doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ClapperZapper Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/17/21 03:38 PM
Has anyone here compared the handling dynamics between a Ziegenhahn back action shotgun and a Holland and Holland back action shotgun?

So, Krieghoff Essencia versus H&H Dominion?

Does Don have either in the database?
Posted By: ed good Re: Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/17/21 04:08 PM
don? as in don ho?
Posted By: FlyChamps Re: Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/17/21 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
don? as in don ho?

No! Don as in Rocketman. A man who knows something about quality guns.
And, how they wiggle.
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Has anyone here compared the handling dynamics between a Ziegenhahn back action shotgun and a Holland and Holland back action shotgun?

Why don't you send Don a private message and ask him? How would anybody else know what all is in his database?
Don’s pm box has been full every time I’ve ever attempted to pm him.

He is typically very forthcoming with details when a public question about gun dynamics is raised.

I don’t recall ever seeing a discussion pertaining to hammerless back action locks and their dynamics.
Hopefully he will see this discussion and weigh in. Don is a very helpful guy when it comes to gun handling dynamics.

Good luck, SRH
Posted By: ed good Re: Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/18/21 12:33 AM
la te da...
Posted By: keith Re: Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/18/21 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper

C'mon man... a Gray man with even a little gray matter ought to understand that the very slight differences in the mass of two different back action locks, being between the hands, would have a lot less effect on handling dynamics than things like barrel weight and striking, barrel and buttstock length, and even the difference in density of the wood in the buttstocks.
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Ziegenhahn vs H&H back action dynamics - 01/19/21 03:04 AM
The Essencias are very interesting guns, as are the dominions. I’ve handled both separately, but never shot them in a comparison scenario. I would be interested in hearing the impressions of someone who has done so. In fact, come to think of it, I have a 16 bore Holland number two Back actionwith 30 inch barrels in my safe, and it handles beautifully. Unfortunately I have no essencia With which to compare it!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com