doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Chantry 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/17/20 05:50 PM
It appears that they have moved the 2020 Vintager's Cup to Sept 16-19,2020. What I don't see is a registrant form. Am I missing something?

Also what is appropriate wear for a Vintager's shoot for someone who doesn't want to spend money on new clothes?
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/17/20 06:12 PM
You can dress up or you can dress down. Maybe something “period” or not. Regardless, you’ll still be welcome to sign up and shoot.
Posted By: susjwp Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/17/20 07:47 PM
We went last year. No special clothing, only shorts and tee shirts. Had a very nice time. We shoot for fun, not for score. They opened a third small bore course that loops around the five stand. Nice presentations. There should be more vendors this Fall, but the usual cohorts display.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/17/20 07:50 PM
Helpful thread regarding shooting attire
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29963
Posted By: MattH Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/17/20 09:45 PM
Chantry, you have the dates right for this year's VGC. We do not have the registration form up yet, but we'll get that posted soon, and I'll let everyone here know as soon as it is.

As DAM16SXS and susjwp said above, the most important thing is to come and have fun.

I'll start the usual thread on the VGC when we post the registration form. ---Matt
Posted By: LeatherWoodSteel Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/18/20 01:20 AM
The Vintage Cup is one of the highlights of the year. That’s especially true this year after the Spring Southern was cancelled. Haussmann’s is a great location. Wear whatever you like. It’s a very welcoming group and huge fun. I sure as heck shoot for score:) I love the competition and the excellent company while competing. A great time at a truly outstanding event. Only downside, my wallet suffers. Haha. Can’t wait for the Vintage Cup.
Posted By: Chantry Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/18/20 04:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Normally I'm at the NY State Cowboy Championship, but Covid-19 has caused them to cancel it this year.
Posted By: Mike of the Mountain Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/19/20 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MattH
Chantry, you have the dates right for this year's VGC. We do not have the registration form up yet, but we'll get that posted soon, and I'll let everyone here know as soon as it is.

As DAM16SXS and susjwp said above, the most important thing is to come and have fun.

I'll start the usual thread on the VGC when we post the registration form. ---Matt

Matt, will it be 16-19 or 17-19? THX!
Posted By: MattH Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 06/22/20 12:55 AM
Mike, It's September 16–19, 2020. That's Wed-Sat so Sunday can be a travel day.

Wednesday will be for a fundraiser. The Vintage Gunners and the Anthony J. Rinaldi Jr. Foundation for Children with Cancer are teaming up to hold a special event to raise money to send children with cancer to “Camp Can-Do.” The special event, a pump gun challenge, will have several pump gun competitions plus shooting open to O/U shotguns and semi- autos for those who would like to try out the course. All proceeds from shooting on Wednesday will go to this deserving cause.

For more details, see the Vintage Gunners website: https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup

--Matt
Posted By: Mike of the Mountain Re: 2020 Vintager's Cup - 07/04/20 07:45 PM
Thanks Matt. Wednesday is Ernie's annual Rinaldi event incorporated into the VGC. Got it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com