doublegunshop.com - home
Well fellow Turkey hunters, Ohio season opens in 60 days. NY May 1st, and KY April 17th. Just around the corner. Thank my lucky stars I have plenty of Turkey ammo.

Who’s and where will you all be hunting?

Rich
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 12:57 AM
Early May...western NY...I’ll be down the road just outside the swamp scaring Turkeys by making really bad turkey sounds!

The scope on my drilling will be dialed to 1.5x and both the full & mod barrels will be packing a 1-1/4 ounces of #5 lead just in case I run into a tone-deaf turkey. The gun will do minute of Tom’s head from either barrel to maybe 45 yards.

I even have a new short legged camo turkey chair to sit in and look silly....at least I will be comfortable (until I get up) and my butt will be dry.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 02:34 AM
I am too excited! Hope you are ready Geo!
I have to be sure they’re not in my driveway strutting when I leave for work.
I'm scouting them on my land for my two grandsons and my buddy from Arkansas. He swaps me duck hunting in the L'Anguille River bottoms for turkey hunting here. Good deal for us both. I get too busy farming in the spring to mess with turkeys much.

Here he is with a 22 lb. bird he killed here several years ago.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Every year I say I want to kill one more before I hang it up. Dang, I get tired of getting up so early and walking around in the dark and can't see the snakes. Just one more! Season in GA opens March 20 and lingers interminably until May 15. The first open season we had down here I went every single day and although I got a coupla birds I also developed a stone bruise on my butt bone I thought was cancer for sure. I got fishing to tend to...Geo
Posted By: GLS Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 06:19 PM
I have barely recovered from lack of sleep from last season...
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
Every year I say I want to kill one more before I hang it up. Dang, I get tired of getting up so early and walking around in the dark and can't see the snakes. Just one more! Season in GA opens March 20 and lingers interminably until May 15. The first open season we had down here I went every single day and although I got a coupla birds I also developed a stone bruise on my butt bone I thought was cancer for sure. I got fishing to tend to...Geo
I'm gonna take you down to George's island and drop ya off. That big tom made it another year. Jakes are crazy 2 year olds now! Remember to practice your quail whistle too!
Posted By: GLS Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 06:48 PM
Geo, I hope you nail one this year with your 20 ga. Gil
Originally Posted by GLS
Geo, I hope you nail one this year with your 20 ga. Gil

Planning on it, Gil. GLS turned my 1928 20ga Lefever Trap and Field single shot into a turkey special...Geo

P.S.: I was going to post a picture of it, but remembered I don't know how to post a pic anymore.
Posted By: Mills Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/25/21 08:15 PM
We are getting ready for it. Still frustrated from last season, but we will see.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Turkey season just around the corner - 02/28/21 02:14 AM
They are strutting and mating woohoo! Maybe they won't be too "henned up" when the season opens.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com