doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: AZMike Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 12:16 PM
What other sites do you visit for shotgun info and conversation?
I have been a member at TS.com for years but it doesn't have too much about SxS's except Drew of course!
I plan on deleting this one from my "go to list" but would like to read what many of you talk about, as much is enlightening and interesting.
Mike
Shotgun World.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 12:23 PM
Several good groups on Facebook, best gunmakers has many British tradesmen. Nitro express and accurate reloading are both more rifle oriented but full of knowledgeable folks. Many who find the free for all here unappealing enjoy nitroexpress, it is highly moderated with a strict no BS policy.
Posted By: CptCurl Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 12:45 PM
NitroExpress.com is a fine discussion forum. It has a definite "international" flavor. As Steve says, it tends toward rifles. It is certainly the best forum for discussing double rifles. That being said, it has a forum dedicated to shotguns, and we would welcome constructive members to that forum.

There is no "free-for-all", and we know how to handle those problems.

Link to NitroExpress.com

Sometimes the sign-up is a bit tedious. The owner, John Hahn, carefully reviews each application to filter out bots and trolls. The administrator who used to perform that service has become inactive in the last year or two. If you try to sign up and run into delays, just be patient. It's worth it.

Curl
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 12:57 PM
Sorry to see you leaving us after such a short stay AZMike. But I can certainly understand your displeasure with political crap like this:

Originally Posted By: AZMike

Sam's Club and Walmart are WAY better than leftest leaning Costco

It's just hilarious to see Stevie commenting on the "free-for-all here" after making hundreds of posts with totally off-topic crap, dumping on Donald Trump and the NRA, and posting hundreds of links to YouTube music videos. And who could forget days of rants after he denied that there is gun registration in New Zealand, and used data from the extremely anti-gun Philip Alpers and his Anti-gun organization Gunpolicy.org to support that falsehood?
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 01:00 PM
Good morning lying Keith. I am not surprised to see you stiring the pot so early...just your typical crap. Did you have anything useful to add? We all know the answer to that question. Nearly 10k useless political posts from lying Keith, Billie is his real name.
I enjoy specific collector's group's forums, like PGCA, AHFCA, LCSCA and then the 16 ga. forum, from time to time. Not much BS on them.

I guess whether or not one can enjoy this forum depends a lot on their nature. If you can be patient and sift through the dross there are some fine nuggets to be had here. Some very knowledgeable people post here from time to time. Gold is where you find it.

SRH
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 01:44 PM
So just what is the [censored] Gunsmith SKB denying here....

A) Dumping on Donald Trump and the NRA?

B) Using data from anti-gunners like Philip Alpers and his Anti-gun organization Gunpolicy.org to support SKB's falsehoods about gun registration in New Zealand?

C) Posting totally off topic crap and YouTube music videos?

I've saved proof of all of the above.

By the way, SKB is not her real name, so she must be a liar.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 01:50 PM
Isn't this great Stevie? This gives you an opportunity to squeeze in some more of your continual free advertising of your gunsmithing and gun import businesses.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
So just what is the [censored] Gunsmith SKB denying here....

A) Dumping on Donald Trump and the NRA?

B) Using data from anti-gunners like Philip Alpers and his Anti-gun organization Gunpolicy.org to support his falsehoods about gun registration in New Zealand?

C) Posting totally off topic crap and YouTube music videos?

I've saved proof of all of the above.

By the way, SKB is not her real name, so she must be a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

You are a waste of electrons Billie, nothing to add, nothing to offer.

We have seen your lies over and over again. You are a waste of my time, but I would like to keep my records up to date.

Are you still using the wkeith(name censored to protect those guilty of hacking)@yahoo.com email address? Take care in Puliski Billie. Very best regards,
Steve(SKB are my initials dumb ass)

Here is music to start your day Billie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpH0muyR-I
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 02:00 PM
I know that SKB is your initials dumb ass. And Keith is my name dumb ass. I have been called Keith since I was an infant. But you have the dishonest character and the pathetic need to try to tar me as a liar.

And just what did you and your pals BrentD and Bob Cash accomplish by your cowardly internet doxxing? Was that supposed to intimidate me and jOe, and make us go away? How's that working out for you... dumb ass?

So anyway... tell us Stevie... do you compensate Dave every time your continual use of this forum for free advertising generates a gunsmithing or gun importation job?
Originally Posted By: CptCurl
NitroExpress.com is a fine discussion forum. It has a definite "international" flavor. As Steve says, it tends toward rifles. It is certainly the best forum for discussing double rifles. That being said, it has a forum dedicated to shotguns, and we would welcome constructive members to that forum.

There is no "free-for-all", and we know how to handle those problems.

Link to NitroExpress.com

Sometimes the sign-up is a bit tedious. The owner, John Hahn, carefully reviews each application to filter out bots and trolls. The administrator who used to perform that service has become inactive in the last year or two. If you try to sign up and run into delays, just be patient. It's worth it.

Curl

Do you think NE would open a forum dedicated to just double shotguns?

Perhaps everyone, or almost everyone ;), could agree to migrate over there. Maybe Dave would pin up a forwarding address to direct folks to a new hangout.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 05:02 PM
There is a shotgun forum on NE, it is slow but they welcome well mannered participants. Apply for membership Brent, your interests in BP rifles would fit right in as well. A bit of a British gun bias over there but that suites me just fine.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 05:06 PM
I know that SKB is your initials dumb ass. And Keith is my name dumb ass. I have been called Keith since I was an infant. But you have the dishonest character and the pathetic need to try to tar me as a liar.

No one needs to tar you as a chronic liar.
You soil yourself so often you’ve lost any credibility you may have ever had.

It’s only been a month since I caught you in another lie.
The tap dance you do when caught is pathetic yet amusing.

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
...when eightbore busted you and called you out...

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have not "called out" any post or poster. Keith must be mistaking me for another poster. My only comment was that most Skeeters were blued frames and case color frames were rather scarce.

Shame, shame, shame, caught in yet another lie.
Is it really any wonder why you're known to all as lying keith?

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have not "called out" any post or poster. Keith must be mistaking me for another poster. My only comment was that most Skeeters were blued frames and case color frames were rather scarce.

Yes eightbore, I may be mistaken about just who called out Crying Bob when he started a thread and posted pics of a CSMC gun that he didn't own. Sorry about that, but there was no intentional deception involved.
I'll be posting yet another thoughtful, penetrating, and contributory discourse soon. I'm sure it will be just as illuminating and informational as those of another highly valued and constantly involved member here.
Steve,
I am a member but haven't been there in years. I checked in last night. The Shotgun forum looked to be all but abandoned and not double specific. I think I'll spend some more time there and see what happens.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 05:15 PM
I need to post some stuff over there, this years hunting pics etc. It is slow over there for sure.
Yup. I can do that too.

but I'm going hunting first. Looks like it will be the Cashmore hammer gun today. Or an SKB hmmm. Choices.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 05:22 PM
Brent,
Is Gus a flusher or a pointer? I never could get the hang of a hammer shotgun with my flushers but hammer rifles are second nature to me.
Gus occasionally points. I don't discourage it anymore. But mostly he is a flusher. There are a few tricks to it. First the gun has close set and low hammers that I can span with my thumb. Second, I watch Gus's tail. He tells me when to get my thumb ready for action. After that, it's pretty fast. But when it is cold, my thumb suffers a bit.

The bigger problem is that the Cashmoor has 30" barrels (minor issue in snow) and it weighs about a pound more. The Ithaca SKB is nice and light, but only a 20.
The airing of grievances is going well now if only King would post an update on The Kid this could be the best Festivus ever.

Posted By: Argo44 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 05:38 PM
I have gotten some excellent information from Muzzleloadingforum
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME
LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME
I CAN SAY ANYTHING I WANT AND WASTE THE BANDWIDTH ENDLESSLY
I CAN SPEW BULLSHXXT THAT HAS NO MEANING AND NO LOGIC
I CAN UNLOAD A MORONIC AND DEVOID OF CONTENT POLITICAL RANT IN ANY TOPIC NO MATTER WHAT IT IS ABOUT AND I CAN ATTACK ANYONE RELENTLESSLY AND MINDLESSLY AND DAVE DOESN’T CARE AS LONG AS I REMAIN A RABID RIGHT WING A$$HOLE WITH A BRAIN THE SIZE OF A DEHYDRATED WALNUT AND DEVOID OF ANY SEMBLANCE OF RATIONAL OR ORIGINAL THOUGHT

Facebook is down today, eh?

