doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: AWOLF Project for Retirement - 02/01/21 07:07 PM
Hello SxS fans,
I have been looking for that project gun to keep me busy in retirement. I found a Merkel last week with a broken stock. I could not believe what it went for. I have the Merkel147e 20 bore and like it. I also like the parker and LC Smith 20 bores. I just stumbled onto a 16 ga. Parker DH with unmolested 30" barrels and needs to be redone. the gun does have some rust. I do have a stock duplicator since the stock is broken. Does $750 seem like too much for this beater ?
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Project for Retirement - 02/01/21 07:17 PM
If you get bored I can send you a few to work on
Posted By: mc Re: Project for Retirement - 02/01/21 08:01 PM
Is it an ejector gun? Is it gdr? If you are happy then it's a great price
Posted By: AWOLF Re: Project for Retirement - 02/01/21 08:56 PM
Sorry, If it were an ejector, I would be all over it. What does gdr mean ?
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Project for Retirement - 02/02/21 01:36 AM
GDR stands for German Democratic Republic, East Germany.
Karl
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Project for Retirement - 02/02/21 01:39 AM
GDR stands for German Democratic Republic, East Germany. Having three Merkels myself, I'd say you did well at $750.00.
Karl
Posted By: Dave Schiller Re: Project for Retirement - 02/02/21 03:40 PM
The "e" in 147e signifies ejector. If you can make a stock for it inexpensively, you got a steal on the price. A semi-inleted stock is currently listed on one of the dealer sites for $75.
Posted By: mc Re: Project for Retirement - 02/02/21 07:14 PM
So it's a Parker 16 you are asking about? I think I misread your post.sorry
Posted By: AWOLF Re: Project for Retirement - 02/02/21 07:52 PM
it is a Parker 16 gauge DH made in 1921. I have never owned or shot the 16 gauge, let alone have any hulls for the darned thing. My post does mention more than one gun. Sorry for the confusion. i would think that with all of the gun laws coming out prices would start to drop on doubles but just not seeing it yet. I dont want to settle for the 16 when I would really like to find a 28 gauge for my project.
Thanks again
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com