doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: arrieta2 Great times for the stock market! - 03/16/20 03:48 PM
Great times for the stock market!

horrible about the virus and we will get through it and things will be back to normal.

Sorry to say that lots of suffering with the virus. But because of the panic, opportunities abound in the market.

One of the best times to buy in recent years.

John Boyd
Posted By: King Brown Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/16/20 04:01 PM
For those who can afford it. For our consumer-addled societies living from pay check to pay check, to eyebrows in debt, not so much.

The last thing I need is another gun. I'm giving mine away to family and friends to ease the burden of too many possessions.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/16/20 04:16 PM
I was buying on Thursday, but I am young and can afford to be wrong.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/16/20 05:58 PM
It is.
We are looking at homes in coastal Florida , as a winter get away place.
Since we arrived, the market collapse makes a whole lot more available.
People living large off 401k’s have to make painful choices.
Or cut into the bone.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/17/20 02:09 AM
Better ask Eightbore first, he brags like he has omnipotent understanding of the stock market in addition to vast wealth. At least he brags as such, in addition to bragging about all his fine guns 🤔. Think he’s making money when the DOW drops 3,000 points in one day, like TODAY? Others are miserable. Selling short there, Eightbore???
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/17/20 03:12 AM
Anyone who didn’t see this coming.....11 yr bull run, frothy as all hell, state of the world...

Been building cash for approximately a year and a half. Little over half of my portfolio. Still not buying. Selling OTM puts. Huge premiums. Anything I’m long in has a healthy balance sheet and paying a well covered dividend. Not even remotely worried about it. Fat stacks to be made in a market like this. Anyone who got caught should have had insurance. It ain’t rocket surgery.

Posted By: KY Jon Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/17/20 03:33 AM
Wife and I moved our retirement over into safer instruments when the market hit 28,000 so I missed the peak by a clear 1,000 points. She was asking me tonight have I started buying stocks yet. She knows me too well. Told her I am going to wait until after Holt's next auction and see if any money is left.

Seriously if you have money on hand it is not unreasonable to start thinking about buying stocks soon. Today is not the time but let it drop another 10% and start looking for real values. Not as some fast buck, flip them and make a killing, but as a five to ten year plan for long term growth. If you have 20 years even better. I don't. Do you think Apple is done making money. When their stock drops 50% in a panic market it is time to look at buying more. It worked in 2008 and I expect it to work again, let it grow and reinvest to compound.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/17/20 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Today is not the time but let it drop another 10% and start looking for real values.

Don’t just sit there with your d**k in your hand either. Sell some puts and get paid while you wait. Become a brain scientist.

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Today is not the time but let it drop another 10% and start looking for real values.

Don’t just sit there with your d**k in your hand either. Sell some puts and get paid while you wait. Become a brain scientist.

Don’t just let your money pile up in one spot. Never mind your d**k.

https://youtu.be/NBzSINxgU0Q

Best,
Ted

Posted By: pmag Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/17/20 10:59 PM
Gun stocks???
Ruger has been down a long time, but, pays a nice dividend. My best stock is McDonalds, but, nobody I know will eat there.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Buzz Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/18/20 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: pmag
Gun stocks???
Yeah, but best to ask Eightbore before making a move. He’s the omniscient guy on this stock (market) sort of thing.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/18/20 12:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Ruger has been down a long time, but, pays a nice dividend. My best stock is McDonalds, but, nobody I know will eat there.

Best,
Ted
Ted, McDonalds fish sandwiches are pretty darned good. Drive through is still open. I hear Culver’s has a great cod fish sandwich. I need to try one. Arby’s cod ain’t too bad either.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/18/20 12:50 AM
I don't know what "buzz" is referring to when he says I have knowledge of the market or great wealth. Sadly, I have neither. The rest of his post is a bit cloudy also. What's up, buzz?
Posted By: Buzz Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/18/20 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
I don't know what "buzz" is referring to when he says I have knowledge of the market or great wealth. Sadly, I have neither. The rest of his post is a bit cloudy also. What's up, buzz?
Simple, go to page 3 of the ‘Corona Virus’ thread, top post. You made yourself very, very clear there, as you have done in the past. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to copy/paste it it here or I would have. Why play dumb??
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/18/20 01:15 AM

Women? Or bikes?