Best,
Ted

Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 07:51 PM
That Dr. Wanker is a funny guy, eh Ted... just as deranged and dishonest and hypocritical as the other Liberal turds here. Just take a look at his last dozen or so posts to see how many of them have involved political commentary or his own nasty name calling. Quite a few of Dr. WANKER's posts have absolutely nothing to do with double shotguns.

It appears that Dr. WANKER deleted his recent extremely anti-semitic rant, but I'm pretty sure I saved it for a rainy day like today. I'll check later this evening.

Do you think that SKB Stevie will post links to a bunch of Youtube music videos when he starts posting over on Nitro Express forum? And do you think they will be happy with him doing continuous free advertising and self promotion of his businesses there???

What I'm really wondering is, who is AZMike? I'm guessing that he is another liberal who has a second screen name... like Stevie's little New York friend Shortshells.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 08:23 PM
"I'm guessing that he is another liberal who has a second screen name"

You couldn't be more mistaken William.
Mike is a gentleman and cowboy from SE AZ (the only liberals in Cochise Co. are in Bisbee) and uses the same handle on the Remington Society forum, and his last name on Trapshooters.com
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/04/20 08:57 PM
Other sites I look to include the 16ga.com forum, Shooting Sportsman Bulletin Board, and the Upland Journal site. None allow some of the vitriol we do here.

Concur with others Nitro Express has some good data, though I don’t post there.

This site is still worth the trouble despite the friction. If certain posters bother, identify them and you use the ignore feature. It will be more peaceful. Though I can’t say I use it, the mental train wrecks are occasionally amusing.

The manner in which some treat others sadly speaks for itself.
I don't post on Facebook, or any yuppie website owned and operated by some boy Wunderkind- I don't ride with Uber, have a Pay-Pal account, use plastic money, or answer any of the scam and spoof phone calls-

I basically trust farmers, and rural living members of our society- also brother NRA members, and honorable discharged men- VFW and AL members. I used to post on the Winchester collectors web sire, under the pen name of Edwin Puglesy- but that gruppen has faded- darn shame, IMO.. RWTF
Sorry to see you leaving us after such a short stay AZMike. But I can certainly understand your displeasure with political crap like this:

It's just hilarious to see Stevie commenting on the "free-for-all here" after making hundreds of posts with totally off-topic crap, dumping on Donald Trump and the NRA, and posting hundreds of links to YouTube music videos. And who could forget days of rants after he denied that there is gun registration in New Zealand, and used data from the extremely anti-gun Philip Alpers and his Anti-gun organization Gunpolicy.org to support that falsehood?

I don't generally get involved in these types of discussions, and I must have missed this. However if anyone out of interest wants to actually know what the situation is here(not sure if there are any other Kiwi members here) I am happy to oblige.
Upland journal was a good forum, though have not been on there for years.
GDU.
GDU, thanks for offering an update on recent NZ gun law changes. I've read the propaganda, but also read a Sports Afield article about duck hunting there, which implied the confiscation of semi-auto sporting guns was misrepresented.

If you'd be willing to tell us what's happening "on the ground" there I for one would appreciate it...Geo
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 05:40 AM
Gregdownunder, I saw your new thread about gun laws in New Zealand.

Thank you. I appreciate the information... especially that pertaining to the classes of firearms that are registered there. I am also sorry to see that anti-gunners are incrementally infringing upon your use and ownership of firearms, and blaming an inanimate object and law abiding citizens for the actions of a tiny deranged minority.

However, I am sure that SKB Stevie will not appreciate that information... especially after using very questionable data from a well known anti-gunner, Philip Alpers and GunPolicy.org... to support his assertion that GUNS ARE NOT REGISTERED IN New Zealand...

You will probably soon see Stevie's shrill reply calling me a liar again. You can easily recognize his posts, because every one utilizes this forum for free advertising of his gunsmithing and costly gun importation businesses.
Posted By: tut Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 01:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Gregdownunder

I don't generally get involved in these types of discussions, and I must have missed this. However if anyone out of interest wants to actually know what the situation is here(not sure if there are any other Kiwi members here) I am happy to oblige.
Upland journal was a good forum, though have not been on there for years.
GDU.

I spend a good bit of time on UJ forum. Brad (the moderator) doesn't put up with any political stuff at all. If you post anything of that nature your gone. His house his rules. Makes it pretty civil, which is a plus. Much more on dogs and hunting as compared to this forum for sure. I also spend time on the Parker Forum and Fox Forums. I'm only here about twice a week.
tut, "UJ" What is it?
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 03:06 PM
upland journal forum, I believe they are not taking new non-paying members but I may be mistaken.
Thanks. I haven't heard of it, actually.
Posted By: tut Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
tut, "UJ" What is it?

http://uplandjournal.ipbhost.com/

Here is the sign up info:

http://uplandjournal.ipbhost.com/topic/57982-note-to-new-uj-members/
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 04:51 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB
upland journal forum, I believe they are not taking new non-paying members but I may be mistaken.

This could be a sticking point, maybe there's a trial grace period.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: tut

I spend a good bit of time on UJ forum. Brad (the moderator) doesn't put up with any political stuff at all. If you post anything of that nature your gone. His house his rules. Makes it pretty civil, which is a plus. Much more on dogs and hunting as compared to this forum for sure. I also spend time on the Parker Forum and Fox Forums. I'm only here about twice a week.

There is only one problem with gun and hunting forums that ban political commentary. And that is the unfortunate fact that guns, hunting, and politics are intertwined, and Liberal Left Democrat politicians are constantly attempting to take away more and more of our gun rights.

Anyone who denies this reality is foolish or dishonest.

Anyone who wishes to avoid this reality, and pretend it won't affect our gun rights has their head in the sand... or worse.

And for some odd reason, it tends to be liberals who have the greatest desire to stifle the truth about those politicians who are infringing on the gun rights of law abiding citizens.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 05:19 PM
Amazing! Just effin AMAZING!
People raise political and anti firearm items, then complain, yet keep coming back, in some cases even saying they are "Gone"!
The double gun BB gets more hits than any other here, yet "Oh, I never go there" is said.
Admit you enjoy the sparring, or ignore people, or actually leave as you threaten.
Man up, or.......MHO
Originally Posted By: craigd

This could be a sticking point, maybe there's a trial grace period.

I will easily gamble the money I wasted on Dave.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 06:52 PM

There is only one problem with gun and hunting forums that ban political commentary. And that is the unfortunate fact that guns, hunting, and politics are intertwined, and Liberal Left Democrat politicians are constantly attempting to take away more and more of our gun rights.

Anyone who wishes to avoid this reality, and pretend it won't affect our gun rights has their head in the sand... or worse.

And for some odd reason, it tends to be liberals who have the greatest desire to stifle the truth about those politicians who are infringing on the gun rights of law abiding citizens.

Keith's post is exactly correct. Pleasant as UJ or 16 Ga may be, their banning of political discussion hastens the demise of firearm ownership as well as the end of hunting. While many would prefer not to think about it, gun ownership and hunting are political acts. It wasn't always that way but the antis have created the environment where it is.
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Keith's post is exactly correct. Pleasant as UJ or 16 Ga may be, their banning of political discussion hastens the demise of firearm ownership as well as the end of hunting. While many would prefer not to think about it, gun ownership and hunting are political acts. It wasn't always that way but the antis have created the environment where it is.

I ‘gotta have a beer with this guy someday, preferably after a long day grouse hunting.
A Canadian who gets it.

Brent, you b1tch constantly about the board. You don’t like the politics (well, one side of the politics, from what I see you post, anyway) the money you spent, or, whatever.
So, leave already. Don’t announce it, nobody cares.
But, for all of the faults here, there is really nothing like doublegunshop anywhere else on the web. I’m sure you are clueless about the breadth and depth of firearms knowledge here, not entirely your fault, because most of the English gunmakers, US historians, and writers don’t use their actual names.
Dave, thankfully, in my opinion, edits very little off the board. Everyone has a voice. I’d wager my left gonad he is sick to death of whiners PMing him about how fed up they are with this or that.

Man up, for crying out loud.

If it sucks so bad, start your own board.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 09:40 PM
And once again, James and DM Colonial, two Canadian gun guys, have a greater understanding and appreciation for gun rights than the majority of U.S. gun owners.

