doublegunshop.com - home
This one is stocked with just a little cast-on/ for a lefty. I am right handed and I shoot it occasionally at skeet but not very well. So, I am thinking of sending it out to have it bent for cast off. Simple enough. It becomes a little convoluted when considering that the Cody Letter notes the gun was delivered with cast on.
The gun is 90%+; no alterations. 26" barrels as I think they all probably had.
I like to honor provenance when I can but I recognize that I need to do one of 3 things: sell the gun as is, send it out to be bent to cast off. Or even restock it and keep the original as is.
Please chime in if you care to. Many thanks, Gil
Posted By: Grouse Guy Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 02:22 AM
Gil:

I would encourage you to find a LH shooter to adopt it. As a scattergunner of the other shoulder, I often take note of cast-on guns, and admit this is probably the first M21 Skeet I've heard of with factory cast-on.

LH Winchester rifles are bringing a premium price these days, and I suspect a high condition cast-on M21 with factory letter would as well.

GG
Posted By: skeettx Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 02:37 AM
Sell, I say SELL a gun ??
Wow, Hotel California NOT!
smile

Mike
Posted By: nca225 Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 04:30 PM
Is it possible to remove the original stock and yet keep the original stock in a good condition should one later want to reinstall it? If so then why not restock to fit you?
Posted By: SKB Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 04:34 PM
21 stocks show up on the used market fairly often, I would find a spare and alter it to your needs.

Steve

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101295360
Posted By: eightbore Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 06:33 PM
They did not all have 26" barrels. In fact, in the fifties, 26" skeet barrels were not listed in the catalog, they were special order. 28" barrels were the standard issue for skeet guns.
Posted By: skeettx Re: WIN 21 T-SKEET 20 STOCK DILEMMA - 12/23/20 09:17 PM
For $40, I would sure lace this on before spending any
restocking money or selling the gun

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/triple-k-leather-cheek-pad
Originally Posted By: gil russell

I like to honor provenance when I can but I recognize that I need to do one of 3 things: sell the gun as is, send it out to be bent to cast off. Or even restock it and keep the original as is.

Some people simply have no reading comprehension, or respond without even reading. Here's proof:

Originally Posted By: nca225
Is it possible to remove the original stock and yet keep the original stock in a good condition should one later want to reinstall it? If so then why not restock to fit you?

1805 posts, and still nothing useful.

I like the suggestion from skeettx to try the lace on cheek pad first. Keeps the gun original, and permits you to see if the change in cast improves your scores.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com