Women? Or bikes?

Cliche, I know, but, true-if you gotta’ ask.....

Best,
Ted

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 03:00 AM
“Buy any of that stock, Lonny?” @BikerTed

Still working my options strategy.

Still working my options strategy.

Don’t just sit there with your d**k in your hand.

Don’t worry about me @Detroitsage. Been on autopilot for many years.

Four pensions, a weird and wonderful annuity sold by a Hasidic Jew to me (on a Sunday!) that a federal regulator asked “Where did you get this, I’ve never seen anything like it?”, and a small collection of stocks and mutual market funds overseen by a local broker.
I bought McDonalds when it was $40. But, I bought RIG when it was $100.

Win some, lose some.

No hurry to retire, either. Did you know I’m a college student?

Best,
Ted

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 03:39 AM

Don’t worry about me @Detroitsage.

Don’t worry. I won’t.

Did you know I’m a college student?

I didn’t! What are you majoring in!?

But, I bought RIG when it was $100.

What did you sell it at?

Betting its more fun then you have had in a long time.

BrentD can help you with a bookie.

Best,
Ted

You wanna’ buy some?

Best,
Ted

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 04:02 AM
Forestry. It’s free, and I figure I can volunteer for an outfit like RGS or the DNR when I get old, like you.

Best,
Ted

Oh, man. Never mind.
Study hard.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 04:16 AM
Never sold RIG.

Hope that school is better than your broker.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 04:29 AM
It ain’t over until it’s over.

It’s over.

Even you.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: tut Re: Great times for the stock market! - 03/19/20 02:05 PM
Had my aunt purchase 100K in stocks two weeks ago through her broker. She felt she wasn't earning enough interest in her CD's and hell the market was going to continue to go up. She's 68 years old. I'm guessing she wasn't the only one who did something like this in the US.
Your acrid comments about corruption and greed in the Wall Street bunko game- rigged by Maddof, Milken and other Jewish money grubbers, recall the Union Carbide disaster some years ago-- One of the regulars in our poker group was a partner in E.F. Hutton, and he was planning to buy that disaster stock and "sell short" and make a huge profit over the suffering and misfortunes of others- No wonder when Jesus drove the crooked money changers from the Temple- the had surnames like- Goldman, Goldfarben, Sachs, Bloomberg et al.. I remember my Irish Catholic grandfather telling me that, having survived the great Depression, partly caused by buy on a 10% unregulated margin situation- that" No tree grows all the way up to the sky, son. It's a rigged game, one you can never win"

But I am also glad that I didn't "over-pay" when I was buying pre-64 Winchesters and pre-1913 L.C. Smiths--hard to liquidate today at a profit-IMO RWF
Makes me think about the late W.C. Fields- my all-time favorite comedian and "raccoon-tuner"-- when approached by a fellow actor, who was asking Fields for a loan- his pithy reply was:"Aaaah yees, a loan, you said. I'd like to oblige you, but un-four-tune-at-lee, all my funds are tied up in cash at the present.

True story- when on the vaudeville circuit before he broke into Hollywood, he would often open a bank account in the small town on the old Orpheum circuit- with fictional names- ie: "Ransom J. Prufrock, Snidley B. Whiplash, Algonquinne Puttersome, etc. Who knows how many of those bank accounts survived unclaimed, after his death in 1945.

Taking stock in light of this new situation- Mae and I own our house free and clear, no mortgage payments since 1979- no credit card debt, never ever- and we own three older but well maintained vehicles free and clear--money in the bank--insured up to 100K (we are about half-way there) and no plans to buy any more guns of any type-thank you very much.

Besides our concerns about semi-guru Murph Da Surf-- wonder how: Sreve Barnett, Robin Hollow, Puglisi's and other if that ilk are faring with high-end gun deals?? RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com