doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 OT: Visit to the Great White North in July. - 07/13/20 09:19 PM
Couldn't hunt anything except maybe a few fish but always interesting to look over the options up there...

Sundown on the Big Lake.

Good eats! This one exceeded the slot limit, sadly.

Hope for September...roughly 60 days to go now.

The poor-er cousin, a spruce grouse hen.

COVID silliness didn't stop the locals from having a swap-meet. Interesting way to acqure a nice set of whitetail antlers...
Lloyd3, What is covid silliness? Is it one of the symptoms?
Unreasonable responses to a disease that is IMHO driven far-more by politics and fear these days than substantial, clearly-factual data. Driving up and back across the country was a quite an indicator for me of the rather stark differences between a purple state like Colorado and a fully-blue state like Minnesota (and the intervening red states of Nebraska and the Dakotas). Mask use, personal habits, and business practices varied widely in each state. Remote Minnesota was almost like one of the red states in the habits of the locals but... the rules were clearly being considered as well. More fear than say...South Dakota.
My wife and I just did a little visiting with a daughter in one of the Co college towns. Fruits-n-nuts in masks, just kidding, there’s no way I could tell just by appearances. Maybe, the pot aroma made me jump to a conclusion. Then, did a fun swing through Cody, it’s a different world even for a tourist town.
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Lloyd3, What is covid silliness? Is it one of the symptoms?

Symptom A would likely be a chicken little, clutching at pearls in fear of living your life, bill:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/202...es/#more-196637

Did you hear FEMA told our cowardly liberal governor to pack sand in his ass and forget all about the $550 million in funds he wanted the feds to cough up in response to his not doing his job for four nights of rioting?

Since the statues of Columbus are all torn down, we have new monuments, dedicated to the leftist leadership in place for 4 or 5 decades. They look a lot like burned cars and buildings. Nobody said anything about COVID19 when they were on fire, either.

Best,
Ted
Ted, Craig, What strikes you as senseless destruction and historical erasure is a point of view that says we really ought to accept a third of our citizens as second and third rate in their basic rights. Like most conservatives, you can't figure out how, if you've somehow managed to succeed, anybody else couldn't also. It's almost a fair question. Our glorious leader's work throughout the plague has been a wonder to behold. We had it licked here, but it's back now worse than ever. One thing we have in common though: we're all in the vulnerable age group along with the man himself. Aren't you glad he's on your side?
Regarding masks; GA does not require them. I had an overnight stay in the local hospital last week which is full of covid patients. I've been wearing the mask everywhere since then. No point in endangering my friends...Geo
If someone has a comorbidity problem or if they have a loved one with issues then, by all means, wear a mask. Just don't force me to do so. Many businesses here require a mask for entry and I grudgingly comply. It's the millitent, holier-than-thou stuff that I really resent. Serious virtue signalling by the lefties on this one.
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Regarding masks; GA does not require them. I had an overnight stay in the local hospital last week which is full of covid patients. I've been wearing the mask everywhere since then. No point in endangering my friends...Geo

According to your buddies here Geo, they are telling you its just the flu. I for one hope you continue to wear your mask and stay safe and healthy. You are part of the of the vulnerable group. And sorry of you catch any flak for believing in the science on this.
Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
If someone has a comorbidity problem or if they have a loved one with issues then, by all means, wear a mask. Just don't force me to do so. Many businesses here require a mask for entry and I grudgingly comply. It's the millitent, holier-than-thou stuff that I really resent. Serious virtue signalling by the lefties on this one.

Wow Lloyd! Your sense of community and pitching in to keep others safe from this virus is overwhelming. The folks in your community are so very fortunate. And in the spirit of community and keeping others safe. Get that big toe looked at. Looks pretty nasty and that fungus on it could spread and become contagious. Take care my friend! One way you can start by that is by washing your feet more frequently and keeping better hygiene.
Exactly what I expected.
You may always expect helpful, friendly advice from me Lloyd. Its up to you if you want to heed it.

