doublegunshop.com - home
Immanuel Meffert Cape Gun in 16ga - 9.3x72R - Hubertus

As I mentioned in my post about the Burgsmuller Cape gun that I purchased, I also purchased this Meffert in 16ga - 9.3x72R at the same auction. This is one was the 4th Cape gun in my collection. As you can see, I have a soft-spot for these vintage all-purpose guns. Most Cape Guns were popular in Europe - but not so much here in the U.S. These guns were from a period in time when the all purpose gun was practicla, to the hunting situations there. You never knew what game might be encountered on a hunting stroll through the mountains.

Specs for this one: full length matted rib with flip up rear sigh. Greener crossbolt boxlock action with cocking indicators on top of frame. Frame is lightly engraved in scroll. Made with double triggers, extractors, non-auto safety. Horn capped pistol grip. Buttstock is checkered in point pattern and terminates with lined horn buttplate. Sling swivels. Splinter forend with Deeley release is checkered in point pattern. 27-5/8" Barrels. 14-3/16" LOP Weighs 6 pounds 11 ounces.

As always, your comments are welcome.

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/MEFFERT-91.jpg

Lovely effort on the inverted/reverse image, or whatever it is, that has the clue of the touchmark of RJF surmounted by a Crown. Looks as if the Schilling forge finished the rough bored tube that was sourced from the Belgian sourced >>RJF<<.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Lovely effort on the inverted/reverse image, or whatever it is, that has the clue of the touchmark of RJF surmounted by a Crown. Looks as if the Schilling forge finished the rough bored tube that was sourced from the Belgian sourced >>RJF<<.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Hello ellenbr,
Thanks for the reply.

I sometimes use a negative image to better bring out the details of a marking. Thank you for the info.
I do wonder if RJF is associated with Janssen Frères? Like R. Janssen Frères?? Just a guess.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Originally Posted By: ellenbr
I do wonder if RJF is associated with Janssen Frères? Like R. Janssen Frères?? Just a guess.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Hello ellenbr,
Thanks for the reply.

Your guess is better than mine.
wink
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com