doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Doug Mann David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/02/21 04:18 PM
I promised David that I would announce that a reprint of the book is going to be available very soon. This is it.

Gunnerman books will be handling the book for David. I do not know the price.
Thank you. If I didn't have a copy, I would be beating a path to Gunnerman books as this is a brilliant book, well worth the cost.
Posted By: keith Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/02/21 07:25 PM
The only bad thing about this is that a second edition will depress the value of the first edition copies, which are always in high demand.

I guess that doesn't matter a whole lot, because I would never sell my copy, even though it has gotten much more valuable since I bought it. Lot's of very good information, well written and organized, in one place.
Great!

It's a fun read.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/03/21 01:41 AM
Interested. Any idea when it will be available?
There's a first edition in "fine" condition for sale right now at Gunnerman's, for $145.

SRH
Posted By: ellenbr Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/03/21 12:21 PM
Any idea if Mr. Trevallion might be persuaded to sign either?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/03/21 01:05 PM
Raimey, While I hate to speak for David in this case I will. I'm sure that he would be happy to sign either or both for you.

David has expressed an interest in attending the Southern SxS this spring if there is one which would make it convenient for many people.
Four currently on eBay ranging from $149-300.

Great news that it will be available again. I don't think it will hurt the value of the original very much. Many people and collectors seek the first edition of many books.
After looking at my gun library, I found my original copy signed by McIntosh that has it's original $17.95 Fieldsport price label on it. How things change!
Karl
Last chance at a first edition in like new condition. PM me if you are interested...
Posted By: CJO Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/03/21 09:45 PM
Originally Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman

Great news that it will be available again. I don't think it will hurt the value of the original very much. Many people and collectors seek the first edition of many books.

Wonder what my copy signed by DT & MM is worth?

CJ
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/04/21 06:51 PM
So Karl, now you need Dave's signature on it.
DAM 16sxs,
Why yes I do! It's amazing how the price of sporting books have climbed. Taking a look at my humble collection, I find all of McIntosh's signed books as well as many others. My books should buy my heirs something really nice!
Karl
Posted By: canvasback Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/05/21 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: CJO
Originally Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman

Wonder what my copy signed by DT & MM is worth?

CJ

Show-off! Hahahaha!
Posted By: canvasback Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/05/21 01:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Doug Mann
I promised David that I would announce that a reprint of the book is going to be available very soon. This is it.

Gunnerman books will be handling the book for David. I do not know the price.

Doug, by "very soon" do you mean days, weeks or months?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/08/21 12:28 PM
Excellent book. One I definitely recommend. Mine is signed by both McIntosh and Trevallion. Price listed: $28.
Is the reprint going to be updated in anyway by Crossed Chisels?

SRH
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/08/21 02:03 PM
Only Carol would know.
Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Only Carol would know.

No. David himself, who posts on here occasionally, would certainly know. And, since he entrusted Doug with the announcement of the reprint, I was thinking he may know as well.
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/08/21 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Only Carol would know.

No. David himself, who posts on here occasionally, would certainly know. And, since he entrusted Doug with the announcement of the reprint, I was thinking he may know as well.

To all: David is waiting shipment of the books from the publisher. He will have some and a large quantity will go to Carol that is all I know.

David has not been on this site for quite some time so I walked him through how to find the site. He very much liked what the comments were on his books. However, he couldn't remember his password to make a response or to post. How many of us can't remember a password? wink

I do not know what the price of the book will be.
Posted By: Tinker Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/09/21 05:48 PM
Hopefully I'll see the announcement for the opportunity to purchase before they are sold out.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/10/21 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Doug Mann
Originally Posted by Stan
Originally Posted by DAM16SXS
Only Carol would know.

To all: David is waiting shipment of the books from the publisher. He will have some and a large quantity will go to Carol that is all I know.

David has not been on this site for quite some time so I walked him through how to find the site. He very much liked what the comments were on his books. However, he couldn't remember his password to make a response or to post. How many of us can't remember a password? wink

I do not know what the price of the book will be.

