doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jlb Number of Viewers - 01/11/21 03:59 PM
Prior to the upgrade I normally saw 8-15 viewers for this site. I now see more than 200.

BTW I like the upgrade.

jlb
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Number of Viewers - 01/11/21 04:21 PM
Get a good hockey or golf thread going I’d bet it would go even higher.

Hi, Ted!

Posted By: Woodreaux Re: Number of Viewers - 01/11/21 04:41 PM
agree. the update seems to be a definite upgrade. I particularly like the 'like' option of letting someone know your appreciate the post without having to add to the post.
Posted By: keith Re: Number of Viewers - 01/11/21 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by jlb
Prior to the upgrade I normally saw 8-15 viewers for this site. I now see more than 200.

BTW I like the upgrade.

jlb

I noticed that too. But I seriously doubt that the minor changes attracted 10 or 15 times as many viewers. It almost seems as if the system is not correctly removing viewers as they leave, thus it appears that there are more than there actually are at any given time.

Of course, I could be wrong. I suppose there could be a crowd of curious guys who simply cannot believe that we have so many gun owners here who would support an anti-gunner like Joe Biden.

Hey... I just noticed that my old signature line is gone! I wonder if it was removed by twitter or facebook???
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Number of Viewers - 01/11/21 06:26 PM
Or we may be seeing viewers that were previously "hidden" from view.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Number of Viewers - 01/12/21 05:43 PM
Could someone explain why this thread was locked ?

"Greener Self-Acting Ejector Gunsmithing needed"
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Number of Viewers - 01/12/21 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by jlb

BTW I like the upgrade.

jlb

A marketing scam ?
Posted By: ksauers1 Re: Number of Viewers - 01/12/21 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by keith
Originally Posted by jlb

BTW I like the upgrade.

jlb

I noticed that too. But I seriously doubt that the minor changes attracted 10 or 15 times as many viewers. It almost seems as if the system is not correctly removing viewers as they leave, thus it appears that there are more than there actually are at any given time.

Of course, I could be wrong. I suppose there could be a crowd of curious guys who simply cannot believe that we have so many gun owners here who would support an anti-gunner like Joe Biden.

Hey... I just noticed that my old signature line is gone! I wonder if it was removed by twitter or facebook???

I wonder what they think about Biden vowing to destroy the nra? They want to destroy the gun owners, freedom of religion. They’ve done a pretty good job on fire speech. Why don’t they be honest and say,we want to destroy the bill of rights and the constitution?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Number of Viewers - 01/12/21 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Could someone explain why this thread was locked ?

"Greener Self-Acting Ejector Gunsmithing needed"

Yeah, I wondered about that myself. Not a hint of a reason that it should have been lock that I can tell.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Number of Viewers - 01/12/21 10:11 PM
As I understand it...The old SW could not reconcile unknown users other than in a very generic way and primarily showed known users and spiders. The new stuff can by unique ip address.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com