doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Harrell This really made my day. - 01/20/21 06:35 AM
Sent my barrels and other assorted parts to be reblued on the 17th of December. Had to put in a claim 7 days ago. Miraculously they were delivered today after 32 days priority mail. A very close call. From now on parts go registered mail. Would have been a real shame to have one of only 6 WR try guns ever made without the barrels.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 12:50 PM
USPS lost a couple guns for me last year for about six weeks. Not a fun thing to go through. Glad you got them back. We’re they lost on the way out or back? If so I hope the return trip goes a heck of a lot smoother.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 01:57 PM
Just got some reloading components I bought from a private seller that were mailed December 28 via USPS Priority Mail. 21 days.

The Post Office is one screwed up place.
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 02:01 PM
Probably not lost, just jammed up somewhere in the backlog. At least that's the way it is here. Somebody just received an item yesterday, only took 56 days! I have had a couple that took 24 days. I imagine your postal system is as bad as hours right now. I'm glad to hear that you received them unharmed.
Posted By: eightbore Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 02:44 PM
Mike, I realize that Registered Mail is a good system with the required signature at each point. Does that mean that insurance is not necessary? Is the insurance purchased for Registered a different price per $100?
Posted By: SKB Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 02:52 PM
I ship registered on all my higher value packages. The cost of insurance is much lower than purchasing insurance for priority mail or any other service I have found. Additionally registered mail does not have a cap on whart they will pay out, unlike Fedex or UPS. It can be slow at times but the service is very safe and things arrive in the same manner they left assuming you pack them well.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by eightbore
Mike, I realize that Registered Mail is a good system with the required signature at each point. Does that mean that insurance is not necessary? Is the insurance purchased for Registered a different price per $100?

Signing each step of the way prevents theft but if there's a fire or something else that damages your shipment you still need insurance. Insurance p/$100 on Registered is lower than regular mail.
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 04:10 PM
They were lost on the way to the smith. Registered on the way back for sure.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 09:44 PM
I’ve had registered packages get lost. One was lost for two weeks. Seemed the person who signed for it went on vacation for two weeks. When he returned it came back into the system. I was not a happy camper. There is no great way to ship guns these days I’m afraid.

Mike I almost feel like I ought to light a candle for your gun shipment. Only I’m not Catholic and my neighbors all think I am just one step removed from lighting bonfires to burn witches. I tell them nonsense, I don’t limit myself to witches. A few, almost all, elected officials, couple big tech leaders and most of the MSM people are on my to burn list.
Posted By: eightbore Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 09:59 PM
So, KY Jon, do you think the USPS employee who went on vacation for two weeks after signing for the gun, took the gun home with him because he couldn't find anyone to take possession. If we are to believe that signing for a package means that you have to find an employee to take it from you before you leave on vacation, and can't find that person, then taking the package home with you is the only solution.
Posted By: SKB Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 10:08 PM
No, things get stored in locked cages or safes when an employee is not personally in possesion of a registered package. USPS employees do not take registed mail home with them.
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: This really made my day. - 01/20/21 10:23 PM
I can't remember it I posted photos of it here or not. Single selective trigger ejector.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: This really made my day. - 01/21/21 02:44 AM
I love that lever work. Single trigger, not so much.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: KY Jon Re: This really made my day. - 01/21/21 03:58 AM
No Eightbore, I was told he had it in his office for two weeks and just forgot to get someone else to take it off his hands. It had made it within 11 miles of it's final destination. But sat in the local PO postmaster office from the time he got it until he came back from vacation and put it back into the system. I guess they did not try to get a location for the package while he was on vacation. It was a honest mistake I think. Just one I did not see the humor in at the time. Most PO employees are fine people. People sent to Earth, to make my life a complete rats nest and they have succeed.

I have given up any hope of returning back to Maryland to retire. The state has changed so much in the last 20-30 years I almost do not know it was the state I grew up in. Might as well be Connecticut or New Jersey these days. My farms are going to be sold and the money used to buy land else where. Pity there is truth in the line you can never go home again. Hope you are well and putting up with all the changes in Maryland.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com