doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RDD 486 Parallelo 20g - 03/30/20 11:47 PM
Hello all - I hope you are safe and healthy!

I have a Beretta 486 Parallelo 20g arriving on Friday. I've never actually layed hands on of these but have done quite a bit of research online and think this will fit my needs nicely. Although I have a few other SxS shotguns - I don't shoot any of them particularly well. Each of the 3 I own currently are modern Spanish sidelocks (2 Arietta's and an AyA) with double triggers and English stocks. While I definitely prefer the aesthetics of 2 triggers and a straight stock - my predominantly O/U shooting makes especially the straight stock hard to get used to. This new Beretta has a pistol grip and single trigger.
Just looking for opinions (good and bad) on this model. As mentioned, I've already got one headed my way so I can't change my mind now.
I'll post pics and my initial impressions when it arrives.
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/01/20 05:27 PM
I've got one on my short list but in your non-preferred orientation. I'm looking forward to your report.

Like you I own several Spanish SxS's that I do shoot well but with the advent of non-toxic ammunition requirements in my state, having a gun proofed to handle pressures greater than CIP-proofed guns is attractive.

Bruce
Posted By: DaveRW Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/01/20 09:19 PM
I have always loved the way the slim profile of a SxS carries vs an O/U. I too do not shot them that well. I have a Phila. Fox and Utica Fox, and a Parker Repro and shoot the Parker with more modern stock dimensions by far the best.

I have considered the 486 in the same config you are receiving but, I wanted to handle one first. Everything that I have read about the 486 is positive. My only nit is that the wood I have seen on many examples on-line appears more plain than I expect it should. I look forward to your impression!

Dave RW
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/02/20 11:37 PM
Can’t wait for your report. I shot sxs pretty well. Mostly Spanish heard good things about the 486.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/03/20 04:14 PM
I have a friend that imported a 20 bore with 30" barrels from the UK. He shot it very well. Was a nice looking gun with nice engraving.
He sold it, but he always sells everything.
Posted By: Replacement Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/05/20 07:25 PM
I have never handled a 486, but I do have a 426E in 20ga with PG, ST, 28" barrels. Nice gun, usual Beretta reliability and shootability, handles pretty much like my 20ga 686 Onyx.
Posted By: CJO Re: 486 Parallelo 20g - 04/11/20 07:33 PM
A friend of mine had an issue with a brand new 28 bore single trigger, it went off on him upon closing....luckily he was pointing it in a safe direction.
Beretta had a recall on them a few years back, if yours is newly made it’s probably ok.

All best

CJ
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com