doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ksauers1 Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/16/20 10:45 PM
Where can l get a good pair of prescription shooting/hunting glasses?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/16/20 11:03 PM
Lots and lots of places. Decot is one, I like Randolf Ranger Edge glasses. There are others. LLBean offers the latter (or they did when I got them). I'm sure Orvis will sell something. There are many things you can do specifically for shooting also. Interchangeable lenses to swap out for different needs is a very nice option. Depending on your shooting games and your positions, you may have various gradients added (or not).
Posted By: old colonel Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/16/20 11:40 PM
Check out some trapshooting magazines, they used to carry ads for sources of prescription shooting glasses
Posted By: Mark II Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/17/20 12:05 AM
I've had good luck with Morgan Optical.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/17/20 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Mark II
I've had good luck with Morgan Optical.

I use Morgan also. Very good, very helpful, and friendly.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/17/20 12:44 AM
Just a plug for Ranger glasses, they saved my eyes when I blew up a rifle a few years ago. My face was peppered with brass, but my eyes were just fine.

Posted By: Borderbill Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/17/20 04:52 AM
I like Decot Hy-Wide. I've been using them for over 40 years. That they have easy to change lenses is great. Especially in competition when the weather is fluky in the middle of a hundred.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Prescription shooting glasses? - 09/17/20 10:09 AM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Just a plug for Ranger glasses, they saved my eyes when I blew up a rifle a few years ago.

Why does that not surprise me...

Not sure if Pilla makes prescription lens or not...I bought a pair of the Outlaw X's a while back and they take shooting glasses to a hOle new level. I got a package deal with 4 lenses covering pretty much any light condition.

Light weight no edge line to screw with your vision...never notice they're on.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com