doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DoubleTake Warrens WI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 01:50 PM
I'm sure the regulars have figured it out by now, but the longtime Warrens, WI SxS shoot has been cancelled by Woods & Meadow management due to the covid situation. It was always the 2nd Saturday in July, but I noticed this year they shifted it to the 3rd Saturday (July 18), then it disappeared from their events schedule.

The owner at W&M called yesterday and he cited "the older SxS crowd" and "low number's last year made the food serving not worth it" as his reasons for pulling the plug.

Oh well!

That said, a few of us in the are are still planning on shooting our SxS's at Wood & Meadow this Saturday as they are still open, but not serving food or drink.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Warrens wI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 01:53 PM
I won't be making it on this short notice but if you ever hold it again, I may. I've never heard of it in the past.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Warrens wI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 01:59 PM
Brent, it's been advertised right here for the last 20 years. Lot's of Iowegians have attended. Some of whom I've huddled with in a trap house while while a storm with teal-green clouds passed through. I don't want to repeat that again.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Warrens wI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 02:04 PM
Well, I have missed it apparently. I'm mostly a rifle match shooter and I've not traveled for shotgunning in the past, but that will change in the future.

Yeah teal-green clouds are not good. Just thick grey ones this morning. Filling up potholes smile
Posted By: WBLDon Re: Warrens wI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 02:27 PM
Davec

you want to avoid the teal-green clouds or having to huddle with a bunch of Iowegians in close quarters??? LOL
WBLDon
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Warrens wI SxS shoot cancelled - 07/15/20 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: WBLDon
Davec

you want to avoid the teal-green clouds or having to huddle with a bunch of Iowegians in close quarters??? LOL
WBLDon

Both I suspect.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com