This needs to change if our kids and grandchildren are to have any hope of enjoying shooting, hunting, and gun ownership.

EDIT-- Thank you Ted. Well said... Grand Slam outta the park Home Run!
Posted By: canvasback Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/05/20 10:07 PM
Ted, Keith, it may be easier to understand up here. We have no 2cd, so it's constantly an existential threat. Mind you, we still have our share of fudds's and appeasers, taking their lead from both Elmer and Neville. Hard to believe history's lessons are so easily forgotten.

Ted, we'll do that one day. I'd like nothing better. laugh
James,
Bring a 16 gauge. Bring a 2 1/2” 16. I’ll buy your ammunition. We can likely get Lloyd to hang out with us as well.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/06/20 11:29 AM
UJ is taking new members, I was just approved.

I'm not going anywhere, I have been a member here since the old board in the 90's but I disagree that this board has the most knowledgeable membership on the net, maybe once in the past but many of the those posters no longer contribute here due to the complete lack of decorum.

There are other places on the net that people like Michael Louca, Chris Batha, Diggory, Phil Cogan, Kirk Merrington, Kieth Thomas, Peter Higgins, etc contribute and that place is not doublegunshop any longer.

I do not complain to Dave, never have and never will, but the decline of quality posters on this board can not be denied.
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Brent, you b1tch constantly about the board. You don’t like the politics (well, one side of the politics, from what I see you post, anyway) the money you spent, or, whatever.
But, for all of the faults here, there is really nothing like doublegunshop anywhere else on the web. I’m sure you are clueless about the breadth and depth of firearms knowledge here, not entirely your fault, because most of the English gunmakers, US historians, and writers don’t use their actual names.
Dave, thankfully, in my opinion, edits very little off the board. Everyone has a voice. I’d wager my left gonad he is sick to death of whiners PMing him about how fed up they are with this or that.

Best,
Ted

Yup, Ted, I b1tch (not sure about the constantly part) because I can't fix this mess myself. Figured that if more people bitched to Dave, maybe Dave would man up, put his big-boy pants on and do what needs doing. What needs doing is pretty obvious and easy. Meanwhile, the forum becomes less and less, not more and more. I think even you would agree, this place has lost a LOT more than it has gained in the way of quality discussions and participants. And I think we would even agree as to exactly why. But so it goes.

Dave will never get another dime from me, and I have no respect for him at all. He made the rule, "The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!" but a rule that isn't enforced, isn't really a rule at all. Is it?

So, if you are happy with the state of affairs, you can [censored] at me. I'm not happy with the state of affairs so I will [censored] at Dave.

If nothing else changes, I think we can all see where this is headed. And you want to [censored] at me. Go ahead. It won't change anything. Or you could "man up" about it for crying out loud...

Carry on.

Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/06/20 09:14 PM
I still come to this website for the double gun knowledge. But the hilarious posts by SKB Stevie and BrentD above show that there is also entertainment, great fiction, and a window into the mind of dishonest hypocrites.

You can learn about double guns here... but there is no where else that you can learn so much about people... if you pay attention to details.

Both of these pretend gentlemen, SKB and BrentD, have many time engaged in vulgar personal attacks, and they are among the very small minority here who conspired with their equally slimy and spineless pal Bob Cash to engage in internet doxxing. Internet doxxing is the practice of attempted intimidation by posting someone's personal information of the web.

It is also a violation of the rules of this forum. So to once again see BrentD preaching his utter bullshit about breaking of rules is precious. BrentD was personally attacking people here before I ever registered on this site. I have posted QUOTES of his attacks on Lowell Glenthorne to show his behavior is nothing new. I can also name several guys who decided to quit posting here because of them and attacks from other disingenuous and dishonest Liberals.

I don't think that anyone has posted the kind of disgusting vulgar filthy trash that their liberal pal nca225 has posted here... yet if you go back through their posts, you will never find one word of complaint about that.

Here is what I told ed good yesterday about the self-described gentlemen who wring their hands and preach about civility and decorum here on Doublegunshop:

I never stopped ed... even though some of the liberals here have gone to extreme lengths to try to stop me. They have cried and bitched to Dave. They have conspired and engaged in internet doxxing. They have sent anonymous intimidation mail to my home. They have done extensive internet searches trying to find dirt on me. And they even called me on the phone screaming vulgar threats.

These are the sick bastards that preach about how nice and civilized it is on Upland Journal

Think about that ed.

I did predict a couple weeks ago that BrentD would soon start his whiny estrogen fueled campaign to encourage people to stop financially supporting this site. Looks like I nailed that one!

I'm not going anywhere, I have been a member here since the old board in the 90's but I disagree that this board has the most knowledgeable membership on the net, maybe once in the past but many of the those posters no longer contribute here due to the complete lack of decorum.

There are other places on the net that people like Michael Louca, Chris Batha, Diggory, Phil Cogan, Kirk Merrington, Kieth Thomas, Peter Higgins, etc contribute and that place is not doublegunshop any longer.

I do not complain to Dave, never have and never will, but the decline of quality posters on this board can not be denied.

An esteemed list, to be sure. However, I doubt ANYONE on that list could tell you anything about a Hoenig, a Syracuse, a Tobin, a Dactu, a Fransique Darne, a Baker, and more than a few others.

You will need to come here, for that.

Sadly, a lot of who was here, didn’t leave because of strife, they left because of age.

Best,
Ted
Ted the age issue can't be avoided, but the other issue is not only avoidable, but probably a bigger factor by quite a bit and it is TOTALLY controllable.

To each his own, but Dave will see no more of my money. I just spent it on UJ today.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/06/20 10:21 PM
I just looked at the rules on Upland Journal Forum...

If Stevie SKB or BrentD posted many of the things they have posted here on that forum, and if they had engaged in the same cowardly internet doxxing they have done here... they would have been tossed out on their lying hypocritical asses!

Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/06/20 10:53 PM
Ted,
Maybe not on that list, but the DGJ group is full of collectors of American doubles, French guns, Belgium doubles . Lots of top end gunmakers from both America and all over Europe over on FB who readily swap info in different groups. We have a bunch of knowledge here do not get me wrong but there are a ton of double gun guys there too. The fact that it is so easy to upload photos on FB does not hurt either. I agree about the members aging out.

Steve
Posted By: tut Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 12:27 AM
Ted,
Maybe not on that list, but the DGJ group is full of collectors of American doubles, French guns, Belgium doubles . Lots of top end gunmakers from both America and all over Europe over on FB who readily swap info in different groups. We have a bunch of knowledge here do not get me wrong but there are a ton of double gun guys there too. The fact that it is so easy to upload photos on FB does not hurt either. I agree about the members aging out.

Steve

Different type of forum then this for sure. Lots of hunting related forums whether it be small game or big game and lots and lots on dogs and vet related subjects. Contributing members can post photos and sell guns and other items as well. Its more for hunters IMO then this forum, but the certainly is some expertise there when it comes to weapons as well. Members there are certainly a cross section in age. Posters run the gambit from young ones to old timers like me.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 12:44 AM
Tut,
Are you a member of Best Gun Makers Only? That is an excellent group as are a few of the gunsmithing specific ones.
Steve
Posted By: tut Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 12:57 AM
Tut,
Are you a member of Best Gun Makers Only? That is an excellent group as are a few of the gunsmithing specific ones.
Steve

I follow them on Facebook. Guess that's the group you are speaking of.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 12:58 AM
Yes, that one seems more gun oriented rather than focused on hunting.
I guess I'm one of the old timers here, since I re-registered on New Year's Eve 2001. I think, when the board changed formats?

At any rate, I don't spend near the time here as years past. I tend to frequent the PGCA forum and FB pages more these days. Yes, because they are moderated and civil.

I can handle the politics even though there is far too much of it in our world these days. I go to the forums and boards to escape it. But, I understand the need.

What I can do without is the childish sniping. It seems that no matter the topic, some folks have to destroy or hijack the thread with negative or childish comments that add nothing to the subject, just discontent.

When I was working at the museum, I had to deal with office spats. I was amazed that young people who worked in the same room would email each other rather than speak face to face. One in particular printed out a nasty email from a co-worker and brought it to my attention. I asked that person a simple question, "Would you have said that to the person's face? Then why did you write it?"

This board still has value, but I long for the days of Oscar Gaddy, Walt Snyder, heck even old Ed Muderlack. But again, if you don't like the subject or tone, just click off and go somewhere else. Thinking back, it has always been a little rough and tumble.

