doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jlb Fabbri SxS compared to other best SxS? - 03/23/20 02:54 AM
How do the Fabbri SxS guns compare to other best guns? It was only recently I realized that Fabbri made SxS guns.

jborn
I had my hands on a Fabbre side by side once and it was very nice it was not super spical and had a couple very minor problems. A very nice gun but not as good as their o/u. SAMPLE SIZE 1
bill
In 1976 I met the Rizzini brothers in Chicago at the national sporting goods show. They offered the R1E at $2,300 and R2E at 1,250. Years later I had the opportunity to handle a used Rizzini 28Ga SXS double - I also could not afford this 28Ga Rizzini.
I have worked on many Fabbri SXS over the years and restocked a couple. They were superb quality but everyone was a box bird gun and quite heavy. They were made to slug it out with heavy loads and not be so hard on the shooter.
Originally Posted By: James Flynn
I have worked on many Fabbri SXS over the years and restocked a couple. They were superb quality but everyone was a box bird gun and quite heavy. They were made to slug it out with heavy loads and not be so hard on the shooter.

Was thinking about posting that the two I have handled were not game guns, either in weight, girth, or, dimensions. Glad you spoke up.

They were really, really nice. One had Phoenix barrels. I didn’t get to shoot either gun.

Best,
Ted
One of our board members, Mel5141, shoots at least one Fabbri, for doves. I recall seeing a picture of it and asking him about it.

SRH
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Fabbri SxS compared to other best SxS? - 03/24/20 02:00 AM
I Understand the current wait time for a Fabbri is 7 years. An English gunsmith friend had an apprentice leave him and go to work for Fabbri. The former apprentice reported that the work environment is demanding and Ivo is fastidious in all respects of his craft. I handled one built in the ‘90’s once on a driven shoot and it was fantastic in every respect. That moment when you feel the top lever release the barrels is really something special on a Fabbri.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Fabbri SxS compared to other best SxS? - 03/24/20 01:07 PM
Odd as it may seem, just about every Fabbri mentioned on gunsinternational.com is a side by side or an over under game weight gun. Not a pigeon gun to be seen. I guess we have gone full circle and all Fabbri pigeon guns are in collections or out being shot at flyers and none seem to be for sale.
Not a game gun:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101298567

Look at the date it was built. I think the move toward smaller bore guns being specified began around the time this one was produced.

It would be interesting to know how many 12s they build a year, today, compared to sub gauges.

Best,
Ted
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com