doublegunshop.com - home
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has owned or does currently own a gun (any gun) by an English retailer called John Price, or J.Price of Folkestone Kent, I have all his two address details and start of business dates...
But I'd really like to see more of his guns, which I suspect were either made by Midland gun company or J.W.Tolley, or some other Birmingham maker. I've only ever seen one hammer gun by him with a jones under lever to it, with Stanton and co locks possibly mid 1880's with two stubbs barrels.
Would like to see photos of any other gun by him, please get in touch if you can help?
Roxdale.
W
Welcome. All I have for John Price is 13, Sandgate Road, Folkstone, Kent and trading between 1913 to 1920. He did well not to go out of business during the War. If only in business for a short time his output was probably quite small and limited to local sales. It might be well worth e-mailing Folkstone Museum https://folkestonemuseum.co.uk/ I have often found local museums very helpful in such circumstances. It can be quite amazing what they can add to research. Good luck. Lagopus…..
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com