doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: CJO Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 03:08 PM
Can anyone tell me how to access your own old posts in this new format?
Can’t seem to find it on the drop down menu

Thanks

CJ
Posted By: SKB Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 03:17 PM
The magnifying glass in the upper right is the search feature, click on it then go to the advanced search page.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 03:21 PM
That's the search function Steve, as it has always been.

In the old version we could go to our personal profiles and find a listing of every post. Made it quite easy to find old discussions we had originated or taken part in.
Posted By: SKB Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 03:22 PM
I did not know that about the old version. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: GGress Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 04:20 PM
Now that you have posted, click on your name, and scroll down to forum posts.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 06:13 PM
Just tried that and there wasn't an "old post" option listed in the scrolling section. What I did find was that just under your name is a cloud quotation symbol. Hover over that and the "your posts" option comes up. The accumulated number of your old posts is adjacent to that symbol. Just past that number to the right is the symbol of a letter, which takes you to your private messages if you hover over that. Always fun to learn new things.
Posted By: CJO Re: Accessing old posts - 01/15/21 11:22 PM
Thank you all, took me a while but I finally got it

CJ
Posted By: canvasback Re: Accessing old posts - 01/16/21 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Just tried that and there wasn't an "old post" option listed in the scrolling section. What I did find was that just under your name is a cloud quotation symbol. Hover over that and the "your posts" option comes up. The accumulated number of your old posts is adjacent to that symbol. Just past that number to the right is the symbol of a letter, which takes you to your private messages if you hover over that. Always fun to learn new things.

Great Lloyd. Thank you. I would never have figured that out. Lol.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Accessing old posts - 01/16/21 12:40 PM
How this option works for you might be subject to the OS you have. I run Mac, and accessing old posts of mine works very simply. Click on my name, get a drop down box that contains four options, click on "Forum posts" and they all come up. All the way back to '06, for me.

SRH
Posted By: canvasback Re: Accessing old posts - 01/16/21 01:41 PM
Stan I run a Mac as well. When I click on my name I get a drop down menu with 11 options, none of which is "old posts". I can access them exactly as outlined by Lloyd. Works the same on my iPad.

I also run a PC and it's the exact same thing there.

These differences are prolly just some more of the early adoption glitches.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com