Here is another reference for you about Covid-19. I find this has accurate data and helpful informational charts showing the steady upward progress of the disease in red states. Blue states that took "more stringent" precautions seem to be doing better with it now, save for california, as you see if you look at it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...irus-in-the-u-s
Well now, it looks as if we are in for another demonstration of the mental illness called Liberalism... courtesy of two of our complete Libturd idiots here who support and defend anti-gunners:

Ted, Craig, What strikes you as senseless destruction and historical erasure is a point of view that says we really ought to accept a third of our citizens as second and third rate in their basic rights. Like most conservatives, you can't figure out how, if you've somehow managed to succeed, anybody else couldn't also. It's almost a fair question. Our glorious leader's work throughout the plague has been a wonder to behold. We had it licked here, but it's back now worse than ever. One thing we have in common though: we're all in the vulnerable age group along with the man himself. Aren't you glad he's on your side?

Originally Posted By: nca225

According to your buddies here Geo, they are telling you its just the flu. I for one hope you continue to wear your mask and stay safe and healthy. You are part of the of the vulnerable group. And sorry of you catch any flak for believing in the science on this.

nca225 is simply too ignorant to understand a lot of things about covid19, or anything else.

Covid19 is indeed a viral illness with symptoms identical to many strains of what we call the flu. It is a respiratory illness that has a wide range of effects. So far, it is not nearly as contagious, virulent, or dangerous as some flu viruses such as the H1N1 Spanish Flu strain that killed upwards of 50 to 100 million people between 1917 and 1919.

After that, the Spanish Flu pretty much went away on its' own, since there was never any vaccine developed for it at that time. All through history, viral illnesses and flu have come and gone on their own, yet Donald Trump is castigated and criticized for observing that Covid19 could do the same.

This new covid19 virus is different and very dangerous mostly because of how it has been politicized. Liberal Democrats are lying to us about the severity and spread, making the absurdly false claim that the United States has the largest number of cases in the world.

Fact is, we don't even really know how many cases China has, because they have lied about the severity and spread since the beginning of the pandemic. They still report a total of only 83.605 cases... a number that has scarcely changed in months... in a country of 1.4 Billion people where Social Distancing is virtually impossible.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

North Korea still claims zero covid19 cases, and Brazil reports over half as many cases as the U.S., with only one tenth as many total tests. Figures lie, and liars figure. And Fake News is not journalism. It is Liberal Lies.

But Libturds like rocky mtn bill and the transgender idiot nca225 would have you believe that the United States is worst in the world. Of course, we also must remember that more testing will naturally result in more confirmed cases. And there is also a political motivation now for over-reporting in an attempt to blame Trump for a viral pandemic. When it became apparent that Blue Liberal Democrat states such as New York were doing a very bad job of managing the virus outbreak, we suddenly saw a shift in numbers. We should also note that crowds at a Trump rally in a states where the total number of cases was among the lowest in the U.S. are irresponsible and dangerous. But crowds of Black Lives Matter protesters and looters in close proximity were deemed to not be a problem or vector fort disease spread.

These two are simply brainless Liberal Democrat sock-puppets.

But the bigger question about them trashing this thread is why old colonel Gladys Kravitz and her wormy pals never seem to have any problem with it. I know the answer to that, and it has nothing to do with honesty, integrity, or concern for this forum.
Please keep spreading your misinformation to your friends. Please.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30484-9/fulltext
What part of my post was misinformation Nancy-boy?

I have worked through this entire pandemic crisis, and still do not personally know a single person who caught covid19. I take normal and reasonable precautions, but I am also regularly exposed to many people who do not wear masks, gloves, or show any real concern about sanitizing surfaces or hand washing. I've also noticed that many of the people who are most likely to blame Trump for increases in the number of infections are also more likely to be among those who act as if the pandemic has ended. My county is predominately Republican, but the adjoining Democrat controlled county has over 10 times as many reported cases and almost 40 times as many reported deaths. And those numbers are not explained by vast differences in population.

Anyone who thinks the coverage and the reality of covid19 is not extremely political is a complete idiot. And there is no bigger idiot than you Nancy-boy.
....Craig, What strikes you as senseless destruction and historical erasure is a point of view that says we really ought to accept a third of our citizens as second and third rate in their basic rights....

....Aren't you glad he's on your side?

I couldn’t care less about senseless destruction, go pick out your favorite hammer and have at your windshield. It is hypocritical that you can selectively deny criminal behavior? And you’re right, old guys are just old guys. Unless you are planning for them to all be on welfare, I’m glad your President is on the side of your grandkids. Sure, you can gift them an old sporter, but I suppose you’re planning on kicking the bucket before you break news about how much they owe those second class citizens, huh Bill?

