doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis OT Raniero Testa .. pretty impressive - 02/24/21 12:22 PM
Not everything done with a shotgun has to transfer to hunting skills to be interesting to watch .......

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...-airborne-clay-targets-with-17-shots-in/

SRH
Stan,
That was fun to watch, and reminds me of the other exhibition shooter from Federal that passed. Thanks for sharing!
Karl
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: OT Raniero Testa .. pretty impressive - 02/24/21 03:35 PM
In the slo mo it looks like he never got the last one.
Rob, it looks that way because he intentionally got atop a little hill and threw the targets off it so that he would have a little longer to get to the last couple.

I just can't imagine someone's mind working that fast, establishing the proper lead on 17 targets in less than three seconds. Must have used up a lot of shells and targets practicing.
Tom Knapp did his level of shooting many, many times, publicly and consistently over a long period. Records are what they are, but we'll see. all things pass as they say.
Tom Knapp was good, in his day, but his personal record was 10 targets.

I heard that Ad Topperwein once shot a 25 straight at FCGC in Savannah with .22 Shorts.

I have seen Tim Bradley do his exhibition shooting at FCGC in Savannah, and was under impressed. He missed a lot.

I have seen Jon Krueger do his exhibition shooting, and he was much better.

But, the best I've ever seen in person is John Michael Morris, from Georgetown, SC. He is just over the top. Almost never misses. I have witnessed him run a 25 straight on the skeet field in 60 seconds, from the hip. I've seen him run a 25 straight on skeet while riding a bicycle, steering with his left hand and shooting from the hip with his right hand only. And, John Michael has never had a big sponsor giving him free shells like the others do. He can shoot just as good with the shotgun upside down and over his head as he can from the shoulder. He is a friend, but I envy his ability really bad ........ blush
Posted By: Mark II Re: OT Raniero Testa .. pretty impressive - 02/25/21 04:52 PM
I asked Tom Knapp how long it took him to learn to through that target spread. He said he had a pallet of targets in a grassy field , threw them all and picked up the ones that didn't break and threw them again. He also told me to remember the middle of an aspirin is the same size as the middle of a watermelon. Kind of gives you something to think about.
I can't even imagine how hard it was to learn to throw 17 high enough and with the proper "pattern" to be able to break them all in 2 seconds.

Jon Kruger can throw a golf ball up in the air and either slice it or hook it on demand, or alternatively drive it out of sight straight away.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com