to the early-mid 90's when the economy was booming and investment performance was strong. Some govt agencies started enriching their defined benefit pension plans to attract employees, and once a few agencies did that, most of the others followed so that they could remain competitive. Pension obligations grew like Topsy, to the point that employee contributions and investment performance could no longer support the actuarial obligations. Add in the optimistic investment projections. Combine that with increased lifespans. Add in in all the money that the state govt pisses away on problems of its own making (illegals, homeless, foolish energy policy, fraud, suing the federal govt, etc.), and the result is that the taxpayers are getting royally screwed. This state's government is beyond incompetent and inept. It is criminally negligent.
Posted By: Replacement Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 07:38 PM
Is State tax still counted as a deduction from Federal Income Tax?

Yes, but it is limited to $10K per year for those who itemize. State income tax maxes out at 12.3%. Sales tax in many counties is now at 10.25% (some higher, a few lower). Property taxes are moderate from a rate standpoint (about 1.25%), but they are based on the sales price of the property and CA housing prices are extremely high. As an example, average selling price in my ZIP code is about $1.4mil. That buys about 2300 square feet on a small lot. And your property taxes the first year would be $17,500, far in excess of the federal deduction limit, even before you factor in the state income tax and the sales tax. Gas taxes are the highest in the country. Auto and boat registrations (a value-based tax on personal property) are among the highest in the country, and were increased by the legislature by $5 billion a few years ago. In my city, we pay local taxes on our utilities (telephone, cell phone, cable TV, gas, electricity, water, sewer), on top of the various state and other taxes and assessment on these services. As Everett Dirksen once said, "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money." Other than weather, topography, and natural resources, California sucks.
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 07:47 PM
I will not comply, and that is not a political statement. My own sheriff already said the same thing, too, so i feel like I am in good company. The sooner this illegal legislation becomes law, the sooner America can have that great cleansing and "reset" so many have yearned for. And I am talking about the re-set to 1787.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/21/21 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by pamtnman
I will not comply, and that is not a political statement. My own sheriff already said the same thing, too, so i feel like I am in good company. The sooner this illegal legislation becomes law, the sooner America can have that great cleansing and "reset" so many have yearned for. And I am talking about the re-set to 1787.

This may come as a surprise to many .......... whatever. My sheriff is a fine, black man who I trust and respect. i count him as a friend. He is in his second term. I supported him in both campaigns and elections, and still do. He has been interviewed on national news because of his stand on the shooting at the Wendy's in Atlanta. I have no doubt that he would have my back if, and when, I must defy federal law to surrender any of my firearms. I will quote you, pamtnman, "I will not comply". I agree 110 %.

Stan
Posted By: canvasback Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/22/21 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by nca225
You guys always get you panties in a twist about this stuff. Sinema and Manchin, thankfully won't go for it and the stacked SCOTUS won't let it stand either. But if it does pass, it is the conservaturds fault. You people thought owning libs and ramming through bad laws and SC justices no matter the cost or the clear power grabbing hypocrisy was the way to go. Having seen how the Rs conducted themselves when in power, dismissing any meaningful or good faith discussions/negotiations with the opposition, why not take a few pages from your playbook? You're just on the receiving end now, which isn't all that bad for you guys because you're getting the benefits of good policy like the recent ARPA passage. Enjoy.

And please, by all means. Forcefully resist the law if passed. Id' like to see what happens to you.

Good faith? Good grief. I’m not American and it was obvious to me the previous administration was never extended a moment of good faith.....from the Dems or their waterboys in the media.
Posted By: ChiefAmungum Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/22/21 10:24 PM
NCA, Blame Justice Ginsburg for the "stacked" SC. She could have left under Pres. Obama. No loss, well past her prime even then. Justice Roberts has proved to be moderate at best. As to pushing a SC appointee through. I'm good and sure the Dems would have done much the same thing given the opportunity. Looking forward to the 2022 elections?

Chief
Posted By: Patio Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/22/21 11:29 PM
All I know is what we have in Canada is a far cry from what the US 2nd Amendment gives Americans.
More than a little jealous.
Posted By: craigd Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/23/21 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Patio
All I know is what we have in Canada is a far cry from what the US 2nd Amendment gives Americans.
More than a little jealous.
nca will be along to tell you that there is absolutely no threat against the right, but they are pricing it and regulating it to take away the will to participate in the short term, and are criminalizing with targeted enforcement in the bit longer term.
Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/23/21 10:59 AM
"to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and other purposes." - How many caught that?

The socialists learned a hard lesson from the previous and expired law. It appears that they have closed the loopholes that allowed manufacturers to import rifles without the "evil features." It also addresses the "pre and post-ban" loopholes that allowed one to assemble what is referred to as a "semiautomatic assault weapon."

Our country is in sad shape right now. The disaster on the Southern border, race and gender baiting, class warfare, restoring rights to felons while taking away those of law abiding citizens, further division and angering everyday Americans, Governors, Mayors and other elected officials drunk with new found power due to the pandemic, kids still not in school yet teacher's and their unions getting grants and bonuses, violent crime on the rise, and the politicizing of our military.

I refuse to believe that the majority of our fellow citizens wanted and voted for this.
Posted By: btdtst Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/23/21 06:05 PM
Biden has already made a special TV announcement begging for drastic gun control measures due to the Boulder shooting.
Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman Re: Assault Weapons Ban of 2021 - 03/23/21 10:06 PM
I personally think you will see a combination of actions. The House will ramrod stuff through because right now they can. I'm not sure that the Senate will go for far-reaching measures. It is starting to look like some of them are getting uncomfortable with the border situation, and a mid-term election next year.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com