doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 06:41 PM
We could have an HONEST and civil discussion of the issue here if members were willing to accept the give-and- take that conversation requires. I would welcome the opportunity to explain the difference between being opposed to assault rifles and being anti-gun. People who can't see that distinction will spoil the chance. That's what paranoia does to you.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 07:28 PM
Slow day ?
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 07:32 PM
Describe an assault rifle, in your own words please.
JR
Posted By: keith Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 07:36 PM
Billy, the anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Democrat politicians that you so dearly love and support are opposed to far more than so-called assault rifles. But I guess that's just what stupidity and dishonesty does to you.

That list of some of Altzheimer Joe Biden's campaign promises does not include his decades long hatred and desire to ban handguns, or his proposal to impose costly taxes on guns and detachable magazines. He has also promised to make Beto O'Rourke his anti-gun czar if he is elected.

Liberal Left Democrats have also passed or attempted to pass laws banning ammunition, hunting, and even the bolt action rifles that you approve of... because they fire high velocity ammo capable of penetrating police body armor. But you don't really want a CIVIL and HONEST DISCUSSION about those facts, because you avoid those facts at all costs.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:08 PM
Welcome to the DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com. Feel free to use these forums to discuss your doubleguns, double rifles, drillings, combination-guns and related material. The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!

Gun control = being able to hit what you aim at.

Mike
Posted By: craigd Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:20 PM
So, is this an honest Bill topic, or was honest Bill the guy that said he’s a hundred percent politics?

Anyway, if the last two or three weeks have taught us anything, it would be, guns are unnecessary, and the proper thing to do is call the police if one feels threatened or if they feel their home or loved ones are in danger.

With that in mind, guns are only for recreational purposes, because the Constitution is a living and breathing document, and there’s an amendment that says something to the effect that if it doesn’t have the outward appearance of an ‘03 custom sported from between the the two wars, tread cautiously.

There are also state and national regulations dictating the amount of ridicule and demonization reserved for US citizens in name only. For example, instead of defending their home, the McCloskey’s should have known their good name was going to be smeared and some activist dem was going to threaten them with criminal prosecution. And, yes it is just fine to establish their own AR shooting ranges and hunting season in the republik of choptown.

Does paranoia apply to an entire group, or a subgroup of US citizens? Can you see paranoia on the color of their skin or is it a content of character issue?
Posted By: Steve Helsley Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:29 PM
Bill,
If an informed discussion of "assault rifles" is to occur - can you please provide
your definition?
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:40 PM
ohh I'm so making popcorn!!! This is going to get dumb real fast, que the usual clowns!!! I guess the OP took Dave's comment literally and had to prove him right by posting something like this!

"I realize there has been some idiocy on the board generated by uninformed members who speculate about things they have no knowledge of...largely in an effort to demean others."

down the toilet in 3...2...1
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:42 PM
I see there's no discussion forthcoming, and that's fine with me. I can take Keith's insults without any damage. Craig, paranoia is an individual mental affliction common, but not confine to, the far right.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Politics of gun control - 06/30/20 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: RARiddell
...que the usual clowns!!!...

Better send Dave another check for starting this one.

https://youtu.be/2lPKU5qSO6A