doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Harrell Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 07:43 AM
Got lucky at a local auction last week. Bid on 16 boxes but won only 6. 8.50 a box in the end. Love paper 16 gauge and these will work nicely in my H&H and WR shotguns. Was really hoping to win all 16 though. I know that they are fine for my in proof British shotguns but was wondering if anyone knows what pressure they were loaded to.

Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 12:22 PM
Cool. Is the box CIP labeled?

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Mike Harrell Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 01:35 PM
no cip on it.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 02:13 PM
Looks like fine pheasant fodder. They would be fun to use. Does Eley shotgun ammo smell as distinctive as their rimfire ammo when fired?
Posted By: battle Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 04:45 PM
Nice find...
Posted By: LGF Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/29/20 06:47 PM
Question: I have quite a few Eley 3" twelve bore hulls from old Bismuth No-Tox rounds. What would be an equivalent US shell for reloading recipes?

Thanks.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Nice local auction win. - 01/30/20 08:13 PM
Pre CIP. I would think from sometime in the early 1960's at an educated guess. Probably will have the old corrosive primers so clean well after use. If the primer is a darkish colour then 10 to 1 it will be the corrosive type. Cases can be reloaded but would require the old obsolete Eley 'Surefire' primer. I still have loads of them but you may struggle to find them. You will not be able to knock out the primer pocket. perfectly o.k. to use in 2 1/2" chambered nitro proof guns. Lagopus…..
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com