I'll give David a call tomorrow maybe and ask him to reserve a copy for me - inscribed of course. ;-)
Posted By: keith Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/11/21 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Doug Mann

All David needs to do is email Dave Weber to retrieve or reset his password. His email address is on the home page, and presumably in his profile.

It's gotten so we have so many logins and passwords that it is near impossible to remember them all. Then people do exactly what we are not supposed to do, and write them down. I have many of mine stored on an encrypted USB drive. But just this morning, I spent several frustrating minutes trying to log onto a system by using the login for a different system. I guess my first coffee hadn't kicked in yet.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/11/21 08:42 PM
Just sent a temp pwd to Trevallion....I assume his email to be the same as his last login....which coincidentally was almost 1 year ago.
Keith, you might want to try "One Password" (1Password 7), which stores all your passwords and user names. All you need to remember, then, is one master password to get into it.

Works pretty good for me.

SRH
Posted By: bbman3 Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/11/21 10:27 PM
My book is signed.Bobby
Posted By: Argo44 Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/11/21 11:34 PM
David responds best to a telephone call in the morning. He last posted on the Reilly line I believe. I talk to him every couple of months about that research. He is a font of knowledge and of stories of historical characters in the business. Vic Venters talks to him more regularly.

I will say thank goodness he decided to come over to this side of the pond about 1965....he was George Bush 41's preferred gunsmith. (Obversation - possibly erroneous: The British gunsmith trade even in the 1950's-60's seems to have been very class conscious - and the guys doing the smithing often were "back-roomers" not allowed to talk to gentlemen customers. David escaped that).

I've recommended to Diggory that he interview David for VintageGunJournal....Diggory is posting a series on noted gun makers still alive in UK....but also recommended that he write out questions for David to answer. Started out as a Purdey apprentice working a foot-lathe. Came over to Chicago to work basically for a film-flam artist then struck out on his own. Founded a school for disabled Vietnam Veterans to teach them gunsmithing. Prolific author and worked for years on Parkers although he thinks there are a b***ch to deal with. First wife - statuesque beautiful American Indian. Has a daughter by another wife in Louisiana.

He is a man who has clearly marched to the sound of a different drum!! Each time I talk to him, I keep a note pad handy. This generation is fading into the past but at least David has written a lot of his knowledge. "If it isn't written, it didn't exist.
Posted By: DaveRW Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 01/28/21 07:39 PM
Any word on the release date for the reprint? I do not want to miss the opportunity to obtain a copy when they are available.

I have been regularly visiting the Gunnerman Books site but do not see any news about it. ( I did not want to pester them with an email...)
I had contact with David a few days ago and he mentioned he was still waiting on a delivery of the books but did not give a date.
Posted By: DaveRW Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 03/16/21 08:49 PM
Just happened to check the Gunnerman books site today and they have 10 copies of the reprint available at $90.
Posted By: kopkai Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 03/17/21 09:44 PM
Ordered a copy on St. Patty's day. Carol sent an email saying that it's in the mail. Now.... I hope Walt Snyder will reprint the 2nd edition of " The Ithaca Gun Company...in the begining". What a treasure that is for the Ithaca afficianados. If you can find a copy online, they sell for $300 to $450 each.
I had pre-ordered a copy with Carol several weeks ago. She emailed me to say that she had it for me. Within a few days it should be here.

Thanks, DaveRW.

Stan
Posted By: Chantry Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 03/18/21 01:17 PM
There were 5 copies left as of my posting
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 03/19/21 06:50 PM
I bought one yesterday and they are down to 2 copies left today.
Posted By: Beagle Re: David Trevallion's Shotgun Technicana - 03/20/21 12:02 AM
My copy is scheduled to arrive Monday, from Gunnermans. Carol is a good person to do book business with.
I bought one from Gunnerman about two weeks ago.
My copy arrived several weeks ago, and I have been slowly digesting it. I was a little apprehensive when I opened the package and saw how small a book it is, but I shouldn't have been. There is more useful information in it, for a doublegun enthusiast, than any book I own. I am 80% through it, and read some everyday. It is very well written, and makes it so easy for a layman to understand the workings and history of the doublegun. So glad I bought it.

Well done, David and Michael.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com