Oh, and for gun stories, I have an ok little 9mm in the truck, my road buddy, and no fitted case?
Originally Posted By: Lloyd3

Wow Lloyd! Your sense of community and pitching in to keep others safe from this virus is overwhelming. The folks in your community are so very fortunate. And in the spirit of community and keeping others safe. Get that big toe looked at. Looks pretty nasty and that fungus on it could spread and become contagious. Take care my friend! One way you can start by that is by washing your feet more frequently and keeping better hygiene.

Typical, leftist symbolism over substance. As if, wearing a mask does a damn thing for your community or folks in it.

Put up any nonsense you want about a mask helping defeat a virus, any virus, Chris, and I’ll post a dozen studies that refute it.

Masks won’t help. Social distancing is a term that was lifted from a high schoolers science fair project a few years back, which, really doesn’t do anything to prevent spread of viruses.

But, if there is one demonstrable thing that is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to help reduce the spread of COVID19, it is living in a city with a republican mayor, and, perhaps most important of all, living in a state with a republican Governor.

Absolutely indisputable.

The democrat governors who seeded nursing homes in their states with COVID19 positive patients are cold blooded killers, and guilty of war crimes against humanity.

Never waste a crisis, eh comrade?

Best,
Ted

Arizona Ted. Republican governor. Red state (so far frown ) Loves Trump (except Tucson, Tempe and Flagstaff). Libertarian. Opened back up early. Unfortunately, the sunshine and heat theory was wrong. And then there was Old Town Scottsdale on Memorial Weekend.
Plenty of insane conspiracy theories to review here, but please DO read the many links I posted which are from credible sources
https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/is-the-covid-surge-more-fake-news.887097/

Testing "cases" have little meaning, other than as a trend.
Hospital bed occupancy is being skewed by the difficulty in transferring COVID + elderly (and homeless) to care facilities.
One can't fake humans in ICU beds however
Yesterday's stats for the state of Arizona:
1695 ICU beds available
ICU bed occupancy now 88% and fortunately stable
970 ICU beds occupied by COVID patients = about 65% and going up.

Things are still very bad on the Navajo Nation, but it does appear the curve is finally flattening, and deaths are going down. The Nation still has one of the highest per capita death rates in U.S. however. This is 3 weeks old
https://moabtimes.com/2020/06/25/covid-19-is-ravaging-the-navajo-nation/
There were initially low numbers of cases and deaths on the White Mountain Apache Rez but things are getting worse now
https://news.azpm.org/p/coronavirus/2020...op-coronavirus/

But we're WAY OT and that's it for me.
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Typical, leftist symbolism over substance. As if, wearing a mask does a damn thing for your community or folks in it.

Put up any nonsense you want about a mask helping defeat a virus, any virus, Chris, and I’ll post a dozen studies that refute it.

Masks won’t help. Social distancing is a term that was lifted from a high schoolers science fair project a few years back, which, really doesn’t do anything to prevent spread of viruses.

But, if there is one demonstrable thing that is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to help reduce the spread of COVID19, it is living in a city with a republican mayor, and, perhaps most important of all, living in a state with a republican Governor.

Absolutely indisputable.

The democrat governors who seeded nursing homes in their states with COVID19 positive patients are cold blooded killers, and guilty of war crimes against humanity.

Never waste a crisis, eh comrade?

Best,
Ted

Would everyone please note that the midget tried to make a false point using a dated graph from early July.

The date of your graph is July 2nd. On July 2nd we had 2,724,640 cases in the US.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/02/latest_news/1593643054_879458.html

As of today we have 3,362,871
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...irus-in-the-u-s

That is that is nearly a 25% increase in cases in the US since the print date of the midget's graph and the vast majority of those new cases are from red state's like Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Georgia, as well as the blue state of California. Furthermore, it took 6 months to reach 2.7 million and two weeks to increase it by nearly 25%. Ironically the increase appeared after the red states started their early and ill advised re-openings.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-confirmed-cases/texas

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-confirmed-cases/florida

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-confirmed-cases/arizona

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/state-timeline/new-confirmed-cases/georgia

Look at those steep upward trends that started after July 1!

