doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: BrentD, Prof sling hooks - 12/21/20 03:53 AM
Years ago, I bought a two pairs of sling hooks for a 1" sling. I am pretty sure I gave away one pair. The other I use all the time. I'm finding it would really be nice to have a second pair after all, but alas.

I think I bought them from Jeff's Outfitters, or possibly Gazalan, but neither show them on line any more. Does anyone here have a source?
Posted By: keith Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 04:13 AM
Your tag line says:

...never pay Dave "one more dime"

... yet you come here and use his site to request help. What a piece of work you are.
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 06:27 AM
You might try New England Custom Gun:

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/products.php?cat=296

Bruce
Posted By: SKB Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 10:41 AM
The Winchester style hooks? I might have an extra set, I can look.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 01:13 PM
Brent, they're often available on Ebay.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 01:27 PM
Steve, Yes, that would be great. Let me know.

RMB, there is one hook there now. But only one.

The pair I have is quite nice and I don't recall that it was very expensive either, but apparently unavailable now.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 03:07 PM
I was glad to learn of one available since I happen to have a single on hand. When I saw the price, I lost interest. I don't think a single will cost over 10 dollars. Too bad we don't have gun shows now. They were available there for $20-30. Be patient; they're out there.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 03:10 PM
Is there an advantage to sling hooks vs. the push-button quick detachable style?
Posted By: SKB Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 03:16 PM
The hooks will fit on older style sling mounts, the eyes you see on vintage rifles. I have the hooks and eyes on one of my muzzleloaders and the other uses a thong Rigby style silent sling which attaches via a clinch knot.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB
The hooks will fit on older style sling mounts, the eyes you see on vintage rifles. I have the hooks and eyes on one of my muzzleloaders and the other uses a thong Rigby style silent sling which attaches via a clinch knot.

Thanks, Steve.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 04:12 PM
Good one jOe.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 04:14 PM
Dave,
I use them in a number of ways, including what Steve describes, but I also use them in combination with leather, lace-on sling anchors to give me an easily removed sling. I also use them with a long-range, international competition muzzleloader, where strange rules regulate where slings can be attached and how they can be used when shooting prone matches.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 04:17 PM
Gotcha. I like how they seem to be easy on, easy off. Thanks, Brent.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: sling hooks - 12/21/20 04:21 PM
the are easy on, and not TOO easy off. That last part is key. Don't want one letting go be accident.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com