doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: mark Great advice!! - 02/06/20 02:42 PM
Internet anonymity...In certain cases can cause rude, disrespectful and just plain bizarre behavior. Unfortunately; this can manifest as off color, rude, overtly aggressive or irrelevant posts on the board.

Periodically (way more than I'd like); I get complaints about the antics of certain users on the board. I can only assume that the digital world has some how compromised their ability to be considerate and respectful of other members.

Although I am typically in agreement concerning the complaints I do not wish to actively moderate the forum for various reasons.

So in lieu of my whacking a user I'd like to remind all of you about a very useful feature available to all registered users.

The feature is called "Ignore a User".

You can choose to ignore the posts of a particular user, if you wish. Posts from an ignored user will still be shown to preserve the flow of the conversation; however, the body of the ignored user’s posts will be set to “You are ignoring this user”. To ignore a user, click his/her username to go to the profile and click “ignore this user”.

Thank you all for your participation and your patience with these individuals.[u][/u]
In Charge But Not Responsible
Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 02:47 PM
Mark,
Have you noticed the new forum for just us professionals? I have suggested users pm me directly regarding posts in that forum so I could add forum members thoughts. Seems to be working well so far.
Steve
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 02:59 PM
The "ignore the user" is not a cure at all, because the "ignored" poster infects many others on a post . One cannot put those other users on "ignore" too. It's just like one rotten apple spoiling the whole batch. Get rid of the rotten apples, don't just "ignore" them.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 05:51 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB
I have suggested users pm me directly regarding posts in that forum so I could add forum members thoughts.

The sheer volume of posts here would preclude that from working in this forum. May I suggest that some members design an ap, something like the one used in the Iowa Democrat caucus. That seemed to work pretty good. At least insofar as eliminating any candidate that might have any chance of winning in November.
This Double Gun bbs ap if designed correctly should be effective in blocking anything remotely interesting such as hockey, golf, politics and how to date Finnish hotties. (road trip to Munising!)

https://youtu.be/5VvyQuvm4Kc

BrentD’s AMZN (up $10) link worked well so I suggest he be part of the code writing team. I’m sure there must be others with mad computer skills that could help. Any suggestions?

Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:12 PM
I can help with this Lonesome.

I'd bet my best double shotgun that Mark's motivation for this off-topic thread is a response to jOe confronting him about his use of this site for free advertising of his business. That happened earlier this morning in the DIY Gunsmithing forum.

Instead of responding to jOe by saying that he has integrity and pays Dave Weber every time he makes a sale as a result of his free advertising, his solution instead was to act like a "Fascist" and suggest that jOe should be IGNORED or otherwise silenced.

The apparent solution to being confronted about free advertising and self promotion for Mark's boy-friend SKB Stevie is to have special forums that are restricted to participation by only the free advertisers. Then they could filter out the annoying truth by use of PM's. He would simply censor anyone who dared to mention their free advertising. That behavior sounds a lot like Fascism to me... if you actually bothered to learn the definition of the word.

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITHS
Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:19 PM
I very much appreciate the new forum Dave has created for professional members. He accepted my donation the other day and promptly approved my posting privileges not once mentioning advertising.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:29 PM
Just think Stevie, if this was a restricted forum, you could have censored my observation about your free advertising.

On the other hand, you didn't make your little donation until late last year... only after being shamed into it. And you had to be shamed into it this year. However, your boyfriend Mark is still being a freeloader.

I'm pretty sure he would like everyone to IGNORE that!

All that I know for certain about Dave's feelings on people using his forum for self-promotion is his own words. You have seen those words, but choose to do your free advertising in every post you make. And you run away from the question of whether you pay Dave a percentage for every sale you make as a result of your advertising. Everyone else is expected to pay Dave on the honor system after making a sale here.

You seem to feel entitled to operate under a different standard.
Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:36 PM
Thumb on the pulse? Not so much.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:43 PM
Well, there's the honor system most guys abide by when they advertise, and then make a sale here. They pay Dave $12.00 for each sale.

And then there's your "Complete Lack of Honor System"

DON'T FEED THE FREE ADVERTISING GUNSMITH
Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:46 PM
You have no idea what happens between Dave and I. The last gun I sold here I sent him 50$.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:48 PM
I'm talking about every sale or gunsmithing job or gun importation job you get as a result of the free advertising you do in every post you make here. Tell us about all of those sales Stevie. And tell us how much your boyfriend Mark pays when he makes a sale as a result of his advertising.

Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:53 PM
You do not make the rules here Billie.

Thumb on the pulse? Not so much.

I have a feeling Dave may have been referring you and Frank in his post about ignoring anonymous posters. Take care Wills it has been fun.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 07:54 PM
BrentD, why are you reading this post? I thought you said you IGNORE my posts.

Better watch out.... Your dog is looking for something nasty to roll in, and he has his eye on a steaming pile of BrentD.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 08:00 PM
I do not make the rules here Stevie... That is very true.

All I know about Dave's feelings on people using his forum for free advertising and self promotion of their businesses is what he himself has said about the matter.

You have seen those words as well, but they don't mean a damn thing to you. I think that tells us a lot about you and your personal integrity. Are you on Food Stamps too?

Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 08:06 PM
I like this selection of Dave's words to quote:

"Internet anonymity...In certain cases can cause rude, disrespectful and just plain bizarre behavior. Unfortunately; this can manifest as off color, rude, overtly aggressive or irrelevant posts on the board.

Periodically (way more than I'd like); I get complaints about the antics of certain users on the board. I can only assume that the digital world has some how compromised their ability to be considerate and respectful of other members.

Although I am typically in agreement concerning the complaints I do not wish to actively moderate the forum for various reasons.