In fact Ted, If Florida under the Republican Ron DeSantis (Who fired the scientist in charge of Florida’s Covid-19 database because she would not manipulate the data to support reopening certain counties early. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020...ata-reopen-plan) were a nation unto itself, it would be the 4th worst case for new infections on the planet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...s-idUSKCN24D0HE

So midget, do you see now how badly your foot gets shoved into your mouth and out your a$$ when you come at me with clearly outdated data to prove your ill informed point? Try harder cause although I do enjoy dismantling your arguments, its more fun when you have researched and worked hard at your homework.

So, Bill, arson, vandalism, destruction of property, looting and assault are legitimate forms of protest in your view?
The increase in cases is an increase in testing. It does not correspond to an increase in hospitalization or, an increase in ICU occupation.

Data for Minnesota. Staggering increase in testing, not a staggering increase in hospitalization, or, notably, death. At the lowest point now, since prior to April. Most of our deaths were in compromised, vulnerable populations that were deliberately infected by state leadership. Pointed out by someone else already is the fact that sick people still readily cross the US border illegally into Arizona, any breakout of cases by immigration status, or, is that racist this week?

The test isn’t all that accurate and false positives, frequently, with other corona virus infections.

Unless a democrat governor is seeding a vulnerable population with the bug, we are talking about a virus that has about a 99%, or, better, survival rate.

Best,
Ted
Goillini, No. of course not. Her's the balance: of police there are many fine officers; there are a few bad apples. Of BLM protesters there are many fine people; there are a few bad apples. Bad apples are bad apples.

Ted

Masks do help... a little. There is a reason why Doctors and Nurses wear them. They are better than nothing. But most of the masks in use are about as effective in stopping a 1/8 micron covid19 virus particle as stopping number 8 shot with a tennis racket.

Social distancing could help if people could be kept far enough apart for a long enough time period. But when you are standing on those 6 ft. markers in the checkout line at Wal Mart or Home Depot, every time you move forward, you are advancing right into the air that was breathed or coughed out by the person in front of you.

Given that fact, a lot more of us should have been infected by now if it was really as contagious as the hysterical Liberal Left Chicken Little's are screaming. Not saying you can't catch it. But viral load probably has a lot to do with getting infected, and the severity of the infection.

The shutdowns were merely intended to slow the spread and flatten the curve until the medical system could mobilize. Only a complete idiot would think that we could completely shut down the economy and just print money indefinitely, and also would think that it was a total mistake to re-open businesses. Hard to predict how many people would suffer and die if we over-reacted and caused a multi-year global crash and depression. It is only natural for the number of illnesses to increase during a pandemic. That actually fits the very definition of the word.

I hope everyone takes a minute to click on this trapshooters.com link posted by the Preacher:

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/is-the-covid-surge-more-fake-news.887097/

Read the first post in that thread, a very good article from The American Thinker

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/07/_is_the_covid_surge_more_fake_news.html

I believe that article way more than I'd believe anything from the American Brain-Dead Democrats-- rocky mtn bill and Nancy Boy nca225.
Dang, sorry I brought up the mask. Nevertheless, I'm wearing one for the full fourteen days after I left the hospital, and if I were infectious I'd hope the mask protected someone to some extent. What you do is up to you...Geo
Originally Posted By: keith
a very good article from The American Thinker

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/07/_is_the_covid_surge_more_fake_news.html

I believe that article way more than I'd believe anything from the American Brain-Dead Democrats-- rocky mtn bill and Nancy Boy nca225.

No surprise there, right up your extremely narrow alley of not quite intellectual abilities.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/
Posted By: SKB Re: OT: Visit to the Great White North in July. - 07/15/20 01:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Dang, sorry I brought up the mask. Nevertheless, I'm wearing one for the full fourteen days after I left the hospital, and if I were infectious I'd hope the mask protected someone to some extent. What you do is up to you...Geo

I see it the way you do Geo., Get well soon.
Steve
Originally Posted By: keith
a very good article from The American Thinker

No surprise there, right up your extremely narrow alley of not quite intellectual abilities.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

A variety of writers, and a variety of topics. Here was a good one:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/202...asts_paper.html

You probably think the NY Times is a centrist, unbiased source. But, she doesn’t, and, lets face it, she worked there until she couldn’t take it anymore.

Wonder what NPR would say? No, I guess I really don’t.

Best,
Ted
I checked the ratings that mediabiasfactcheck.com gave to some hugely biased Fake News sources such as the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, and NBC...

...it looks like someone needs to fact check this obviously Liberal Left biased fact checker. This outfit appears to be right up there with Snopes when it comes to fact checking.