Anyone who knows what "UJ" is probably has already registered there.
"This forum is not what it once was"............. it never WAS!

It is what it is, and all the philosophizing in the world won't change it. If you can't abide it, no problem. If you can, do what you can, as one member, to improve it. But for heaven's sake, cease with the griping, and the incessant and childish threats to never pay Dave "one more dime". This is Dave's domain, not ours. No one has a right to demand he run it any way but how he chooses. If it does not suit your fancy, don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

SRH
Thanks Stan, and I look forward to your incessant griping about ol' frank the next time he responds to one of your posts
You are so welcome. And FWIW, my prior post wasn't meant solely for you, so don't feel too special.

For those of you who aren't freeloaders, it's time to help Dave out with some funds to keep this website up and running for another year. Think of the number of hours you spend here a year, then divide that into $50. Not much per hour, is it?

Best, SRH
Stan,I never feel special when it comes to you - or maybe I ALWAYS feel special, depending on which end of the spectrum I am looking from at the moment.

I sent my money to UJ this morning.

Yes, Brent, you bragged about that once already. You don't have to repeat yourself.
Originally Posted By: Stan

Yes, Brent, you bragged about that once already. You don't have to repeat yourself.

That's okay, I don't mind. I'll probably brag about it some more. Thanks for pointing that out though.
Posted By: Colonial Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 05:28 AM
What a egotistical, entitled. hypocrite!
Brent, you a real piece of work.
Not meant as a compliment, just to be clear.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 10:38 AM
Brent always shows his true colors. He is what he pretends to abhor. I can’t wait until he not only boasts about not making a donation to the forum but when he suggests others not make donations as well. Odd behavior for a Professor, or is it? Liberal, socialist leaning professors would have a sense of entitlement and expect something for nothing and would always beat their drums. That’s socialism, so go figure....Haha BrentD, cry, moan, bltch, and preach, but never leave what you pretend to despise. crazy
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: buzz
....shows his true colors. He is what he pretends to abhor....

....Odd behavior for a Professor, or is it?....

....would have a sense of entitlement....

Our last kid has the end in sight for college. Understanding hypocrisy has much more to do with what we chat about than any of the 'book' work. There's a solid fellow that goes by 'tut' over on the non political UJ that's "sadly" from a blue state, good luck with your new recruit.
Brent always shows his true colors. He is what he pretends to abhor. I can’t wait until he not only boasts about not making a donation to the forum but when he suggests others not make donations as well. Odd behavior for a Professor, or is it? Liberal, socialist leaning professors would have a sense of entitlement and expect something for nothing and would always beat their drums. That’s socialism, so go figure....Haha BrentD, cry, moan, bltch, and preach, but never leave what you pretend to despise. crazy

No buzz, that's CAPITALISM. There a consumer spends his money where he pleases, choosing the best among competitors. Remember that. Key feature of CAPITALISM.

Amazing how much a couple of posts from me bother you, but bucket loads of obnoxiousness from Willie and Frank don't bother you at all. Well, get used to it.

Onward.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 01:38 PM

Best,
Ted

Yup, Ted, I b1tch (not sure about the constantly part) because I can't fix this mess myself. Figured that if more people bitched to Dave, maybe Dave would man up, put his big-boy pants on and do what needs doing. What needs doing is pretty obvious and easy. Meanwhile, the forum becomes less and less, not more and more. I think even you would agree, this place has lost a LOT more than it has gained in the way of quality discussions and participants. And I think we would even agree as to exactly why. But so it goes.

Dave will never get another dime from me, and I have no respect for him at all. He made the rule, "The rules are really simple: Stay on the subject matter, keep it clean, and contribute answers when you can!" but a rule that isn't enforced, isn't really a rule at all. Is it?

So, if you are happy with the state of affairs, you can [censored] at me. I'm not happy with the state of affairs so I will [censored] at Dave.

If nothing else changes, I think we can all see where this is headed. And you want to [censored] at me. Go ahead. It won't change anything. Or you could "man up" about it for crying out loud...

Carry on.

What is most bothersome is that you have great disrespect for the man who started this forum and who runs the show here. Hell, you even admit to having no respect for Dave. Frank and Keith have not shown that disrespect, nor would they.
What is most bothersome is that you have great disrespect for the man who started this forum and who runs the show here. Hell, you even admit to having no respect for Dave. Frank and Keith have not shown that disrespect, nor would they.

Actually, Frank and keith are extremely disrespectful to Dave by blatantly and repeatedly ignoring the rules of conduct here and running of more membership than anyone and everyone. I'm just willing to be straight up honest about it.

Dave can do whatever he wants. He can boot me, if he so chooses. But I'll call 'em like I see 'em til then.

You're welcome.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 03:06 PM
Well....after reading all of this I was reminded to send Dave my now-annual donation. For me, January is the best time to do it.

Thanks Dave for this little gathering of gun savvy folks.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 03:57 PM

Actually, Frank and keith are extremely disrespectful to Dave by blatantly and repeatedly ignoring the rules of conduct here and running of more membership than anyone and everyone. I'm just willing to be straight up honest about it.

I firmly believe that anti-lead ammunition BrentD, and other Libtard supporters of devout anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats like him, have run off the most people and caused the most dissension and turmoil here. If BrentD actually cared one tiny shit about Capitalism, he wouldn't support the use of steel shot for waterfowl (and other game) when lead shot is cheaper, has superior ballistics, and is/was the choice of far more hunters.

Instead of simply doing the right thing and supporting our 2nd Amendment, they always go off the rails and cry, b1tch, moan, and complain to Dave about things that actually have an effect on our rights to own firearms and hunt with them. They disrupt those thread topics any way they can, including posting YouTube music videos. They relentlessly denigrate our pro-gun President Donald Trump, and our NRA.

As James mentioned earlier... the forums that engage in censorship about those topics actually hasten the demise of hunting and shooting. The posting of YouTube music videos is a blatant violation of Dave's rule to stay on topic, but BrentD will never complain about his doxxing buddy SKB Stevie. He will also never say a word about SKB Stevie using this forum to continually advertise his businesses... even though Dave has told us that sort of free self-promotion using his forum pisses him off.

In other words BrentD... every single post made that includes free advertising and self promotion at Dave's expense is total disrespect. Yet we see no complaints from this gutless spoiled man-child BrentD who cries and runs his immature campaigns to encourage people to stop funding the site he hates... yet returns to every day.

I don't know how BrentD can possibly say anything about me, because the spineless little worm who engaged in internet doxxing of me and jOe claims that he uses the IGNORE function to IGNORE my posts. Or is BrentD repeatedly LYING about that??? We should soon see His spineless pals Stevie and Bob Cash keeping a running count of his LIES.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/07/20 06:30 PM
I guess in my next donation I need to again include a few pennies for the gOOfy libtard professor...

Sadly that's more than he's worth.

Right on, Keith!

https://youtu.be/TGGNAMuHk0k

Zadina!

Bonus footage for Leafs fans. (good Toronto lad, that McDavid)

https://youtu.be/5iKmlyHXTD4

Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/08/20 11:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo
I'm not a frequent poster here but I enjoy the information. Other than here I participate on a limited basis in one bird hunting forum and one group on facebook dedicated to a particular species of bird I like to hunt. One of the things I enjoy about this group is the characters. Often the original topic gets lost in the mix but it only takes a post or two to get it back on track.
Greatest game on Earth.

https://youtu.be/RS88KVYfBqE

Posted By: Hal Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/12/20 08:34 PM
DU had a forum briefly, then dropped it. What is the best waterfowl hunting/gun/biology site out there now? The ones I have seen are mostly just guys showing off big piles or geese and mallards shot with semiautos out of grain stubble.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/13/20 11:11 AM
Originally Posted By: DmColonial
Amazing! Just effin AMAZING!
People raise political and anti firearm items, then complain, yet keep coming back, in some cases even saying they are "Gone"!
The double gun BB gets more hits than any other here, yet "Oh, I never go there" is said.
Admit you enjoy the sparring, or ignore people, or actually leave as you threaten.
Man up, or.......MHO

Finally a Canadian I agree with...
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/18/20 09:47 PM
I haven't checked in here for several months and not missing it in the least. Sure happy to know that all the players are still playing the same roles as always!
Congrats to you all ~~ good bye and goodnight!
Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
I haven't checked in here for several months and not missing it in the least.

Yeah, that's why you checked in, right?

