doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 12:05 AM
One day after Pearl Harbor day.

Godspeed, General.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Rocketman Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 12:54 AM
He was a great guy. As a college senior, had dinner with him fall of 1968 before he gave a very inspiring speech to the Univ of MO - Rolla American Institute 0f Aeronautics Astronautics chapter. That was my first lesson that famous people could be very down to earth.

DDA
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 01:17 AM
He must have been an interesting guy, but I never got to see him. Did see his X-1 I think it was called - the plane the broke the sound barrier. It was not impressive to look at, except that it had all the appearances of something that was unsafe at any speed. Took some mighty serious courage to drop out of a bomber's belly in that thing.
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 01:19 AM
A great sportsman and easy to talk to gentleman. Sat with him after a couple rounds of trap at the Rod and Gun club Edwards AFB. Discussed lots of things, guns, aircraft, weapons technology and what not. A true American pioneer!

RJM
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: 28 gauge shooter
A great sportsman and easy to talk to gentleman. Sat with him after a couple rounds of trap at the Rod and Gun club Edwards AFB. Discussed lots of things, guns, aircraft, weapons technology and what not. A true American pioneer!

RJM

How did he do at trap? Did he miss?
Posted By: GLS Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 02:00 AM
He had great vision and was reputed to be able to see enemy fighters at 50 miles. Gil
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 02:07 AM
Gil, The general used to come down and quail hunt on the "big plantation" adjoining me, years ago. Everyone who mentioned him thought highly of him.

RIP, Gen.

SRH
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: OT-RIP General Chuck Yeager. - 12/09/20 02:56 AM
He really was "the Right Stuff". Godspeed indeed.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com