I still chuckle whenever I think of how Snopes said it was false that the DNC did not display the American flag at the 2016 Democrat Convention. Then the DNC apologized for NOT displaying the flag... thus throwing Snopes right under the Fake News Bus!

Liberals don't just lie to us. Liberals even lie to themselves. They even have themselves convinced that extreme anti-gunners such as Altzheimer Joe Biden are no threat to our gun rights. It's hard to get any more stupid than that.
Latest data from (Red State) Florida:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/202...deo-and-report/

Hmm. Looks like Chris was lied to again by the national media.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: OT: Visit to the Great White North in July. - 07/15/20 12:43 PM

Best,
Ted

Was the official Florida record breaking death count yesterday of 132 people dying from Covid a lie as well?

Still trying to read between the lines and connect the dots here Ted.

The real mystery to me is how those crafty Dems managed to get Countries throughout the world to close down costing trillions in economic losses. Must be a global conspiracy I guess.

Best,
Ted

The conservative tree house?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

Tree houses are for kids and that website sounds like a place for conservatives go to molest them. Enjoy your subscription to it ted.

Edited to add:

You also seem to be concluding from that article that its the # of cases that was inflated. You may want to take a closer look. It only identified several facilities that had incorrectly reported "positivity rates", albeit some grossly. What that doesn't actually get to is confirmed cases. That number and the increasing rate of them hasn't changed. You may also want to study a bit more the relation between testing, confirmed cases and the positivity rates, as your some of your posts above indicate an unclear understanding of them.

Best,
Ted

The conservative tree house?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

Tree houses are for kids and that website sounds like a place for conservatives go to molest them. Enjoy your subscription to it ted.

Edited to add:

You also seem to be concluding from that article that its the # of cases that was inflated. You may want to take a closer look. It only identified several facilities that had incorrectly reported "positivity rates", albeit some grossly. What that doesn't actually get to is confirmed cases. That number and the increasing rate of them hasn't changed. You may also want to study a bit more the relation between testing, confirmed cases and the positivity rates, as your some of your posts above indicate an unclear understanding of them.

The Treepers simply reposted what the local Florida media discovered, Chris. If you had read it, you would grasp that.

If I am confused about positivity rates, I’m in good company. The CDC warns the test is often inaccurate at correctly diagnosing novel corona virus.

I’m sure the media you rely on for your information are sharper than the CDC, however.

Best,
Ted
This has certainly devolved into the usual conflict and I guess I'm to blame for that. I suppose I could become meek and quiet and not express my frustrations about our current challenges.

Our Democrat Governor here in Colorado stated just this week that "people who don't wear masks here are stupid & selfish". My response to him would be that he could be right... that I clearly am selfish when it comes to the liberties that I consider to be my birthright. I would likely counter his argument by saying that he is merely yet-another example of a "petty tyrant" who has weaponized this virus to strike fear in the less-educated component of the population, in order to more-fully exert the power of the State over it's inhabitants for a now clearly (at least to me) nefarious end-game.

I am willing to give the folks that initially forced this "shutdown" the benefit of the doubt. We clearly couldn't fully know what we were up against (because of the duplicity of the Communist Chinese). We also clearly didn't want the issues that were affecting Italy so-adversely and we couldn't simply sit by and let it happen here. Five months later, however, and we know a lot more about what we're faced with now. The lethality of this COVID-19 infection simply does not compare, even remotely, with the infamous Spanish Flu of 1917, not even close. It actually does, however, compare fairly closely with the several afflictions this country suffered-under during the Obama Administration's tenure a few years ago (H1N1, SARS, West Nile, etc.), which were, of-course, blissfully ignored by the then completely sycophantic media.

As I see it now, virus and influenza deaths are a sadly inescapable fact of life. The old and the infirm are the usual victims of each successive wave that washes over this country on an annual basis. It is also quite clear to me that the medical systems of this country are far-better equipped to handle these challenges than any other nation on this planet. God help you if you get sick anywhere else but here.

IMHO, the mechanization's of the media and their Democratic partners to make more of this virus than it actually is are fairly transparent to anybody who is actually willing to look. The obvious goal is to damage the economy of this country so-badly that the current occupant of the White House can't run on his past successes with it. Pure and simple. When the upcoming election is over, everything will change....but only if a Democrat is elected.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com