doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hal New DGJ came today - 10/10/20 01:39 AM
Loaded with interesting articles, but how I wish they would use darker ink, not only in text, but especially on the picture captions. Have a bit of glaucoma so I can barely read them.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: New DGJ came today - 10/10/20 08:42 PM
In my dotage I'm having some trouble too.
Posted By: ed good Re: New DGJ came today - 10/11/20 01:02 AM
same ole, same ole...
Posted By: Hal Re: New DGJ came today - 10/11/20 02:28 PM
Too many publications are like that. Wish they would spend a few more pennies on black ink. And they think its so cute to print pastel letters on white or pale backgrounds.
Posted By: topgun Re: New DGJ came today - 10/11/20 02:33 PM
I too find reading some of the print very tedious in my old age, but about all I do these days is look at the pix anyway; so no big deal.
Posted By: eightbore Re: New DGJ came today - 10/11/20 07:04 PM
The "Vintage Doubles" ad is the worst for readability. The white on black in miniature type is impossible to decipher. I gave up trying, even though something may appear some day that would interest me.
Posted By: Hal Re: New DGJ came today - 10/12/20 12:06 AM
Had the same trouble 8-bore. Dug out the magnifying glass. Hope the publisher reads this thread.
Posted By: Mills Re: New DGJ came today - 10/14/20 05:16 PM
I don't try to read the Vintage Doubles ad anymore for the reasons given above. Kirby is a good guy to deal with though. I have a Greener I bought from him
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: New DGJ came today - 10/14/20 06:59 PM
My compliments also for lots of neat articles; esp. Bro. Tom's "Lost Then Found" on p. 39.

For the 1 or 2 interested and with the near vision to tell the difference wink the barrels on John Campbell's Phantom on p. 51 are Laminated Steel, not Damascus; and likely are "Best English 3 Iron Laminated Steel" which was indeed the winner of the 1st phase of the Birmingham Proof House trial
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cvqRzkg0wEjhAAcFWr8gFi7aPFRsSIJ_hahfDxmrNAU/edit

The barrels on Terry Deem's Remington Model of 1873 on p. 124 are Bernard I, not Laminated Steel. Similar barrels on a 1875

I've sent messages to John on the PGCA site and Terry through DGJ.
Posted By: GLS Re: New DGJ came today - 10/14/20 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Mills
I don't try to read the Vintage Doubles ad anymore for the reasons given above. Kirby is a good guy to deal with though. I have a Greener I bought from him
Mills, looking forward to reading your article in the issue. Gil
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: New DGJ came today - 10/15/20 11:19 AM
Make that 2 or 3 Dr. I appreciate knowing exactly what those barrels are.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com