doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chuck H Ferlib case label - 02/09/21 05:15 AM
I'm looking for a case lable for a Ferlib (Libero Ferraglio) or just a decent picture of the label. Any help is appreciated.
Posted By: halifax Re: Ferlib case label - 02/09/21 03:25 PM
go to gunauction.com and scroll down a couple of pages and you will see a Ferlib trade label to cut and paste.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ferlib case label - 02/09/21 04:04 PM
I looked high and low...can you find it again and copy the link??
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Ferlib case label - 02/09/21 05:49 PM
There's one shown here, but it might take a considerable amount of effort to track down a good pic of it -- but, it's a start if all else fails.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-english-stock-14-1.cfm?gun_id=101265313
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 01:59 AM
Chuck:

I responded to your inquiry to me via Gunsinternational. Let me know if that worked for you.

Rem
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 02:30 AM
Chuck

Love to know which model of Ferlib you have as I was the importer for these guns

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Posted By: Steve Helsley Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 03:03 AM
This is a 'long shot.'

When he closed Ferlib, Ivano Tanfoglio went to work for B. Rizzini (right down the street)
in Gardone. You might try contacting B. Rizzini or their US importer.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 05:16 AM
Originally Posted by Steve Helsley
This is a 'long shot.'

When he closed Ferlib, Ivano Tanfoglio went to work for B. Rizzini (right down the street)
in Gardone. You might try contacting B. Rizzini or their US importer.

Steve,
I had thought of that too. I just thought I'd give it try before making it an international challenge.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by arrieta2
Chuck

Love to know which model of Ferlib you have as I was the importer for these guns

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John,
It's a Model 7, 410, 28" bbls, made in the early 90s from what I gather. It has a coin finish with very tight and tiny English rose & scroll. I picked it up in slightly rough condition from Griffin & Howe maybe 7 years ago. The plum barrels were scuffed up and I didn't care for the plum color. The stock had an added layer of finish that was nicked up and not appealing. I bent the stock to my dimensions and shot it until I had a chance and inclination to reblue the barrels. While on a hunting trip up to Oregon, I reblued them in my friend's shop. I used techniques that one of our incredibly talented late members related to me. They really came out nice. So, I refinished the stock once I returned home. The bottom picture is the Ferlib over the BR500 B. Rizzini .410, 30" bbl gun I finally got out of Italy a year ago.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Remington40x
Chuck:

I responded to your inquiry to me via Gunsinternational. Let me know if that worked for you.

Rem

Many thanks. I'll check it out and let you know.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 05:47 AM
Rem,
Looks like I can work with that. Thank you very much. I posted pix of my Ferlib above. It's an ejector Model 7 and is a very attractive gun. As I stated above, I got it a bit rough and did some work on it. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about it or any other pictures.
Regards
Chuck
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 11:20 AM
Both .410s are gorgeous, Chuck. Congratulations on the way the Ferlib turned out. Looks like Doug's bluing.

Best, SRH
Posted By: campero Re: Ferlib case label - 02/10/21 12:17 PM
Congrats, Chuck! So lovely both .410 ga side by side!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com