So in lieu of my whacking a user I'd like to remind all of you about a very useful feature available to all registered users.

The feature is called "Ignore a User".

You can choose to ignore the posts of a particular user, if you wish. Posts from an ignored user will still be shown to preserve the flow of the conversation; however, the body of the ignored user’s posts will be set to “You are ignoring this user”. To ignore a user, click his/her username to go to the profile and click “ignore this user”.

Thank you all for your participation and your patience with these individuals."

I do not speak for Dave but if he truly felt upset about my posting I think he may have mentioned it to me before approving me as the first professional poster in the new forum.

Just my suspicions though.

Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 08:14 PM
Nor has Dave contacted me to say that he has exempted you from what he explicitly said about people using his forum for free advertising and self promotion of their businesses.

You know damn well what he said. You knew it last year when you expanded your free advertising. You also know that almost everyone else abides by the honor system, and pays Dave the customary feee when they make a sale here.

I think those are the folks that have integrity, and have their "finger on the pulse" of what is expected. You feel entitled to operate under a different standard... And it tells us what sort of person you are. Typical liberal behavior.

Have you been doing free advertising over on the Upland Journal forum too?

Posted By: SKB Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
Nor has Dave contacted me to say that he has exempted you from what he explicitly said about people using his forum for free advertising and self promotion of their businesses.

I had no idea Dave had appointed you in charge of advertising fees on the board.

Contact you to inform you someone was exempt? Well aren't you a self important little hacker.

My guess is the forum administrator may do many things with out informing you William, like starting a new forum where you are not able to post.
Posted By: keith Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 08:33 PM
I'm simply making accurate observations about what you and your boyfriend Mark are doing. And I am commenting on his probable motivation for starting this sad whining little thread... which incidentally has nothing to do with double shotguns.

I can understand why you don't like it. I also notice that your boyfriend Mark and a lot of your Libtard friends frequently post comments about how they think Dave should run this forum. Yet you don't ask them why they think they should act as moderators here. Your doxxing crybaby pal BrentD even goes so far as to encourage a boycott of financial support for this forum, all because he hasn't gotten his way here. But you don't confront him about trying to be a moderator.

All I can say to a hypocrite and freeloader like you is, tough shit. Everyone with integrity pays Dave on the honor system. You apparently feel entitled to skate for free. That tells us what kind of person you are. Just my opinion.

Posted By: dal Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 11:01 PM
Where is this new forum?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: dal
Where is this new forum?

What’s up with the Leafs?

Posted By: ed good Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 11:24 PM
yawn...
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 11:43 PM
Where is this new forum?

At the bottom of the list of all the other forums.

SRH
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Great advice!! - 02/06/20 11:48 PM
dal
It is all the way at the bottom of the page.
Mike
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:00 AM
Where is this new forum?

Bottom of the list on the front page of the forum.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:08 AM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Where is this new forum?

Shouldn’t you be writing code?

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:10 AM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Where is this new forum?

Shouldn't you be at hockey practice?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:17 AM
Where is this new forum?

Should be but I’m in a bar watching the Wings lose to Buffalo.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:22 AM

Should be but I’m in a bar watching the Wings lose to Buffalo.

That must suck. Sorry about that. Maybe next time. But probably not. Chances of being the Blue Jackets is about what? Epsilon I suppose.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:28 AM

That must suck. Sorry about that. Maybe next time. But probably not. Chances of being the Blue Jackets is about what? Epsilon I suppose.

Beating, maybe ........... professor?

SRH
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Stan

Beating, maybe ........... professor?

SRH

No being. Beating, they ave no chance what so ever.

Hear ya go again (2x).

Sorta like fishin' for brim.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:36 AM

Suck? Hardly. Old Irish proverb...

Time spent in a bar does not count towards your allotted time on Earth.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:44 AM

Suck? Hardly. Old Irish proverb...

Time spent in a bar does not count towards your allotted time on Earth.

Well enjoy. It may be quite awhile before the Wings win another one. Long after Stanley finds something to whine about in one of my poasts...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:54 AM
Daves common reply to me is play nice with kidds..
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Daves common reply to me is play nice with kidds..

You should listen to him someday and maybe even follow his instructions.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 01:17 AM
That's bream .......... professor. Brim is on'na hat.

You need schooling on more than e-collars .............. professor.

SRH
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 01:35 AM

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 01:52 AM
That's bream .......... professor. Brim is on'na hat.

You need schooling on more than e-collars .............. professor.

SRH

Damn, I'm catching them on every cast. So much fun.

Stanly You are basically like jOe but with a better vocabulary.

It is interesting that you have chosen to stalk me though. It makes the fishing so easy though. Let's see if we can hook some more brims.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 02:08 AM
Stalk you?

Don't flatter yourself. I read through all the posts on here everyday. Yours just kinda stand out ............... in an unflattering sort of way.

If you are going to persist in calling me a name other than mine at least spell it right. The proper spelling of that name is Stanley.

Dang, you're piling them up tonight, prof.

SRH
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 02:17 AM

Stalk you?

Don't flatter yourself. I read through all the posts on here everyday. Yours just kinda stand out ............... in an unflattering sort of way.

If you are going to persist in calling me a name other than mine at least spell it right. The proper spelling of that name is Stanley.

Dang, you're piling them up tonight, prof.

SRH

Fish on! Again.

Thanks, but I didn't really need another. I've caught you plenty o' times tonight (and other nights).

You rise to the fly better than any trout. You gotta be a brim.

All of these replys, "... will be "filed" for future reference," of course.

Get your rest now, g'nite Stanlie
Posted By: dal Re: Great advice!! - 02/07/20 04:01 AM
Where is this new forum?

What’s up with the Leafs?

Who cares, I'm a Vegas knights fan!