SRH
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 04:25 AM
I haven't checked in here for several months and not missing it in the least. Sure happy to know that all the players are still playing the same roles as always!

Gee Steven, I thought you came back to do some more free advertising at Dave's expense. Strange that you would bother checking in if you don't miss it here. You sound a lot like Gladys Kravitz, the hypocritical Miss Manners of hatchery trout. I haven't heard from you since you called me on the phone from (406) 222-9377 in Livingston, Montana, sounding drunk on your ass, and screaming vulgar threats at me.

Do you think I should post a screen shot showing that you placed a call to me on 2/2/19?

Boy, your voice sure was cracking after I told you what I would do if you tried to carry out your threats. After 2 minutes and 18 seconds, you hung up, sounding like you were pissing yourself. Did you piss yourself? You're probably one of those piss freaks who enjoys that stuff. How do you think your voice would sound if there were hands squeezing your windpipe? That may be a rhetorical question. Ask Gladys. What a gutless piece of shit!
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 11:25 AM

One of the knowledgeable folks who no longer contribute. As I have said in the past, we have lost many quality members due to the the behavior of a couple members.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 02:24 PM
Right Stevie...

You would miss your pal Steven, and the free advertising for his over-priced stock making classes. You and he have the exact same amount of integrity and class. Both of you tried to intimidate me with threats of internet doxxing. Steven made physical threats as well... threats that a gutless little worm like him could never back up.

It is most interesting that a number of the F.A.G.'s (Fake-Ass-Gentlemen) here, such as the Preacher and Miss Manners herself, Gladys Kravitz, never saw anything wrong with stuff like that. How utterly wrong it is for me to even mention it!... or the good and knowledgeable people that you worms have driven away.

Oh yeah Stevie, this forum is really missing a sick spineless bastard who would actually make extremely vulgar threatening phone calls as a form of retaliation for someone pointing out his free advertising. You do internet doxxing, and Steven resorts to threatening phone calls. That pretty much makes you a lot like him, and just as cowardly. And only another gutless free advertiser like you would miss him, and defend that sick behavior. You're a brave one Stevie... Your children must be proud of you. Oh wait. I forgot... Fruits like you don't have children. Nevermind.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 03:46 PM

One of the knowledgeable folks who no longer contribute. As I have said in the past, we have lost many quality members due to the the behavior of a couple members.

Yabut Steve, this thread was five days downstream when it was dug up by the behavior of a knowledgeable contributor? Oh well, or you're one of 'you all'?
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 04:52 PM
Former contributor Craig. One of those that posted good stuff here once upon a time. No more though. Could it have anything to do with y'all? Better not look in the mirror or at your bosom buddy.
Posted By: Hal Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 04:56 PM
Back to the thread. Are there any good waterfowling/gun forums in existence?
Originally Posted By: Hal
Back to the thread. Are there any good waterfowling/gun forums in existence?

The Upland journal actually has some pretty dedicated waterfowlers and would have more if you joined. The whole site is more diverse than I expected and there are some great people there (and some amazing photographers!). I sent in $25 and immediately got a thank you note in both digital and analog form from a REAL HUMAN! Amazingly different that way.

Another place with some dedicated waterfowlers is Hunttalk.com. The site is biased to western big game, but the waterfowlers are a pretty talented bunch.

Hal, wherever you go, the waterfowling discussions will be just that much better, so I hope to see you out there on one of them. I'm getting back into that game and relearning as I go.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 05:21 PM
Former contributor Craig. One of those that posted good stuff here once upon a time. No more though. Could it have anything to do with y'all? Better not look in the mirror or at your bosom buddy.

There is no doubt that you consider Steven's free advertising to be good stuff. No one does as much free advertising and self promotion of his businesses every time he posts as you Stevie.

I actually never saw where SDH-MT contributed much at all. He would typically offer very little that might help anyone do something that didn't involve hiring him. He would disappear for long stretches, but suddenly reappear shortly befor starting another free advertising campaign.

He reacted much like you when simply asked if he was paying Dave for this self-promotion. He lost his shit and engaged in cowardly and decidedly uncivil behavior. It only makes sense that you would miss your pal SDH-MT, since you have the same gutless personality. It makes perfect sense that you would defend someone who makes vulgar and illegal telephone threats.

Funny to see your other gutless doxxing pal BrentD here again. BrentD can't stand it here... But he also can't stay away. Upland Journal is so fortunate to have a human underwear stain like him as a new contributor. You never did tell us if you will be doing free advertising and self promotion over there Stevie.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 06:22 PM
Former contributor Craig. One of those that posted good stuff here once upon a time. No more though. Could it have anything to do with y'all? Better not look in the mirror....

Sure it could Steve, but I take it as a learning experience. True story, a few years back I told myself that if he'd have me, I was going to sign up for a class or two. Too many little things told that little voice in my head not to worry about it and move on, just for me, no one else.
Posted By: Hal Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 06:51 PM
Thanks Brett. Have a link to the Upland journal?
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 06:54 PM
Nice story. Here is another. Over on fb there are some pretty darn nice pictures of his most recent work. Conspicuously absent here though. So it goes with true stories.
Steve
Originally Posted By: Hal
Thanks Brett. Have a link to the Upland journal?

This should work
http://uplandjournal.ipbhost.com/
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 08:11 PM
....Over on fb there are some pretty darn nice pictures of his most recent work. Conspicuously absent here though. So it goes with true stories....

My story had some to do about interacting with a expert for what I perceived to be a benefit. When forming an opinion, say discussing a craft on a forum, how many times does one have to read 'don't ask smithing questions'? Take yourself for example, you seem willing to comment productively about gunsmithing, rather than taking the time and effort to turn down a question. The choices that others make don't bother me in the least bit, they just aren't equivalent.

There was demand a few years back for a memorial forum that it might be argued is underused. Maybe, a view only gallery forum is an option? fb? Are you implying that the purpose of posting is largely for marketing purposes?
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 08:17 PM
Are you implying that the purpose of posting is largely for marketing purposes?

Not in the least. I post because I enjoy sharing. I also enjoy viewing the work of others.

Steve
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 09:47 PM
Maybe, a view only gallery forum is an option?

Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 10:08 PM
Are you implying that the purpose of posting is largely for marketing purposes?

Not in the least. I post because I enjoy sharing. I also enjoy viewing the work of others.

Steve

craigd, don't you wish we saw this side of the apparently bi-polar Stevie all the time? The one who denigrates our pro-2nd amendment President Donald Trump and our NRA, while simultaneously supporting his fellow internet doxxing pals, and people like SDH-MT who make vulgar physical threats, seems to be the one we see most often.

I wonder how long Steven would be welcome on FB if he engaged in that sort of behavior on that social media platform? There are certainly some unusual ideas of what constitutes civility here.

I still think SKB Stevie is more interested in sharing his own free advertising and self promotion of his businesses than anything else though. That disrespect for Dave comes through loud and clear with every single post. If there ever was a photo sub-forum here, would you feel that SKB should or shouldn't include pics of himself wearing buckle strap girls shoes? Personally, I think he should keep his cross-dressing in his own closet. If SDH-MT ever posted pics of his girly shoes... you can bet they would be copyrighted, like the other self promotion pics he "shared".
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/19/20 10:59 PM
It’s tough, a lot of “THOSE” guys who left were real asshats when asked follow up questions, my how they forgot how green they were when they first started out. Unfortunately UJ is not as cool as master BrentD advertises it to be, and if he is there how productive can it really be, dont was fall into his trap! My brother use to buy upland stuff cheap on eBay and sell it on that site for inflated prices. He made a ton of money on those guys! Steven mentioned DGJ and Best guns on Facebook, they are actually pretty good, but a ton of misinformation on DGJ, but there are experienced guys on there that are more than willing to share to help correct some of the fallacies. Only really bad thing here for me is the homophobic rhetoric, but that seems to be the Uniter, both sides use it, too bad, but seriously what’s wrong with people being gay?
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 12:09 AM
I believe this board is the best location of double gun information.

While sites like Upland Journal, 16ga, and Shooting Sportsman are good, this site is the best for my interests.

It is regrettable that the board’s rules are not better enforced as they lead to frequent devolutions. That said moderation of this board is voluntary and I believe Dave is a good guy and not able to be constantly present.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: RARiddell
Only really bad thing here for me is the homophobic rhetoric, but that seems to be the Uniter, both sides use it, too bad, but seriously what’s wrong with people being gay?

This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 12:43 AM
....This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.

Maybe, you should care. Aren't these 'issues' about hypocrisy and directly related to the same agenda whose vision is to shut down case coloring outfits in places like crete, il? Oops, sorry about that Steve, I didn't get the the dog-whistle like I was supposed to, you know like Brent gets from Bill and Bill gets from the woke folk.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 12:47 AM
....This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.

Maybe, you should care. Aren't these 'issues' about hypocrisy and directly related to the same agenda whose vision is to shut down case coloring outfits in places like crete, il? Oops, sorry about that Steve, I didn't get the the dog-whistle like I was supposed to, you know like Brent gets from Bill and Bill gets from the woke folk.

I think I will stick to worrying about what goes on in my house thanks. If I ever feel I have reached perfection I will consider trying to improve how the remainder of the world does things in their homes.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 01:00 AM
Apathy Steve, my point has nothing to do with perfection or what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.
Posted By: Cold Iron Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 01:19 AM

I ‘gotta have a beer with this guy someday, preferably after a long day grouse hunting.
A Canadian who gets it.

Best,
Ted

I can say for a fact that brother canvasback "gets it". 2 years ago in Cook County on the North Shore of Lake Superior I had the pleasure of meeting him more than once. And he was a guest one evening at the cabin and I cooked a steak for him.

It didn't take us long to start calling each other brother, why I call him brother canvasback. Don't recall what we were drinking that evening but it wasn't beer, mostly likely something out of a bottle.

I do know that 2 days prior to that evening I shot a red phase, gray phase and a spruce in the same area.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 02:45 AM
Thank you brother!> You are way too kind. Aside from the eerie similarities in the twists and turns of our lives, the real thing was those damn steaks and your skill, with the grill. Damn that was a good night.

Rest assured....we'll get together afield again. Too much fun to be had.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 11:12 AM
Apathy Steve, my point has nothing to do with perfection or what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

Apathy? No, more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 02:22 PM
....Steve, my point has nothing to do with....what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

....more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.

Only conversation Steve, but sure folks judge without knowing what's in the heart. How else would you know my pals are racists?

How about a current events policy example? How could dems vote for a gov in Virginia with the baggage of a documented racist past? Is it because dems knew he would increase their corrections budget in anticipation of criminalizing American citizens who were law abiding in 2019? Or what about a backdoor policy example that I've already explained. Who knows what's in the heart and mind of the decision to close a crete gunshop, other than the supposed reason that the business is being crushed by targeted fees and regulations. Keeping ars off the street, or showing where lefties want their gun control agenda to reach.

Do you honestly believe, not in this 'community' setting, but by their vote, that an rmbill or an nca isn't judging you? And, by their 'conversations', does it seem like just because you write it, that they will come to the conclusion that they will 'judge not'? Hey, it's just a small example identity politics hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of folks right here saying, I only want your ar, but I decree that classic SxSs and sporting rifles are off limits.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 02:32 PM
Bottom line liberals and Democrats are sick in the head.
How could dems vote for a gov in Virginia with the baggage of a documented racist past?

Judged him by the color of his skin and not the content of his character?

Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 03:41 PM
....Steve, my point has nothing to do with....what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

....more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.

Only conversation Steve, but sure folks judge without knowing what's in the heart. How else would you know my pals are racists?

Oh I don't know....maybe I read some of the posts in the now locked thread on page two. Who could possibly think Frank was racist after reading his posts? A big leap I know.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 03:41 PM

You know thrifty, if you didn't have keith's pubic hairs scratching your eyes all the time, you might actually know the answer to that by looking at what they have wrote instead.

Edited to add. I'm sorry, that was agenda driven and uncivil of me. My bad.
Only really bad thing here for me is the homophobic rhetoric, but that seems to be the Uniter, both sides use it, too bad, but seriously what’s wrong with people being gay?

This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.

Steve, I'll have to go along with the "none of my business" thing since it seems to be the law of the land nowadays, but I still think it is a sin and a perversion...Geo
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 04:12 PM
George don't you know that when a liberal socialist communist of the Democrat Party doesn't like what you've said you are labeled a racist.
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
George don't you know that when a liberal/democrat/socialist/communist doesn't like what you've said you are a racist.

Yes, jOe as a matter of fact having been a Southerner all my life, I am acutely aware of that.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 04:24 PM

Maybe you see something that I dont.

But since you asked..."what's wrong with people being gay ?"

It goes against Gods and Mother Nature's plan.

The liberal would have us believe that gays deserve special rights....

Far as the vast majority of people are concerned gays should go crawl back in their closets and be damn well ashamed of themselves.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: nca225

You know thrifty, if you didn't have keith's pubic hairs scratching your eyes all the time, you might actually know the answer to that by looking at what they have wrote instead.

Edited to add. I'm sorry, that was agenda driven and uncivil of me. My bad.
This is the filthiest post I think I’ve ever seen on this forum. A bit more than uncivil imho. You should be ashamed.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 04:51 PM
Don’t waste your effort. I’m not ashamed of it at all. There is a long history of incivility Around here that you might not be aware of.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 05:28 PM
It shows the workings of a perverted mind...

Just sAying
Posted By: canvasback Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 05:33 PM

Far as the vast majority of people are concerned gays should go crawl back in their closets and be damn well ashamed of themselves.

Just wondering jOe. If it goes against God'a plan and Mother Nature's plan, why does God create gays. Why do other animals engage in homosexual behavior, in the wild.

Seems to me God and Mother Nature have no issues with the whole thing....they are the ones who create the gays, right???
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 05:35 PM
You'll never make me believe God created gAys...
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 05:54 PM

Just wondering jOe. If it goes against God'a plan and Mother Nature's plan, why does God create gays. Why do other animals engage in homosexual behavior, in the wild.

Seems to me God and Mother Nature have no issues with the whole thing....they are the ones who create the gays, right???

It should be noted as well that homosexuality was practiced and accepted in every ancient civilization before the creation of that collection of [censored] tails known as the bible. It should also be further noted that notwithstanding what that collection of [censored] tales instructs about homosexuality and the righteousness of monogamy/marraige, the only point of was for primogeniture.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 05:57 PM

You are correct. That would be impossible as god didn't create anything. Just a convenient construct created by men in power to keep power and control the masses.
jOe, Anything is possible. He created you.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill

Bill, while I hate to disagree with you, your just wrong on this one. jOe is the product of a failed science experiment involving an attempt to breed an albino gorilla. If god were involved, he would have had pity and struck down that sad creation of immoral science.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 06:21 PM
Utterly ridiculous and sad
Posted By: Buzz Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 06:24 PM
Disgusting....
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 06:35 PM
Did he just call me a Whoopy Goldberg ?
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 07:37 PM
Wow that took a left turn really quick! Sorry guys, just couldn’t understand why calling someone gay or implying someone was gay had a sense of shame attached to it.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 07:46 PM

Once again, a master of reason. LOL
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/20/20 08:24 PM

It should be noted as well that homosexuality was practiced and accepted in every ancient civilization before the creation of that collection of [censored] tails known as the bible. It should also be further noted that notwithstanding what that collection of [censored] tales instructs about homosexuality and the righteousness of monogamy/marraige, the only point of was for primogeniture.

WTF??!!?? Why does the word f a i r y have to be censored?

Last I checked its not one of those nasty four letter words.

Ohh wait a minute.... Is that really keith's last name? That explains a lot!
...before the creation of that collection of [censored] tails known as the bible.

Just for the sake of argument, what proof do you have that the bible is a "collection of f a i r y tales"?
JR
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 12:42 AM
Well John, since I wasn't around when they were threading those stories together, I can't say I have firsthand knowledge to give you any proof. That being said, I would point out that my position is strongly supported by how one has to suspend disbelief to have any confidence that any of the occurrences in the bible actually happened. Just like in a f a i r y tale.

For instance I figure I have exact same odds of seeing a guy who was not only crucified, but stuck with a spear for good measure coming back to life, as I do a wooden marionette coming to life. Those odds are a big zero.

The same exact odds that I have of either coming across a burning bush, communicating how I should behave or a wolf with an amazing ability to communicate in human language with me. Again, those odds are zero.

Which, incidentally are the same exact odds of me meeting a fellow who can instantly turn water into wine or a gnome-like fellow spinning gold from hay.

In these examples, if the first premise is possible, then so is the other. But alas, they all are not.

Where do you think your ability to think and have a conscience come from?
JR
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:10 AM
From 6 million years of human evolution including eating cooked meat to grow the human brain.

Since I have no problem answering your questions, kindly answer mine.
If every parable in the bible is true, then would not the same hold true for the Quran? Or Greek mythology for that matter?
They have no witnesses. And parables are stories Jesus told to make a point about His Truth from God.

You ever read The New Testament, nca?
JR
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:19 AM
....I would point out that my position is strongly supported by how one has to suspend disbelief to have any confidence that any of the occurrences in the bible actually happened. Just like in a f a i r y tale....

Maybe so, but one truth, that is self-evident and endowed by your creator, is that you have the right to advertise your goal to ruin others rights. Thank you for politely and calmly explaining the foolishness of kidding oneself about finding common ground with someone like you on all not some of the hurdles the US faces.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:19 AM
nca225 this isn’t the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion

If you want to explain what website is focused on your religious views go for it, few will follow you there.

Like so many who shallowly reason they fail to account for what they can’t explain

I am still clinging to my bible and my guns
From 6 million years of human evolution including eating cooked meat to grow the human brain.

And then suddenly, consciousness just popped into the brain?
JR
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:28 AM
....If every parable in the bible is true, then would not the same hold true for the Quran? Or Greek mythology for that matter?

If you're bent on making fun of words, maybe you're too dumb to benefit from the protections afforded by judeo-christian based laws. Just imagine, if you believe what you intolerantly joke about, you'd be forced to wear a burka and you wouldn't get that tingle up your leg from it any more.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: old colonel
nca225 this isn’t the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion....

Yup Colonel, elsewhere may be more appropriate, but you might thank him for making you think twice about who you might be squaded up with at the clays range, or lean back on a tail gate with at the end of a long days hunt.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: John Roberts

And then suddenly, consciousness just popped into the brain?
JR

I wouldn't say suddenly, more like a slow realization.

Its been over 25 years since I last read either book in full.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:43 AM
....I would point out that my position is strongly supported by how one has to suspend disbelief to have any confidence that any of the occurrences in the bible actually happened. Just like in a f a i r y tale....

Maybe so, but one truth, that is self-evident and endowed by your creator, is that you have the right to advertise your goal to ruin others rights. Thank you for politely and calmly explaining the foolishness of kidding oneself about finding common ground with someone like you on all not some of the hurdles the US faces.

Thats some audible BS there thrifty. You are not interested in finding any common ground with anybody who doesn't share your ideology.
Whereas, no other creature ever gained this "slow realization" over the same period?
JR
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:50 AM
....If every parable in the bible is true, then would not the same hold true for the Quran? Or Greek mythology for that matter?

If you're bent on making fun of words, maybe you're too dumb to benefit from the protections afforded by judeo-christian based laws. Just imagine, if you believe what you intolerantly joke about, you'd be forced to wear a burka and you wouldn't get that tingle up your leg from it any more.

As per usual thrifty, your jabs just miss. I am very thankful I live in a society drawn from western civilization. I don't suffer a tyranny from either government or religion too well.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:51 AM
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Whereas, no other creature ever gained this "slow realization" over the same period?
JR

No other creature expanded and grew their brains by cooking their food. Humans were the only ones to do that.
Its been over 25 years since I last read either book in full.

If you've actually read the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, which each wrote their individual accounts of what they witnessed, in places and times far separated from one another, what of their accounts would you relegate to "f a i r y tales", or maybe a more appropriate term to your way of thinking, lies? But you already said you think it's bunk, so never mind.
JR
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:56 AM
nca225 this isn’t the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion....

Yup Colonel, elsewhere may be more appropriate, but you might thank him for making you think twice about who you might be squaded up with at the clays range, or lean back on a tail gate with at the end of a long days hunt.

As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone without it

When hunting and shooting and look for a common love of the game and decent ethics, can’t say I have ever done a faith check in the field
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:56 AM
nca225 this isn’t the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion

If you want to explain what website is focused on your religious views go for it, few will follow you there.

Like so many who shallowly reason they fail to account for what they can’t explain

I am still clinging to my bible and my guns

Relax Colonel. I was content leaving it at my slight against homelessAsshole. John wanted to engage and still does apparently.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:59 AM

As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone like you seemingly without it.

When hunting and shooting and look for a common love of the game and decent ethics, can’t say I have ever done a faith check in the field

That's decent of you and a good outlook. I'm happy to leave it at that.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:02 AM
....You are not interested in finding any common ground with anybody who doesn't share your ideology.

Don't be so modest, we've worked together often. I recognize the f airy tales that your vote forces on the country, and you come along and confirm it.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:06 AM
....You are not interested in finding any common ground with anybody who doesn't share your ideology.

Don't be so modest, we've worked together often. I recognize the f airy tales that your vote forces on the country, and you come along and confirm it.

Oh, you mean f a i r y tales like trickle down economics?
Beats the hell out of that “New Normal” narrative that just got flushed down the legacy commode....
Guess I was off by a week or two-on when the Dow is going to hit 30K.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:14 AM
....As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone like you seemingly without it.

Sir, I don't know what "tried" means, but I don't mind if you judge me without faith, it's your problem, not mine. A litle bit ago, you made a very judgemental negative comment about nca when he made an unapologetic off color sexual comment. I thought you were pretending to be the character warrior here.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:16 AM
Beats the hell out of that “New Normal” narrative that just got flushed down the legacy commode....
Guess I was off by a week or two-on when the Dow is going to hit 30K.

Best,
Ted

That's right. Nobody works for a living anymore. We're all just investors.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:18 AM
I like 16ga.com, Dogs and Doubles, Fox Collectors and Shotgunworld even though it has really slowed down
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:18 AM
....As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone like you seemingly without it.

Sir, I don't know what "tried" means, but I don't mind if you judge me without faith, it's your problem, not mine. A litle bit ago, you made a very judgemental negative comment about nca when he made an unapologetic off color sexual comment. I thought you were pretending to be the character warrior here.

Try some Visine for your chaffed eyes.
Speak for yourself. Working stiff right here, better wage, better insurance, better conditions than under the last guy. Skills that were on the dust bin of history under the Amateur, suddenly are back in fashion.
I invest more, because of it.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:24 AM
....Oh, you mean f a i r y tales like trickle down economics?

Sure, soros gets richer, and you work for him for free.

No, I was thinking about iranians mining the straights of something or another and not a blip on your energy costs. Or, closer to your heart, the lowest female unemployment in more years than you can count up to.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:28 AM
Speak for yourself. Working stiff right here, better wage, better insurance, better conditions than under the last guy. Skills that were on the dust bin of history under the Amateur, suddenly are back in fashion.
I invest more, because of it.

Best,
Ted

Well I'm happy for you Ted, I truly am. Although I don't think your experience has been widely shared.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...ed-for-decades/
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 02:33 AM
....Oh, you mean f a i r y tales like trickle down economics?

Sure, soros gets richer, and you work for him for free.

No, I was thinking about iranians mining the straights of something or another and not a blip on your energy costs. Or, closer to your heart, the lowest female unemployment in more years than you can count up to.

That missing blip on your energy bill is going to be tidal wave somewhere else and the cost of that is going to exponentially dwarf what you saved.

BTW, a Jew looking taking advantage of free labor huh? Thats an old anti-Semitic trope you tossed out there thrifty. I wonder if you digested that from keith?
I think you are wrong.
6.3 million more jobs since Trump was elected. I really don’t have to remind you of the negative job growth, under the Amateur, do I?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/u-s-...new-series-low/

Of course, Minnesota has a history of lagging behind the nation on wage growth, documented to the progressive politics of the last thirty years. No other state has had so many refugees forced on it, at an average cost of $80,000 per lost soul, per year.

Best,
Ted
Originally Posted By: 67galaxie
I like 16ga.com, Dogs and Doubles, Fox Collectors and Shotgunworld even though it has really slowed down

Swing and a miss. Nice try. But hey, you took a shot.

You miss a 100% of the shots you don’t take. Wayne Gretzky

At least we’re off the religion.

Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 04:13 AM
I think you are wrong.
6.3 million more jobs since Trump was elected. I really don’t have to remind you of the negative job growth, under the Amateur, do I?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/u-s-...new-series-low/

Of course, Minnesota has a history of lagging behind the nation on wage growth, documented to the progressive politics of the last thirty years. No other state has had so many refugees forced on it, at an average cost of $80,000 per lost soul, per year.

Best, Ted

Ted, if you would to have a fruitful conversation, it would be helpful to agree on some basic facts.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/...a/#5b55081227ce

https://www.businessinsider.com/9-charts...trations-2019-9

While you review these sources, I would appreciate if you could provide a source for the supposed "negative" job grown under Obama.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 05:12 AM
....if you would to have a fruitful conversation, it would be helpful to agree on some basic facts.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

....While you review these sources, I would appreciate if you could provide a source for the supposed "negative" job grown under Obama.

Agree? By how many millions more did the population grow, than jobs credited to the community organizer? If you don't have the will to see, what's the point of having you dictate what a fact is.

Why don't you bring up the pretender in chief's quote and sage words about manufacturing jobs that will never come back no matter who's President?
Posted By: old colonel Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 09:59 AM

You are correct I may have misread the post I was reacting to.

I apologize for any offense.

As for character warrior, I do not believe that applies to me either in pretense or reality.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 11:50 AM
Always good to hear from LR, and I know how fond he is of William Gurnall's The Christian in Complete Armour smile
‘The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth,’ saith Solomon, (Proverbs 16:23); that is, he will not (allow) his tongue to run before his (intellect), but knows what he shall speak before he sends his tongue on his errand.
Posted By: AZMike Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 12:51 PM
Lord of the Flies is a 1954 novel by Nobel Prize–winning British author William Golding. The book focuses on a group of British boys stranded on an uninhabited island and their disastrous attempt to govern themselves. Themes include the tension between groupthink and individuality, between rational and emotional reactions, and between morality and immorality.

*Or just put a John Prine cassette in and grab a 12 pack of Keystones......
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 12:53 PM

What the hell you still doing here AzMike ?

Nca225 if ever there was a person in need of an exorcism it's you.
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:01 PM
Hard to go wrong with John Prine but I'll spring to upgrade to Newcastle myself.

This one seems especially appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxKgj7w3tBU
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:01 PM
Lord of the Flies is a 1954 novel by Nobel Prize–winning British author William Golding. The book focuses on a group of British boys stranded on an uninhabited island and their disastrous attempt to govern themselves. Themes include the tension between groupthink and individuality, between rational and emotional reactions, and between morality and immorality.

*Or just put a John Prine cassette in and grab a 12 pack of Keystones......

Re make of Lord of the flies! Lord of the doublegunBBS!!!
Posted By: AZMike Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/21/20 01:13 PM

What the hell you still doing here AzMike ?

Nca225 if ever there was a person in need of an exorcism it's you.

Yea, well Joe I thought you were coming out to the ranch to look for old shotgun brass!
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/22/20 07:44 PM
Bird Dogs and Fly fishing on facebook is a nice one as well
Chris,
Your first source points out that unemployment was near 8% when the Amateur took office, and later peaked at 10%. It stayed there for two years.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 12:01 AM
We now measure the U3 rate instead of the U6 unemployment rate which is the traditional standard. If you use the same measure we always did in the past the U6, unemployment is at 6.9%.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate
Huge difference now is you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a sign that says “Help Wanted”. Everyone who wants a job, basically has one, and employers are realizing if they need to hire someone, they have to hire them away from someone else.
Every single one of the building trade unions, locally, will interview you on the spot. If you have or can get a CDL, you will make $100K this year, without trying too hard. Old employers of mine email me a couple times a month, wanting to hire me away from wherever I am at.
I have truly never seen a time like now in my previous 40 year of employment. Nothing has ever compared to this.
The Amateur didn’t build it.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 01:47 AM
We now measure the U3 rate instead of the U6 unemployment rate which is the traditional standard....

Hmm, when did we start using the U3 unemployment measure?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 01:59 AM
Chris,
Your first source points out that unemployment was near 8% when the Amateur took office, and later peaked at 10%. It stayed there for two years.

Best,
Ted

Yes Ted, you are 100% correct.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news...s-been-steady-1

When President Barack Obama took office in January 2009 during the height of the Great Recession, the unemployment rate was near 8% and it went up to 10% and stayed there for nearly 2 years.

However, I am confident that you looked at more then just 11% of that graph detailing this information and would agree with me that in 2009, the unemployment rate, under President Obama's predecessor, President George W. Bush, had already risen buy a fairly steep slope from 4.5% in 2007 to 8% in January 2009 when President Obama took over.

It is also noteworthy that by mid 2010, a year and half into President Obama's 1st term, the unemployment rate started to drop from the high of 10%, and continued drop precipitously until he left office where it was at 4.5 % precent again. It seems from that graph that there was an average 1% drop in the rate per year after 2010.

It does seem that, according to the game graph you made your astute observation from, that although the unemployment rate is still declining, the rate of decline in the unemployment rate has slowed under trump since January of 2017.

I would also note that your original statement was that there was negative job growth or a net loss of jobs under President Barack Obama. I had asked for your source on that so I could review it. I have not received that yet. As your premise is inconsistent with the factual information I have provided you, do you still stand by it, and if you do, would you please provide a source for it?

Best to you as well.
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 03:11 AM
....I would also note that your original statement was that there was negative job growth or a net loss of jobs under President Barack Obama. I had asked for your source on that so I could review it. I have not received that yet. As your premise is inconsistent with the factual information I have provided you, do you still stand by it, and if you do, would you please provide a source for it?....

I have yet to receive confirmation that you have the ability to admit that barry said manufacturing jobs in the US are never coming back under any President. If you want, I can get a transcript, third hand extrapolate what it means, and retroactively impeach anyone that didn't see him walk on water?

Did you notice, while progressive 'journalists' where fixated on impeachment and climate change, a bunch of international political and business leaders were jostling for time with your President at Davos? Did you catch the part where the head of the wto says he's looking forward to meeting your President within a week or two in Washington to right wrongs he admits his organization colluded with previous administrations against US economic interests, such as middle class job numbers and wage stagnation?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 03:17 AM
Oh, I'm sorry thrifty.

You can find your answer here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU
Posted By: craigd Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 03:40 AM
Shucks, I don't tend to click on stuff. Thanks though for putting your resume in your sig. line instead of that old link to angie's list.
Posted By: keith Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 04:34 AM
Huge difference now is you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a sign that says “Help Wanted”. Everyone who wants a job, basically has one, and employers are realizing if they need to hire someone, they have to hire them away from someone else.
Every single one of the building trade unions, locally, will interview you on the spot. If you have or can get a CDL, you will make $100K this year, without trying too hard. Old employers of mine email me a couple times a month, wanting to hire me away from wherever I am at.
I have truly never seen a time like now in my previous 40 year of employment. Nothing has ever compared to this.
The Amateur didn’t build it.

Best,
Ted

Quite true Ted. I know a hell of a lot of people who lost their jobs during the Obama years. I recently talked to an arson investigator who said he was very busy during that time...

... because unemployed people who couldn't pay their mortgages were torching their homes to collect the insurance.

Nancy-boy nca225 will never admit that the Magic Negro said out loud that chronic high unemployment would be the new normal. Yet our first gay president kept right on negotiating and signing foreign trade deals that screwed the working class, while simultaneously adding taxes and onerous and complex regulations that drove businesses overseas. I have pointed that out numerous times before but nca225 runs from it like an Olympic sprinter. The situation turned around surprisingly quickly after Trump took office.

Like you, I have never seen anything like it, and I also get offers of very good employment by phone and email multiple times a week. That was something that much much less under Obama. But it isn't surprising to see nca225 and Stevie SKB putting up very questionable data in support of an anti-gun Socialist.

However, that brings up another important point. Even if Obama did do a good job, and helped to build a booming economy as Trump has done, there is still Obama's relentless assaults on the 2nd Amendment that should make any true supporter of gun rights despise him.

But Stevie SKB and nca225 don't really care about that. They still hate Trump, and support a puke who infringed upon the Constitutional Rights of Law Abiding Citizens.

Do you think you will ever see nca225, SKB, or any of our other resident Libtards acknowledge that FACT???? Do you think any of our Libtards would ever say those violations of his sworn Oath of Office should have been an impeacheable offense???
Posted By: SKB Re: Other similar Forums that you visit? - 01/23/20 09:32 AM
It was changed during the Obama administration. Sure sounds better using the U3 rate but far less accurate in my mind. We still have wages basically stuck where they were twenty years ago with cost of living rising. I know quite a few under employed people with skills.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com